Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

You can get a whole flat of Mexican coke in glass bottles at Cosco. One of the stores here has a whole isle of Mexican stuff since our economy is based on tourism and we have a lot of Mexicans who work in the resturaunts and housekeeping. We have Mexican Pepsi, Fanta orange, Coca Cola, Sprite, and variouse flavors of Jarritos all in glass capped bottles.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The thing about plastic bottles is put an empty capped two liter bottle out in the sun for awhile. Open it up and smell the inside. It will smell like the chemicals the plastic is made from. That leaches into whatever is in the bottle. I know they are convienient, save of weight, don't break, but glass leaches nothing into the food and is 100% recycleable. It's interesting people won't buy beer in a plastic bottle. The only place I saw beer in a plastic bottle was Russia and it was in a two liter on at that.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Costco.... Winco....Grocery Outlet. It's turning up in a lot of places now.

Which figures.... they make it easier to find, after I give up sugar & white carbs, for the most part.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ford, have you tried any of the Mexican Sprite? I'm usually not much on Sprite, and have always preferred 7-up, but the Mexican Sprite tastes awesome, and there is no comparison between it and the American corn poison version. The Mexican version is soooooooo much better!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Get some Mexican Sprite. A tall shot glass and some blanco tequila. Fill about a third of the glass with tequila, and top the rest off with Sprite. Put your hand over the top of the shot glass and slam it down on the counter or table top. It will fizz up and then shoot it.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've tried the Sprite and the Fanta orange. They aren't as easy to find as the MexiCoke, but they turn up now and then.

Both are definitely much better, because the corn poison is arguably tolerable in a cola if you can't find better, but it simply doesn't mix with anything fruit flavored.

Back in the 70s, my mom used to buy Shasta pop, because it was usually cheaper, and it came in all these weird fruit flavors like red apple, tiki punch, and all that. They were one of the first to switch to the corn poison, and I couldn't stand to drink it after that.

First time I ever tried Jones Green Apple Soda, it was like a childhood flashback, because it was so close to what the Shasta Red Apple was, before they ruined it.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                First time I ever tried Jones Green Apple Soda, it was like a childhood flashback, because it was so close to what the Shasta Red Apple was, before they ruined it.
                If you like Apple flavored soda, and if you can find it in the Great Northwest, try a Mexican brand called Sidral Mundet. There's a regular version that is pretty good, and a green apple one that is exceptional.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  If you like Apple flavored soda, and if you can find it in the Great Northwest, try a Mexican brand called Sidral Mundet. There's a regular version that is pretty good, and a green apple one that is exceptional.

I think I've seen that stuff. Though the store that used to carry it went out of business, unfortunately. (They had Jarritos too, which I don't really care for.... just too sweet. It's like sugar water. Which is better than corn poison water, I guess.... but not by much.)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

i found cans of dr. peppers in my local supermarket.. i love that stuff.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      I think I've seen that stuff. Though the store that used to carry it went out of business, unfortunately. (They had Jarritos too, which I don't really care for.... just too sweet. It's like sugar water. Which is better than corn poison water, I guess.... but not by much.)
                      My kids love the lime Jarritos. I don't mind the tamarind. Lime is popular though the store has a hard time keeping that flavor in stock.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        i found cans of dr. peppers in my local supermarket.. i love that stuff.
                        Dr. Pepper originated in Texas. That's where my father in law is from. Down there you can get it with real cane sugar in it and it's much better than the corn syrup version.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

yeah, i read the bio of ben hogan the legendary golfer. his dad worked at the factory. here it's all cane sugar, it's one of our big crops locally.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Jones sodas are fab. I just don't drink that much soda pop anymore. I'm trying to keep my weight down because I'm rock climbing now.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              yeah, i read the bio of ben hogan the legendary golfer. his dad worked at the factory. here it's all cane sugar, it's one of our big crops locally.
                              The same in east Texas and Louisianna. They grow sugar cane. Most the Dr. Pepper is sweetened with corn syrup because we grow a lot of corn in the US and it's cheaper. Cane sugar makes a better tasting soda pop.

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

we grow sugar, bananas, beef, milk, honey, and other exotic agronomic delights here.

mmmm.

Comment

Working...