Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

COOL! It has cocaine in it?

I'm THERE.. no taurine then in these?? That's the heart-attack ingredient, right there.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now I know there are some folks out there in Roth-land that, for whatever reason, can't do sugar, whether the real kind or the Monsanto-made poison.

And I know you folks are saying "Well goddamn it FORD.... what about us diet drink lovers? Are we forever doomed to a choice between Donald Rumsfeld's Aspartame (Nutra Sweet) and the "if you use too much you will shit your pants" Splenda??

Well the answer is no. Stevia is relatively new on the mass market, though its been in health food stores for years. You can buy it in all the same formats that the other fake sweeteners come in to make your own tea and what not. Good news is that Stevia is starting to be used as a commercial ingredient now.

So without further ado, here's "Zevia" - the all natural diet drink......

ZEVIA™ IS ALL NATURAL

ZEVIA™ stevia soda is Nature's Answer To Diet Soda™. We have taken great care and spared no expense to make sure that all six ZEVIA™ stevia soda varieties contain only pure, natural ingredients.

ZEVIA™ Natural Diet Sodas contain the natural ingredients discussed below.
      cola

Ingredients Include:

* - Stevia
      * - Erythritol
      * - Natural Caramel
      * - Natural Tartaric Acid
      * - Citric Acid
      * - Kola Nut Extract
      * - Natural Caffeine
      * - Annatto
      * - Ginger Root

Stevia:

Stevia is a natural herb native to South and Central America. For centuries, native Americans of Paraguay and Brazil called it "sweet leaf" and used it to sweeten native foods. Stevia is used as a food additive in China, Japan, all of South America and in the United States. The extract from the stevia leaf has no calories, no effect on blood sugar levels, and is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar. Stevia sweetens all six ZEVIA™ Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Erythritol:

Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol found in fruits and vegetables, has no calories, and has no effect on blood sugar levels. Erythritol does not promote tooth decay. Erythritol is used in all six ZEVIA™ Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Natural Caramel:

ZEVIA™ Natural Cola and ZEVIA™ Natural Ginger Ale stevia sodas are colored with natural caramel.

Natural Tartaric Acid:

Tartaric acid occurs naturally in many plants, particularly grapes, bananas, and tamarinds, and is also found in wine. Most colas use cheap, harmful phosphoric acid for flavor. Phosphoric acid is used in fertilizers and detergents. It erodes tooth enamel and has been linked to depletion of calcium, a contributing factor in osteoporosis. Safe, natural tartaric acid enhances the zesty, tangy flavor of ZEVIA™ Natural Cola stevia soda.

Citric Acid:

Citric acid is naturally concentrated in oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, lemons and limes. This natural citric acid flavors all six ZEVIA™ Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Kola Nut Extract:

The kola nut is from a tree native to Central and Western Africa. The kola nut contains naturally occurring caffeine, as well as theobromine, a stimulating ingredient also found in chocolate and green tea. Natural kola nut extract provides the classic cola flavor in ZEVIA™ Natural Cola stevia soda.
      Natural Caffeine:

Most diet sodas use artificially produced caffeine. The natural caffeine in ZEVIA™ Natural Cola stevia soda comes from coffee, tea, and the kola nut. All five other delicious ZEVIA™ Natural Diet Soda flavors are caffeine free.

Annatto:

ZEVIA™ Natural Orange stevia soda is colored with annatto, from the achiote tree. When we were developing ZEVIA™ Natural Orange, we were told that orange color had to be artificial. But, because ZEVIA™ was to be the first truly all natural zero calorie soda, we refused to accept anything artificial for the ZEVIA™ brand. After searching, we found annatto, which is all natural and a beautiful orange.

Ginger Root:

ZEVIA™ Natural Root Beer and ZEVIA™ Natural Ginger Ale stevia sodas contain extract of ginger root. This ancient and tasty ingredient has been used by people around the world to alleviate everything from morning sickness to arthritis pain.
      I can't give a further review because I haven't tried this stuff yet, but it sounds like a winner. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before other companies who like to use the "natural" tag (Jones & Hansen's, I'm looking in your direction) drop the Splenda laxative in favor of the "Sweet Leaf"

(and they could get Ozzy to do their ads??)
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm going to start bombarding this thread with useless facts now...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Did you know that there are the equivalent of 12 sugar cubes in each can of coke?

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fanta is a Nazi drink.

When the US joined the war the German Cocoa Cola company was soon unable to get coke syrup so developed Fanta instead. Drinking Fanta is like suckling Hitler's tit!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Fanta is a Nazi drink.

When the US joined the war the German Cocoa Cola company was soon unable to get coke syrup so developed Fanta instead. Drinking Fanta is like suckling Hitler's tit!
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                I knew I had seen Black glass somehwhere !
                I think some vodkas I have seen also have
                used black glass...

You may be thinking of Blavod which was black vodka.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fanta is a Nazi drink.

Must be why its doing so well in South America. The Nazis, and their descendants, are STILL drinking it!
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Not really sure this is the most appropriate thread to put this in but here's a video that really opened my eyes.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/cMzvfJo5t_uBnghXU4JgkQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/cMzvfJo5t_uBnghXU4JgkQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Found the last 2 12's of Pepsi today. It's all gone.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        That sucks!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually it's both good news and bad news.

Bad news is you can't find it. Good news is that means the supply sold out, and Pepsi knows they can sell the stuff, which will encourage them to make more.

And since Coke sees Pepsi has a hit on their hands, how can they NOT make the switch themselves?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Fanta is a Nazi drink.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRFJURlyfzw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRFJURlyfzw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                              Supply seems to have run out here as well. Saw 4 12's of Pepsi, no Mountain Dew. Grabbed all 4 of 'em. Hopefully by the time I drink all that, there will be another batch or Coke will have theirs in the store. Otherwise it's back to hunting down the MexiCoke.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                                Good news is that means the supply sold out, and Pepsi knows they can sell the stuff, which will encourage them to make more.

And since Coke sees Pepsi has a hit on their hands, how can they NOT make the switch themselves?
                                I hope you're right. I think it's a home run. I'm not sure how much advertising Pepsi did for this because I haven't been paying attention, but to have it consumed so quickly has to open some eyes.

I can only imagine how much better a mixed drink is with the throwback..someone please tell me!

Comment

Working...