Yet Another Reason Not To Join Facebook Or Other Social Networking Sites...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't use any of these social networking sites, and don't have any desire to ever do so! Fuck Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter in the ass with a thorn riddled dildo!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
      I don't use any of these social networking sites, and don't have any desire to ever do so! Fuck Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter in the ass with a thorn riddled dildo!
      Me too. I hang out at sites that revolve around something I'm interested in like classic Van Halen, guitars, restoring old cars, airplanes, boats, ect... Over the years I've gotten a lot of good information for cheap off the internet and if you are trying to restore an antique car, it's invaluable for information and parts.

Shitter, Fuck Book, Myuglyface are such masturbation wastes of time. It looks like they have replaced the bathroom wall scriblings.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I tell ya. A big solar flare could take out our satalites and power grid and frankly most of society couldn't handle it. They would lose their fricken little minds with no text messaging, cell phone, computer, and electrically ran stuff. They would sit in the dark and cry like little babies.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
          The interesting question is: are we giving up on our freedom of speech and sociality when we have to censor our photos etc. because of pedophiles and nutheads? Did they win, somehow?

I think it's more a matter of choice - why not send our kid photos to our friends by private e-mail instead of Facebook, if we want to do that. Common sense, I guess it would be.
          Actually a former college roomate of mine works for the FBI. He told me people just spill their guts on the internet and it makes their job much easier. Where they used to have to do a lot of investigation now is totaly readable and easily available. The can easily track the account back to where you are and if you are using wireless, the devices now have GPS locators and they can turn the microphone on. So high tech devices aren't what you want to say something stupid on. In fact, you will throw the powers that be for a bigger loop by going low tech.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

If you look at consumer electronic devices these days they all have to meet certain certifications. Part of this certification is the device is designed to where it can be used to track and listen in on the user. They busted a kid several years ago in the middle of nowhere in Nevada by GPS locating him with his cell phone. The idiot was exploding bombs around the country. Since cell phones are putting pay phone out of business, everything will soon be traceable. No more making calls from a remote pay phone like the old phone freakers used to do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The powers that be also want to get rid of cash. Cash empowers people and it's hard to trace. They want you to use a card. It's tracable, they can charge you fees and/or interest. They can shut off your source of money to punish you. They can if you have access to cash. They also can tax everything because accounts leaves a trail, cash is hard to follow.

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

Wow!
                What a lot of disinformation there, Nit
                But you go boy.
                Yes, it is that big and scary,
                You know, you should use comic-books as a trading commodity, it is even less traceable than cash and easier to put back on the market to buy more time on WoW.
                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I tell ya. A big solar flare could take out our satalites and power grid and frankly most of society couldn't handle it. They would lose their fricken little minds with no text messaging, cell phone, computer, and electrically ran stuff. They would sit in the dark and cry like little babies.
                  What will they be able to do when they can't get online and bitch about their favorite band from the late 70s and early 80s!

pic unrelated

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by standin
                    Wow!
                    What a lot of disinformation there, Nit
                    But you go boy.
                    Yes, it is that big and scary,
                    You know, you should use comic-books as a trading commodity, it is even less traceable than cash and easier to put back on the market to buy more time on WoW.
                    The original Spiderman issue probably will hold it's value longer than the US Dollar will. So you might have a point there. The key is to have the right comic books.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Did they win, somehow?
                      kinda sorta..

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Yes.

Facebook is mostly for killing time with silly and pointless cuntversations.
                        I wonder what other place reminds me of that.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Oh, PLU-EEZ! Since when does any social networking site have credibility? Sure, they may be a viable source to stay in touch with your immediate family, relatives or re-acquainting yourself with old high school fuck up friends but these places really serve as nothing more than being targeting demographics for advertisers and large corporations. Just how much money do you think Google rakes in on selling this information to the suits on Madison Ave from pop culture to food all by what millions of people say about their mundane lives freely on these sites? From MyWaste to FaceCrook - they are a questionnaire's wet dream of all sorts of data willfully given (whether you keep you lame profile private or not) by a bandwagon populace to stupid to know any better.
                          I am totally friending you on fb
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            I wonder what other place reminds me of that.
                            MySpace? Hi5? Tube8? Wait, you can't mean... nah... are you serious? What, VHLinks?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Isaac R.
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Dec 2006

/b/tards

The "Time" hack was Epic...I'll give em that.

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Exactly, exactly! Hell, just a few weeks ago Twitter went down for several hours and there were news reports of people having Twitter withdrawals because they couldn't keep track of Ashton Kutcher taking his daily shit and running out of toilet paper. Modern conveniences and luxury items are creating a society full of spoiled little pussies that, like you said, wouldn't survive a few hours in the event of a worldwide catastrophe that permanently took away said items.

The internet could be gone tomorrow and I would be just fine without it. I can remember when there were no cell phones or internet and computers were well out of my family's price range, so I did without that, too. I survived just fine without all those conveniences, and I actually miss those days before all this modern technology, sometimes. Life was so much simpler back then.

Comment

Working...