Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Good news for Dr. Pepper fans.........

This is a nationwide limited time release like the Pepsi Throwback, and not to be confused with the Dublin Dr Pepper available only in Texas.

I've heard that this product is in distribution right now, so pick some up for the holidays and leave one out for Santa!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

We drink dublin DP in my household
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

In addition to the Dr. Pepper, it appears that the Pepsi and Mt. Dew will also get another run, and they actually have retro labels this time.....

MEMO to Coca-Cola's head office in Atlanta: Take the fucking hint already, and when you start cranking out that "Kosher Coke" for Passover, don't limit it to only the Jewish neighborhoods this time. Dump the MonSatan corn poison, double your sales within a year.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ford
          good news for dr. Pepper fans.........

this is a nationwide limited time release like the pepsi throwback, and not to be confused with the dublin dr pepper available only in texas.

I've heard that this product is in distribution right now, so pick some up for the holidays and leave one out for santa!
          fantastic!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            In addition to the Dr. Pepper, it appears that the Pepsi and Mt. Dew will also get another run, and they actually have retro labels this time.....

MEMO to Coca-Cola's head office in Atlanta: Take the fucking hint already, and when you start cranking out that "Kosher Coke" for Passover, don't limit it to only the Jewish neighborhoods this time. Dump the MonSatan corn poison, double your sales within a year.

Gotta have a rhetro-label. Even the NFL dawns the throwback jerseys!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Long as they still make Fresca, Tab, Shasta and Diet Mr. Pibb, who gives a toss about Pepsi?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                Long as they still make Fresca, Tab, Shasta and Diet Mr. Pibb, who gives a toss about Pepsi?
                Actually, if they started using Stevia to sweeten the diet drinks, they could probably make huge increases in the diet soda market.

Nutra Sweet gives me headaches and Splenda... well let's just say it causes trouble at the other end. But given the choice of Stevia or high fructose corn poison, I'd take the Stevia every time. If it was Stevia vs real sugar, at least you would have a real choice of two good products.

Oddly enough Coke, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper have all announced plans to make Stevia sweetened versions, apparently a year ago, though I missed the news at the time.....

Dr Pepper says to sell drinks w/ natural sweetener
                Thu, Dec 18 2008

* To announce launch of stevia-sweetened drinks shortly

* Shares rise 4.7 pct

NEW YORK, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc <DPS.N> said on Thursday it expects to announce the launch of low-calorie drinks made with a natural sweetener in the coming weeks, helping to send its shares up nearly 5 percent.

The move would follow similar introductions from larger rivals Coca-Cola Co <KO.N> and PepsiCo Inc <PEP.N>, which both said a day earlier they received U.S. regulatory clearance for sweeteners derived from the stevia plant.

Coke and Pepsi plan to launch new soft drinks in the coming weeks.

"We are pleased with the Food & Drug Administration's decision to approve the use of stevia in the United States," said Jim Trebilcock, a Dr Pepper Snapple marketing executive, in an email. "This important decision clears the way for food and beverage manufacturers to develop and introduce an array of naturally sweetened lower calorie choices."

"We expect to announce the launch of our first stevia-sweetened products in the coming weeks," he continued.

The sweeteners, made from the leaves of a South American shrub, will provide natural alternatives to chemical sweeteners like Equal and Splenda.

Last edited by FORD; 12-31-2009, 01:16 PM.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

All artificial sweetners are toxic to the nervous system.

It's a major step up if they're putting stevia in as an alternative.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Gotta have a rhetro-label. Even the NFL dawns the throwback jerseys!
                    not for nothin', but i believe it is "dons" jerseys
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

When is the Pepsi throwback on sale again? Mr Ally_Kat loves the stuff and I want to be able to stock up for him.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Pepsi re-release is supposed to be effective in December 09, so it should be rolling out now, as should the Dr Pepper. Though I still haven't seen any of it yet here, and we got the Throwback fairly early during the release last spring.

I would think New York should get it earlier than most, since Pepsico is based in that state.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

I can't stand Pepsi. But I loved it when it was made with real sugar. Looking forward to getting some of this.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            I can't stand Pepsi. But I loved it when it was made with real sugar. Looking forward to getting some of this.
                            I was always a Coke drinker back in the day. I took the "Pepsi challenge' and always picked Coke. But the Throwback of last summer was a return to how Pepsi used to taste. It ain't as good as the Mexican Coke, but it's better than anything currently released by Coca Cola Inc in Atlanta.

I will buy Pepsi, Dr Pepper, and Mtn Dew in the coming weeks. If Coke wants my money, they know what to do - lose the corn poison.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

The Pepsi re-release is supposed to be effective in December 09, so it should be rolling out now, as should the Dr Pepper. Though I still haven't seen any of it yet here, and we got the Throwback fairly early during the release last spring.

I would think New York should get it earlier than most, since Pepsico is based in that state.
                              If NY got it last round, I never found it. I had his family in Ohio stockpile the stuff until we drove out there in the summer.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I will be monitoring this thread because I still remember how good old Dr pepper tasted. That shit was the bomb. I will hoard the stuff if I ever get my hands on any. If anyone in the Tampa bay area sees it please keep me posted.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...