X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGuitar69
    Groupie
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    The biggest mistake you made was posting another thread about it after you realized that posting the first thread about it was a mistake. If you know what the problem with MA is and you are not saying it is because you are full of it like the others with so called inside info. There is no way that Alex Van Halen told you, a stranger, what went down with DLR and what the problem with Mike Anthony is. Yeah, after all of this time they chose you, a stranger, as the one to spill the beans to. Nice try.
    How about a nice warm cup of "Shut the fuck up"?

Get a life and leave the guy alone. Stuff like this does happen in L.A.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
      Groupie
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kennedy
      What the fuck does this have to do with your message to not "let it bother you"? Dork.
      Oh gosh, does it bother you that I mentioned my career?

How ARE things at McDonald's, anyway?

Comment

• Hyman Roth
        Veteran
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
        How about a nice warm cup of "Shut the fuck up"?

Get a life and leave the guy alone. Stuff like this does happen in L.A.
        Hey bro - YOU shut the fuck up. Why don't you do your research before acting like your shit don't stink just because you met Gilby Clarke at some gay bath house in LA.
        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
          Groupie
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
          Hey bro - YOU shut the fuck up. Why don't you do your research before acting like your shit don't stink just because you met Gilby Clarke at some gay bath house in LA.
          You left out the part where I was doing guitar amp product development with Dave Friedman, who also does work for EVH. You forgot about many others as well. Sorry loser, no gay bath houses in my life. Your sexual fantasies REALLY need an outlet, that's obvious.

Anyway, his story is very believable. Oh, and by the way...congrats on the brain transplant. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Comment

• Kennedy
            Groupie
            • Mar 2004

Oh gosh, does it bother you that I mentioned my career?
            Gosh no. But I am somewhat intrigued with dorks like you who hide behind their computer and pretend to have an entirely different identity.

Please humor us with more details of your career. I'm very anxious to hear what you do....

Go.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
              Veteran
              • Nov 2006

Fuck off jerk-water. Its easy to lie on the internet about how important you are in real life isn't it? You don't seem to have half the intelligence it takes to develope anything but your own imagination. Now run along, junior, and go play your Playstation Guitar Hero and update your MySpace page.
              Trollidillo-T

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                Groupie
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kennedy
                Gosh no. But I am somewhat intrigued with dorks like you who hide behind their computer and pretend to have an entirely different identity.

Please humor us with more details of your career. I'm very anxious to hear what you do....

Go.
                HAPPY to oblige you. I was Product development Mgr at B-52. (I developed the AT-100 series. I brought Dave Friedman of Rack Systems in North Hollywood in on the project, and he did the final tweaks on the prototype. John Ziegler played guitar while Dave tweaked the amp. Dave does work for EVH, Lynch, and a lot of other monster players and bands in L.A. You may have heard of John...he plays in 2 bands, Pigmy Love Circus and Volto!....both of those bands have a drummer you may have heard of: Danny Carey of TOOL) George Lynch and Frank Marino are friends of mine. Shall I go on? Nah.

I've also done national sales management for 2 different manufacturers.

2 years ago, I got married and moved to Running Springs, CA, which is in the San Bernardino Mountains. I rep for several manufacturers, and I continue to do consulting and product development work in the musical instrument business.

That's my life. It's what I do. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but my career HAS given me some great friendships with famous AND not so famous people.
                Last edited by JohnnyGuitar69; 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                  Veteran
                  • Nov 2006

The AT-100 series sucked ass....and when you say "rep for several manufacturers" it sounds an awful lot like you sell guitar strings in a music store to me.
                  Trollidillo-T

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                    Groupie
                    • Dec 2005

Fuck off jerk-water. Its easy to lie on the internet about how important you are in real life isn't it? You don't seem to have half the intelligence it takes to develope anything but your own imagination. Now run along, junior, and go play your Playstation Guitar Hero and update your MySpace page.
                    I never claimed importance. I have experience with living in L.A. as well as workings in the music business.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                      Groupie
                      • Dec 2005

The AT-100 series sucked ass....and when you say "rep for several manufacturers" it sounds an awful lot like you sell guitar strings in a music store to me.
                      Guitar One Magazine, Guitar World, and Guitar player all gave it great reviews. Guitar Center sells a TON of them,
                      and that amp has broken sales records for them. Harmony-Central has a shitload of reviews on that amp...from people who bought it. Check the ratings, pal.

Kennedy asked me to give some background, so I did.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                        Groupie
                        • Dec 2005

Worked in music stores selling strings? I sure did! 20 YEARS AGO.

That was before I began working for manufacturers in sales management, product development, and artist relations. I have a good resume, but I didn't brag about that. I was challenged to back up what I said. So, I did.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                          Groupie
                          • Dec 2005

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2006

I never claimed importance. I have experience with living in L.A. as well as workings in the music business.

Have a nice day.
                            JohnnyG - Don't waste your time justifying your career for the lame. To begin with, Kennedy is considered a TOOL.

Everyone else: This thread was never meant to ruffle any feathers....you have a choice:

Either believe the story or not. What's so hard about that?

Those living outside of Southern California, Las Vegas and New York "may" find this story hard to believe, since these situations don't happen in everyone's neighborhoods, but they do happen in the referenced cities frequently.

But WHY is there ANGER in this thread? If you think it's BS, so be it.....but ANGER? it's got no place in this thread, whether you believe this story to be true or not.

Comment

• Kennedy
                              Groupie
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
                              begin with, Kennedy is considered a TOOL.
                              Fuck you, cunt.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                                Groupie
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
                                JohnnyG - Don't waste your time justifying your career for the lame. To begin with, Kennedy is considered a TOOL.

Everyone else: This thread was never meant to ruffle any feathers....you have a choice:

Either believe the story or not. What's so hard about that?

Those living outside of Southern California, Las Vegas and New York "may" find this story hard to believe, since these situations don't happen in everyone's neighborhoods, but they do happen in the referenced cities frequently.

But WHY is there ANGER in this thread? If you think it's BS, so be it.....but ANGER? it's got no place in this thread, whether you believe this story to be true or not.
                                You're right, Bunnie. Thanks much! Greetings from the San Bernardino Mountains! :-)

BEST regards,

Johnny

Comment

Working...