Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    In a related note, the water in FL is the worst anywhere. It's terrible.
    You are not exaggerating. For a short while I lived in a city outside of Fort Lauderdale that had water so caustic that by merely showering in it created skin ailments, as it literally tore the skin off of your back. Since as I was renting at the time, I didn't see the logic in purchasing a water filtration system for a one bedroom apartment in order to remain healthy (the tap water had a horrible sepia tinge to it as well). I simply moved at the next available opportunity.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 01-24-2010, 01:18 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well it seems like the Dr. Pepper is getting wider distribution at the moment, but the Pepsi and Mt Dew may be done for this run. I think I got the last 12 pack of Mt Dew in town.

Also I picked up some Thomas Kemper stuff the other day. This isn't the usual Thomas Kemper soda, it's called "pure natural" something or other. It tastes even better than the usual TK brands, as it's not as sweet and has some tartness to it. Also it's in clear glass longneck bottles as opposed to "stubby" brown bottles. Oddly enough there is nothing about it on the Thomas Kemper website, so I don't know how wide the release is, but if you can find them, pick them up.

So far I've found it in 4 flavors - Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Black Cherry, and Blood Orange/Pomegranate. Don't know if there are any others.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

After the way this stuff has been flying off the shelves, it will blow my mind when they don't switch to this for good.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blackflag
          After the way this stuff has been flying off the shelves, it will blow my mind when they don't switch to this for good.

When does it happen for the Pibb?

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Pibb Extra makes me want to hurl.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

it came back on..and then back off the market.

it pisses me off that they don't just make the mountain dew one permanent. Usually while I enjoy mountain dew it feels like I'm weighed down after enjoying it. With the Sugar Cane version I don't feel as much.

Mind you, I've mainly switched to diet almost full time now, as I've just recently learned of a history of diabetes in my family (and no, we're not fatasses, just have really fucked up genes in that department), but still. I would like to see that brought back as a permanent thing.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I know that Dr. Pepper came back again this summer, though the label was different from the previous "Heritage" release. Here's the current design....

I don't think Pepsico has Pepsi or Mt. Dew out at the moment, but they did release a sugar version of Sierra Mist, which is their 7-up/Sprite ripoff they came up with when the government wouldn't let them buy 7-up.

Sadly, this stuff just doesn't cut it for me. It's more or less carbonated sugar water without all that much flavoring. I never tried the corn poisoned version of this stuff, but it must have been horrible if the sugar version is this bad. Hopefully 7-Up will take the hint and release their own sugar version, which will no doubt be great. And since Dr. Pepper & 7-Up are the same company, it's really ridiculous that they haven't done so already.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

I've been drinking Coke Zero which has splenda in it..though it still has the diet after-taste to it.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight... down with the genetic engineered high fructose corn syrup complex!!!! I was at Vons tonight here in Laguna (Orange County, CA) and they have cases of the Pepsi and Mt Dew Throwbacks with real sugar. I'm a Coke drinker myself, but I bought a few cases of the Pepsi.... just like being a kid again, pure sugar... I had three cans of the stuff tonight and I'm wired!!!

I didn't read this entire thread, but wasn't it right about the time of the New Coke change and the taste tests between Coke and Pepsi in the 80s that sugar prices were riding at all time highs and the govt was subsidizing the hell out of corn so much that a surplus built up and new markets/uses were needed (hence HFCS and ethanol) -- that's one of the conspiracy theories about New Coke, bait and switch... I always thought "Classic Coke" tasted different when they brought it back, mainly because Coke turned to cheap ass HFCS instead of cane sugar. All I know is corn should be banned except for popcorn in theaters... although when I was attending Notre Dame I had some of the best steaks, potatoes, corn ever in the Midwest (Manny's in Minneapolis HUGE portions AMAZING steaks... but I digress)...

Long live SUGAR!!!!!

That is all.

Icon©®™
                    Last edited by conmee; 09-15-2010, 03:10 AM.
                    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What the fuck is Von doing in California?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

It's good to see people aren't falling for the high fructose corn syrup bullshit.
                        Despite manipulative garbage like this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVsgXPt564Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVsgXPt564Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

now they wanna call it "corn sugar"

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, never let it be said that you can't get any useful information from Celebrity Apprentice.....

It was revealed on that dumb show tonight that "7-UP Retro" will be released soon, with real sugar, of course.

About damn time, considering they have been falsely advertising it as "all natural" for years now, and corn poison is NOT natural by any stretch of the imagination.

Last time I had a real 7 UP it was smuggled in from China, of all places. Tasted great though, so I'll be buying this shit when it comes out. The Sierra Mist just ain't cutting it......
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Agree the Sierra Piss leaves alot to be desired...

The good news is..I have found an unlimited supply of throwbacks...from Florida to Ohio ever since March..still getting it today!

Also found stores stocking MexiCoke in glass bottles...probably my very favorite...it's just that you have to finish the whole bottle..can't screw the top back on, you know.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                                I still can't fathom how the corn lobby can influence 2 private industry giants like Pepsico and Coke to the point of changing it's own recipe into one that is less popular....unless I'm just off the mark.

The switch to HFCS was done with no fanfare or warning....it seems like it just happened one day, and that's it. Not many people are even aware of the difference.....they think it's merely a label change to celebrate the 60 years of Pepsi, and nothing else. Fuck it, man...I'm not gonna get into the HFCS debate with them-more throwback for ME!!
                                Hi!

How you doing today? Good? Great! Let me introduce you to the Food Nazi:

Comment

Working...