Yet Another Reason Not To Join Facebook Or Other Social Networking Sites...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Her name is Jesus Lust.....
    She dates with benefits. She's one of them unorthodoxy Christians.
    What is chan some religious Internet terrorist group?
    She does have them breastems' flied open. Maybe some Hefner or Hussler crews can ride to her assistance. Ride.. get it? teehehehehe
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• letsrock
      Veteran
      • Mar 2007

are they just doing random attacks?

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Ya wanna be relatively safe on social networking sites?

Don't post every aspect of your life there!!
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• letsrock
          Veteran
          • Mar 2007

Thats true some people are addicted to the Facebook thing. Me and the X use it as a way to trade pics of the kids. We can look at the album and decide what pics we want to download to our computer. Makes it nice that way.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

It certainly sounds like Michael benefitted from joining Facebook.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I'm sorry, but that's a douchebag thing to do to a group of people who don't bother anyone.

The only way I can see it justified if they're in the vein of Katydid and they're asking for it like she was.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

From the information I gathered after the fact of Katydid, Katydid has all the red-flags of an "operation" of such type crew.
                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by standin
                  It significantly drops facebook's credibility, even more.
                  Oh, PLU-EEZ! Since when does any social networking site have credibility? Sure, they may be a viable source to stay in touch with your immediate family, relatives or re-acquainting yourself with old high school fuck up friends but these places really serve as nothing more than being targeting demographics for advertisers and large corporations. Just how much money do you think Google rakes in on selling this information to the suits on Madison Ave from pop culture to food all by what millions of people say about their mundane lives freely on these sites? From MyWaste to FaceCrook - they are a questionnaire's wet dream of all sorts of data willfully given (whether you keep you lame profile private or not) by a bandwagon populace to stupid to know any better.

Comment

• standin
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2009

I agree to some extent. However, certain sites (that I am member of) do check the credentials of their members. You would be amazed at what just the minimal follow up can do. When Facebook excluded everyone that did not have a school account, it had some accountability. But, I didn't use it back then (nor do I really use it much now) it is a good place to organize to an extent ... well, it is kinda like a modern day news letter now.
                    And credibility only is as good as verifiable background of an identity.
                    Any mass grouping is subject to credibility issues. That why due diligence is necessary when dealing with crowds. It is just simply to what extent.
                    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by standin
                      However, certain sites (that I am member of) do check the credentials of their members.

That doesn't matter. No matter what information, how much or how little given over the internet is being processed by someone mostly for demographic/advertising means and the rest? Who knows? As Facebook is the MySpace of 2006 Google is the Big Brother of 1984. Read #10:

25 Surprising Things That Google Knows About You by e-Justice Blog

Comment

• standin
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2009

That is all true. But not only with google.

Say for instance you down load a toolbar (Michael Jackson/Joe jackson/Sony) , a game WoW, a enhanced video viewing gadget(Fox) who ever has access to that program or system is in. Or even social engineering, I like what was written in the Roth Journal. If a spy ware or other program is not used much by the general population it is not picked up by average security programs. Or worse, if the security system you happen to "guess it will work OK" has a conflict of ethical issues that computer is victim.

IMO, these and other security, crime related and predator potentials should have been addressed before the web was unyielded.
                        If your computer is connected to the net. It is vulnerable. But if you go outside your home or bring anything inside your home there is a vulnerability. Difference is there, most places have laws to protect.

There is no FDA for computer programs.

Most people do not have to deal with this, occasionally (OK regularly) a person might pick up a stalker. But generally those stalkers use open source spyware or hack tools that are caught by average security. But everybody does have to deal with an unethical large business or entity.

It is naive to think that the net will regulate itself. I myself, want predators caught and prosecuted.
                        Moreover, by people accountable for their actions.
                        Last edited by standin; 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM.
                        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                          I'm sorry, but that's a douchebag thing to do to a group of people who don't bother anyone.

The only way I can see it justified if they're in the vein of Katydid and they're asking for it like she was.
                          Except nobody wants to enjoy Katydid's "other pussy".
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I can't wait to see ELVIS's page!

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Except nobody wants to enjoy Katydid's "other pussy".
                              What other pussy? She has two? Oh, wait, you're talking about her kitty cat... yeah, I guess noone would want to enjoy her cat. Why would they?

Neither her pussy, by the way. How could you even think such a thing, Ford? Sick puppy!

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                That doesn't matter. No matter what information, how much or how little given over the internet is being processed by someone mostly for demographic/advertising means and the rest? Who knows? As Facebook is the MySpace of 2006 Google is the Big Brother of 1984. Read #10:

25 Surprising Things That Google Knows About Youbye-Justice Blog
                                That's why you use the least possible Google apps, and if you do at least use GMail - it's so good you really do have to use it. I mean, look at the other choices. Hotmail? No thanks - you have a Google account, where you can - allegedly - turn off your browsing history.

But yeah, don't go crazy on Google. Use it for search, and GMail. Nothing else. No purchases, no Google Answers, no browser, no desktop, etc... who needs that stuff anyway?

And for someone to really be "surprised" that Google knows info about them AFTER typing it in, is, well... stupid...

It's just like signing the hotel registry and then be surprised that they know your name!

Cheers! :bottle:
                                Last edited by Anonymous; 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...