X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Not if he lived past 33 AD. And there is just as much evidence that he survived the crucifixion or had a stand-in as there is evidence that he actually died that day.

And as for the creationism thang, the Pope recently stated that there is NO conflict between Religion and Science, as Science is the study of the physical Universe, which was created by God.

But then I have gone on and on and on about this rubbish. I shutteth mine piehole about it now.
    Science at it's best is nothing more than observation. It tends to be the most accurate in things that are easy to measure and repeat with constant results. Once you add in variables it becomes less accurate. Conventional science starts to fall apart when you get into geophysics because then you get into the space-time, time-space, and relativity aspect of the model. So what is true for a certain time or space may not be true for a different time and space. Like a photon. It's either a particle or a wave depending on the situation it's in. So when you start talking creationism and universes, you are in a whole different realm than just trying to make a physical observation here on planet earth.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It always cracks me up when people say we need to save the planet when we actually know very little about the planet and can't even take care of ourselves yet. Then when they say we need to tax you more and regulate you more to save the planet and the people behind the science grants are energy companies, you go oh shit. This is like a new religion but instead of the great wrathful god getting angry unless I pay the priest some money we will all die if we don't pay our carbon taxes. I'm amazed at how many people who make fun of religion fall for the same shit when it's cloaked in the name of science. It's all about scaring people into giving you something. It's been practiced by con men for thousands of years. The biggest con men on the planet are energy executives and bankers. I don't think we are as sophisticated as we think we are.

I mean all this shit is driven by fear. The left and the right are both equally stupid. The right fear a manmade God and the left fear some cooked up save the planet shit. Con artists yank the chains of both but one side always thinks they are more enlightened than the other. It's just entertaining as hell to watch the ants argue as their whole society circles the drain. If anything, the universe is harsh on the stupid.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Not if he lived past 33 AD. And there is just as much evidence that he survived the crucifixion or had a stand-in as there is evidence that he actually died that day.

And as for the creationism thang, the Pope recently stated that there is NO conflict between Religion and Science, as Science is the study of the physical Universe, which was created by God.

But then I have gone on and on and on about this rubbish. I shutteth mine piehole about it now.
        I really just wanted to stay on the time baseline. There are some important dates prior to 0(zero) like during the Babylonian invasion of Jerusalem in 586 BC The Ark of the Covenant disappeared from the Jewish Temple.

How's does someone or anyone determine 586 BC?

Hows does any comparative narrative of the original question miss the point when this what we see daily:

Babies Starved and Beaten, Cling To Life In Little Rock Hospital

FORT SMITH, Ark. - Fort Smith investigators say a dozen dogs inside a north side home were well fed, but a baby they rescued was little more than skin and bones. Another infant showed signs of abuse.

We want to warn you that some of the photos with this story are very graphic and not appropriate for children.

Officers at the Fort Smith Police Department have seen many things, but this is one of the worst cases. Most of them have young children themselves, and this case challenged them to set their personal feelings aside and do their jobs as professionals.

“These children can't fend for themselves,” Captain Jarrard Copeland told 5NEWS.

Officers discovered two babies they say were severely neglected. One of them was grossly malnourished.
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

So that shuts up creationist catholics...does nothing for the inbred masses of baptist and other more fundaMENTAList sects that don't even believe catholics are "christians"...They'll still want that BS pawned off as fact.

And to Nyquil who stated evolution is also a theory...that may be true, but at least THAT theory has MOUNTAINS of evidence to support it, not a bunch of guys named Cletus goin' "Nuh-uh, the BIIIIIIIIAHBLE says so!"
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I hate to say it and I'm not a fan of it but some children would be better off if they were aborted.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I hate to say it and I'm not a fan of it but some children would be better off if they were aborted.
              Truth hurts.
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I just want to know if God can help Van Halen finish the new freaking record!!!!! I mean come on, if He made the whole universe in 6 days surely he can tell them to pick up the pace!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  So that shuts up creationist catholics...does nothing for the inbred masses of baptist and other more fundaMENTAList sects that don't even believe catholics are "christians"...They'll still want that BS pawned off as fact.

And to Nyquil who stated evolution is also a theory...that may be true, but at least THAT theory has MOUNTAINS of evidence to support it, not a bunch of guys named Cletus goin' "Nuh-uh, the BIIIIIIIIAHBLE says so!"
                  Yeah but you are stereotyping a group of people. This is not a new problem. When they were putting the US together the founding fathers couldn't agree on various issues so they decided to have the states have most the legal authority and just make the federal government in charge of foreign policy, interstate commerce, and national security.

What I'm getting at is we can't solve all these social differences on the national level because different groups in the country differ on so many things. So live in the area of the country you are most comfortable with. If you don't like baptists, don't live in the bible belt and if you don't like gays and liberals stay out of San Fransisco. Trying to make everyone equal to one standard just isn't going to work so we need to put the social issues back where they belong in the local governments and keep the federal government out of it.

This is a diverse country so live where you are the most comfortable.

Move where you want to live. I just don't get why people live in places they don't like to live for years. Sometimes you get stuck short-term for a job or school but long-term you have control to live where you want to live and you will be much more happier. It's easier to move than change they dynamic of the status quo of an area. If the majority of people think a certain way, you are stuck in that paradigm.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    I just want to know if God can help Van Halen finish the new freaking record!!!!! I mean come on, if He made the whole universe in 6 days surely he can tell them to pick up the pace!
                    Sadly God only helps those who help themselves. Do you really think Eddie and Alex can help themselves? I think God just said fuck it! I'm tired of babysitting you fucks. You are here to learn and all you do is sit around 5150 smoking cigarettes and being angry at the world.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Yeah but you are stereotyping a group of people.

No, I merely stated the fact that there are those that do not consider the Pope the absolute authority as far as all things Christian (or even a Christian in the 1st place), so there will automatically be a bunch of other sects that will dismiss that statement outright. That's not stereotyping - again, that's a statement of FACT.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Ark Of The Covenant disappearred in the 8th century BC actually.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          Trust Me, We're trying!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Don't be ridiculous, My son.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                              No, I merely stated the fact that there are those that do not consider the Pope the absolute authority as far as all things Christian (or even a Christian in the 1st place), so there will automatically be a bunch of other sects that will dismiss that statement outright. That's not stereotyping - again, that's a statement of FACT.
                              I didn't mean the recognition of the pope. I meant the stereotype that baptists in general are halfwitted, chicken screwing, cousin marrying, third grade educated, guys named Cletus. I had a boss at Hewlett-Packard that hated anyone from the south period. He was a San Fransisco Bay liberal. He would start going off on the whole stereotype shit and it just got old. If anything he was as bad as the people he was criticizing. And yes those southern accents sound half witted but there were some very good engineers and programmers out of the bible belt and yes some of them were active baptists. They probably would catch shit from the wife, and the family if they became anything else. Most people stay in the religion they were born into because they don't want to catch shit from the family or it's just easier to go with the flow. I really don't think most people think about their religion too deeply to be honest. It's more of a family/social matrix than actual belief.
                              Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Hey, I have one of those half-witted southern accents!

I live in the south and was brought up in a Southern Baptist church. Most of the sterotypes are pretty close to the mark - Southern Baptists despise cursing, drinking (smoking's ok though), gambling, dancing and as recently as 25 years ago still frowned on pretty much all secular music. And man am I grateful for that - otherwise we wouldn't have drive-thru beer stores all over the place where you can grab your beer without running into your Sunday School teacher!
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...