• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    We know there was no Roman census in those times
    Yes there was...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There absofuckinglutely wasn't in the form and at the time decribed in the bible.
      Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-22-2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

testy testy...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Forgive me.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You are forgivin. Now go and sin no more...

Comment

• Jesus Christ
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              You are forgivin. Now go and sin no more...
              Quit stealing My lines, Gregory! Besides ye knoweth that only God can forgive sin. And ye are not Us.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've always thought it was very appropriate that Jesus was an alias here, especially at a site for fans of a lapsed jew.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  Verily I say unto thee Matthew, that who is a jackass, but he who denies Me before man, and the same shall I deny before My Father.
                  Funny, Jesus never once claimed to be the Son of God (but almost 90 times said he was the son of MAN), but this alias can't stop saying he is the Son of God.

Sounds like your typical religious nut to me.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Stop it you guys!!!! That is the real Jesus posting and I'll warn you all to stop blaspheming in here only once.

Forgive them Lord they know not what they do.
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      Funny, Jesus never once claimed to be the Son of God (but almost 90 times said he was the son of MAN), but this alias can't stop saying he is the Son of God.

Sounds like your typical religious nut to me.
                      Actually, He did say He was the Son of God....

John 14:6-9 (The Message)

6-7 Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"

8 Philip said, "Master, show us the Father; then we'll be content."

9-10 "You've been with me all this time, Philip, and you still don't understand? To see me is to see the Father. So how can you ask, 'Where is the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you aren't mere words. I don't just make them up on my own. The Father who resides in me crafts each word into a divine act.
                      John 6:37-40 (The Message)

35-38 Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever. I have told you this explicitly because even though you have seen me in action, you don't really believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don't let go. I came down from heaven not to follow my own whim but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me.

39-40 "This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed—not a single detail missed—and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole. This is what my Father wants: that anyone who sees the Son and trusts who he is and what he does and then aligns with him will enter real life, eternal life. My part is to put them on their feet alive and whole at the completion of time."
                      John 10:24-30 (The Message)

22-24 They were celebrating Hanukkah just then in Jerusalem. It was winter. Jesus was strolling in the Temple across Solomon's Porch. The Jews, circling him, said, "How long are you going to keep us guessing? If you're the Messiah, tell us straight out."

25-30 Jesus answered, "I told you, but you don't believe. Everything I have done has been authorized by my Father, actions that speak louder than words. You don't believe because you're not my sheep. My sheep recognize my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them real and eternal life. They are protected from the Destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand. The Father who put them under my care is so much greater than the Destroyer and Thief. No one could ever get them away from him. I and the Father are one."
                      Matthew 16:15-17 (The Message)

15 He pressed them, "And how about you? Who do you say I am?"

16 Simon Peter said, "You're the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

17-18 Jesus came back, "God bless you, Simon, son of Jonah! You didn't get that answer out of books or from teachers. My Father in heaven, God himself, let you in on this secret of who I really am. And now I'm going to tell you who you are, really are. You are Peter, a rock. This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out.
                      Matthew 26:63-64 (The Message)

63 Jesus kept silent.

Then the Chief Priest said, "I command you by the authority of the living God to say if you are the Messiah, the Son of God."

64 Jesus was curt: "You yourself said it. And that's not all. Soon you'll see it for yourself:

The Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Mighty One,
                      Arriving on the clouds of heaven."
                      Luke 22:70 (The Message)

70 They all said, "So you admit your claim to be the Son of God?"

"You're the ones who keep saying it," he said.
                      John 10:36-38 (The Message)

34-38 Jesus said, "I'm only quoting your inspired Scriptures, where God said, 'I tell you—you are gods.' If God called your ancestors 'gods'—and Scripture doesn't lie—why do you yell, 'Blasphemer! Blasphemer!' at the unique One the Father consecrated and sent into the world, just because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? If I don't do the things my Father does, well and good; don't believe me. But if I am doing them, put aside for a moment what you hear me say about myself and just take the evidence of the actions that are right before your eyes. Then perhaps things will come together for you, and you'll see that not only are we doing the same thing, we are the same—Father and Son. He is in me; I am in him."
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

At least softcock is smart enough to check scripture before making his point...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

A religion is an organization that exploits people's fear of the unknown. Amazingly cash donations and total faith in the church leadership always seem to get you in better with god.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ace diamond
                            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            US Federal law has not jurisdiction on the Res....right?
                            wrong.
                            only a federal marshall can set foot on a reservation.
                            but before the federal marshall can do so, a federal court order is required, and it must be signed by the president of the united states.
                            other wise, federal lawman is trespassing on the soveriegn land and can himself be arrested and imprisoned by the tribe.
                            also, before a federal marshall crosses into the reservation, the tribal leaders must be notified no less than a month in advance.
                            the us government is required to wait 30 days so as to allow tribal leaders and tribal police to deal with the issue first.

if, after the tribal leaders meet, they decide not to honor the federal court order, the marshal cannot do a damn thing about it.
                            if he tries to enter the reservation to enforce it, he can be arrested for trespassing on soveriegn land, and some tribe will just shoot you on the spot.
                            others will arrest you.
                            some will just act like they are not even there.
                            and still some tribes will just take refuge and hide until they leave,
                            so by the time the marshalls reach the village or tribal hq, no one is there.

the marshalls get thwarted and opposed in most cases.
                            simply because on the reservation, everyone knows the marshalls cannot do a damn thing about anything.
                            their legal authority is often not recognised, and is often laughed at openly.
                            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                              The State vs. soverignty issue came to a big bad lawsuit in Buffalo challenging the New York's intrusive stance on collecting taxes on Cigarettes and gas sold on reservations. I'm not sure how it was resolved, but it was an extremely interesting case involving original documents from 100 plus year old treaties.
                              in the 1970's, the seneca nation responded by taking earthmovers and bulldozers and shutting down both sides the new york state throughway at the seneca reservation boundaries, both ends.
                              the government eventually backed down.
                              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by jesus christ
                                verily i say unto thee matthew, that who is a jackass, but he who denies me before man, and the same shall i deny before my father.

stfu!

Comment

Working...