Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

BVOs are testicle killers.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
      Does it still use Brominated Vegetable oil?

I think that's the secret behind Mountain Dew addiction!
      Unfortunately it does

I didn't notice that on the label until after I drank it. Can't say I feel too good about that. Or really understand exactly WHY it's in there. :confused:
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

BVOs act as an agent to keep the solution suspended so it doesn't seperate. It's used in most citric drinks.
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
          Red Bull Cola is the best tasting soda I've ever had!

But I do love the JONES products as well.

I also think Pepsi should bring back CRYSTAL PEPSI without HFCS!
          I never drink soda but I was craving a Coke today. Maybe I'll look for some of that Red Bull Cola and check it out.
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I've got to see if we can get some of that Red Bull Cola down here in Hell. The distribution for the MexiCoke sucks, and I'm not even bothering with this new/old Pepsi because the damn plastic bottles melt too easily around here.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Good call on the Red Bull Cola, WARF! Picked up a 4 pack of it tonight.....

Reminds me of something.... not quite sure what.... maybe the old RC cola before they ruined it with HFCS.

I like this stuff though..... all natural flavorings (who would have guessed mustard seed and pine extract?) and a bit less sugar than Coke or Pepsi.

Downside.... It's priced like an energy drink rather than a cola, and only comes in aluminum cans, like all Red Bull products. But that's OK, because I don't drink the shit like water anymore anyway, but I will be drinking this stuff again
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's another new entry in the cane sugar soda sweepstakes.....

Thomas Kemper's Ginger Peach.....

Thomas Kemper has been making "premium sodas" for years. They used to make beer too, but I think they sold that line off to Pyramid Ales. Hell, maybe it's still the same company? They use the same brown bottles in either case.

Anyway.... Kemper started out using HFCS in their products, but they switched to cane sugar a few months back, probably because Jones was kicking their ass in the market shares. I like their Root Beer and Ginger Ale, but I've been less than impressed with their fruit flavors in the past (cherry, orange, and grape) as they were way too sweet, and seemed to taste more like carbonated KoolAid than the actual supposed flavor. So I was a little skeptical of something called "Ginger Peach", but it was on sale, so what the fuck?? I'll drink just about anything once.

Thankfully, it's more Ginger Ale than peach, and the spice offsets the sweetness. Very well done, Thomas Kemper. If you drink Ginger Ale, or if you're an alcoholic with 12 stepper friends who drink Ginger Ale, might want to pick some of this stuff up.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

I found the Mt Dew throwback. Now I remember why I didn't drink it much as a kid.

I'll be sticking with the Snapple lemon tea.

Haven't gotten the Pepsi yet.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's some good news for those of you who prefer non-carbonated beverages......

Both Snapple and SOBE have switched to sugar in their teas and fruit-based drinks.

Snapple - Made from the Best Stuff on Earth

SoBe World - Teas and Juices
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      Haven't gotten the Pepsi yet.
                      GOT SOME!!! Good stuff!

I decided to conduct a little experiment with the Dew and Pepsi at a family gathering yesterday. I brought the throwback Pepsi, Dew and regular Coke in my cooler, while everyone else had the HFCS shit in theirs.

End of the night, I take a look to see what's left where...The younger bunch finished off ALL the throwback Dew, and left 4 or 5 in the other cooler.

All but one throwback Pepsi was gone (I had a lot to do with that), and there was still lots of regular Coke and Pepsi left in every one's coolers.

Of course I passed some out when I arrived, but by the end of the day, I'd say it was a hit with everyone who never realized that the ingredients had changed.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I never cared for Pepsi or Mountain Dew, and I like both of the throwback versions, especially the Pepsi...

I'm gonna have to try that Red Bull crap...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS

I'm gonna have to try that Red Bull crap...

Meh..I didn't care for it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you drink a couple of jugs of it with a bottle of tequila it's impossible to sleep.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              If you drink a couple of jugs of it with a bottle of tequila it's impossible to sleep.
                              Does that mean Hagar will be selling it at Chickenshit concerts to keep the crowd awake?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh shit.... better grab that Red Bull Cola while you can get it. Probably won't be on the shelves for long.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0rAP541Yv4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0rAP541Yv4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You would have to drink 12,000 fucking liters to equal one line of coke, but that won't matter to the "Reefer Madness/ War On Drugs" right wing mental cases
                                Last edited by FORD; 05-31-2009, 03:49 AM.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...