Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

anyone got any guesses on how the two hour season finale will end? whos going to live or die? where the missle might land?

Comment

• lucky wilbury

everyone don't forget the season finale starts early on mon!

Full Episodes, Clips and the latest information about all of your favorite FOX shows.

2-hour season finale! monday 8/7c

Comment

• lucky wilbury

'24' More?
        Final episode promises surprises, but fans wonder if star Kiefer Sutherland will sign on for another season

Twenty-two hours down, two to go.

"24" (search) plans to end its fourth heart-stopping season with a bang Monday night — a two-hour finale filled with suspense and surprises.

"It's my favorite season ender — it's just been the most fun and I think the most surprising end. I'm not gonna tell you who dies, or if someone dies. But I will say it's a surprise," Howard Gordon, the executive producer of "24," told FOX News.

Aside from the finale (8 p.m. EDT on FOX), one of the biggest mysteries about the show is whether its star, Kiefer Sutherland (search), will be back.

"I'm actually not gonna answer that. That's how — it's actually a very relevant question and it's one that I think people will be surprised at," Gordon said.

So how does "24" remain one of TV's hottest shows, four seasons later? Keeping fans on the edge of their seats, one hour at a time.

"If you're not a little rattled at the end of the hour, it's not been a good show," Gordon said.

And some of the threats confronting Jack Bauer (Sutherland) and the rest of L.A.'s Counterterrorism Unit are eerily realistic.

"I long for the day when it goes back to being a fantastical work of fiction, as opposed to something that is actually mirroring events that are taking place in the world," Sutherland told FOX News.

For example, Bauer and his colleagues at the Counterterrorism Unit (known on the show as CTU) are currently in hot pursuit of Islamic terrorists who have launched a nuclear missile.

CTU agents are trying to determine where exactly the missile may land and to round up the terrorists within the United States who are behind the plot.

The terrorists claim that launching the missile and their earlier attempts to overload U.S. nuclear reactors are retribution for the United States getting involved in their countries' affairs.

Several American citizens have been aiding the terrorist cells as the extremists try to strike fear into the hearts and minds of those living in the United States.

As these storylines mirror real U.S. concerns, Gordon is also a little freaked out by the blurring of art and life.

"We find ourselves really in this weird place of anticipating the headlines," he said.

Even the nation's real defenders have noticed the parallels.

"Some of our military contacts have told me, 'You don't know how close to reality you guys are,' and it's stuff we've made up. And to hear that, I mean, on one hand that's great. On the other hand it's spooky," Producer Tim Iacofano told FOX News.

FOX News' Mike Waco and Anita Vogel contributed to this report.

"24" airs on FOX Network, a property of News Corp. News Corp. is the parent company of FOX News Channel, which operates FOXNews.com.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

its going to be real interesting to see where the show goes from here now that "jack bauer" is "dead". who will the show center around now and will it continue? good season overall a good season ending as well.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Jack will be back...

hence...the great ending...

1. First jack tried to save his family...

2. Then Jack Saved LA...

3. Then Jack Saved the United States...

4. Then Jack Saved the World...

If you think you've seen everything...

You don't know "Jack..."

My guess?

the story goes in a different direction...

Jack's a loner...in Mexico...my guess is he's going to be working covert counterterrorism...but nobody knows he's alive...

'cept for Palmer and Tony...

Let me try and piece this together...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

1. Palmer is going to run for president again...because Keeler won't be able to run because he's hurt or dead...the VP is a dickhead...and can't do it...and Palmer gave him a fucking look at the end of it...he's going to run again...

2. Jack is going to be in Mexico...dead...maybe not in Mexico...but working covert for Palmer...

don't forget...the chick that he pardoned in season 4...was the assassin in season 1...in the first 4 episodes with Gaines...

and was the chick that shook his hand in season 2...that had the poison on her hand...

Can't remember if she was in season 3 though...

so she's out there...

__________________________________________________ ________________

but...I wouldn't mind seeing a "Man With No Name" angle...having Jack in Mexico...and he sees someone getting fucked up by the police or some shit like that...he steps in...and ends up getting chased around Mexico by crooked cops...or he's running from the Chinese...who fucking knows...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Oh...I forgot...really fucking interesting NEWS about 24...for a year and a half or 2....

This oughta be interesting...but would be a great idea for every year...since there's always so much time in between series...1 1/2 years to 3 years...

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

Sean Astin on "24" Duty

by Sarah Hall
                  Aug 26, 2005, 1:45 PM PT

Sean Astin is making the move from the Shire to CTU.

The Lord of the Rings star joins the cast of Fox's 24 for the clock-ticking drama's fifth season, the network announced Friday.

While it's known that Astin's character toils for the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU), Fox is keeping its lips sealed on any other details pertaining to the new addition.

The erstwhile Hobbit is just one of several new characters clocking in for 24.

Fox previously announced that Jean Smart (Garden State), Connie Britton (Spin City) and Brady Corbet (Thirteen) would be joining the cast.

24's fifth day kicks off with a four-hour, two-night premiere Jan. 8 and 9.

The series picks up 18 months after the final episode of the fourth season aired, leaving Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) presumed dead, but actually living a new life with new love interest Diane (Britton) and her son, Derek (Corbet).

Apart from his new gig on the groundbreaking TV series, Astin has a bevy of movie projects in the works.

The actor stars opposite Kate Beckinsale and Adam Sandler in the upcoming fantasy-comedy Click, about a workhorse architect who finds a universal remote control that allows him to fast-forward and rewind to different parts of his life. The film is scheduled to be released next year.

Astin also appears in the thriller Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, opposite Patricia Arquette, about a robbery gone wrong, and lends his voice to the animated film Cat Tale, about a cat named Rover who has mistakenly grew up in Dogtown and travels to Catopolis to find his real family.

On the home front, Astin is likely keeping busy with daddy duties after he and his wife, Christine, welcomed their third daughter, Isabella Louise, last month.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Good addition...

lmfao...I liked Lord of the Rings just fine...

but c'mon...we know Sean from an even greater Movie...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Or, of course...

Mikey...from the Goonies...

Comment

• lucky wilbury

gotta love them goonies!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Goonies 2 is in the works...

here's the cast at the 20th anniversary of the movie...

in June...

Comment

• lucky wilbury

the new dvd has their commenary on it as a video so you can watch them wathing the movie telling stories about it. i think it was on sale this week or last week at best buy for 9.99 .i forgot to pick it up this past week i might get it this weekend if i hit new hampshire

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

the new goonies dvd?

lmfao...I may have to pick it up...I have a little one that might be interested in it...lmfao...

Comment

• lucky wilbury

its the same movie has all the extra and what not its just a newer version dvd. i hate when they do that put out an movie then like 6-8 months later come out with a suped up edtion. thats what the did with the goonies. the first dvd if i remeber right had very little in the way of extras and this newer one has it all

Comment

Working...