X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Say what you will, but that was one very interesting conversation IMO....
    Very true.
    The sammymath factor still is disturbing.
    Even though he's a calculated businessman, I wonder if all of his figures across the board are inflated. He can't not know the Roth albums sold more.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      Stern is a hypocritical asskisser...disgusting...
      He was brutal on Hagar in the 2002 interview with Dave and Sam. That was a classic.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
        He was brutal on Hagar in the 2002 interview with Dave and Sam. That was a classic.
        he's been brutal against hagar all the years and now he's crawling all the way up into hagar's tequila farting ass...starting off with a hit against dave being bold in the first sentence...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Good interview.

It's telling that Stern hits him at the start with a really good question asking how he could make millions from selling booze when it destroyed his Dad and Van Halen and Hagar doesn't even understand the question.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            <object width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://glenrock.patch.com:/swf/external_video_player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars" value="flv_url=http://o1.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/1ceaf05f7d6bf479f728d5f2dd653e0/video.flv&amp;video_url=http://glenrock.patch.com/articles/ex-van-halen-frontman-blows-roof-off-bookstore#video-5277026&amp;publication_url=http://glenrock.patch.com&amp;twitter_status=http://patch.com/A-fRbz+v-R91B&amp;auto_play=false&amp;full_screen=true"><em bed src="http://glenrock.patch.com:/swf/external_video_player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="flv_url=http://o1.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/1ceaf05f7d6bf479f728d5f2dd653e0/video.flv&amp;video_url=http://glenrock.patch.com/articles/ex-van-halen-frontman-blows-roof-off-bookstore#video-5277026&amp;publication_url=http://glenrock.patch.com&amp;twitter_status=http://patch.com/A-fRbz+v-R91B&amp;auto_play=false&amp;full_screen=true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>
            Why is it that Sammy Hagar fans are so much less attractive than DLR Army posters?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

I'll give him this much: I'm confident I won't see the sisters at a book signing and meeting fans in my lifetime....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

I want the last nine minutes of my life back. That is as far as I could take it.
                This space for rent.

Comment

• bluemustard
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

Saying you got a cure for cancer sux but saying you saw aliens and ghosts is also a bullshit thing to say.I mean..it would be cool if there really was an afterlife or aliens.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    What speaks to me is that Dave's venom, if you can call it that, toward Sammy has been sporadic and low key. Dave's book didn't speak to what a prick Sammy is.
                    Sammy, on the other hand, has always displayed a lot of venom toward Dave. From the jump, he didn't even know Dave yet insisted on publicy insulting him and holding up signs at concerts during the 5150 era. I can't blame him for taking the brothers' side considering they were employing him but the way he went about it didn't sit well with me. He has eased up somewhat over the years but he is still pretty juvenile about the matter. His "go tell it on the mountain" style of pleading his case is now ironically amusing. It would seem pretty logical in the aftermath of Van Hagar that Sam could see that maybe the brothers were the actual problem and Dave got a raw deal. Instead, it seems that he reasons Dave's departure was deserved but his own departure was a victimization. Sammy just comes across as a big crybaby who can't get out of his own way.
                    Hagar seems to buy into the propagated myth that he made Van Halen a more successful band when he joined it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Nobody who grew a tequila business from scratch is getting the sales numbers wrong mistakedly. You have to know the numbers in business period. He's intentionally lying because he knows his fans aren't going to check the stats.

And the bit about VH being more complex with him over the Roth period. That's just silly.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2004

Sammy Hagar says abducted by aliens

"Red" rocker Sammy Hagar says abducted by aliens

Link
                        Or, at least, his brain was.

In an interview for his new book, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock" at mtvhive.com, Hagar lets go of what even he admits might make him "sound like a crazy person" to some readers.

He and the reporter are talking about dreams he claims to have had about UFOs, and when asked whether he believed he had been abducted, Hagar answers: "I think I have."

The reporter seemed surprised. "What? Really? I was kidding. You seriously believe that?" he asks.

Hagar laughs and goes on to explain that a passage in the book described as a dream in which he is contacted by aliens from outer space in California was, in fact, reality.

The tale describes how the beings tapped into his mind through a wireless connection.

"It was real," Hagar told the reporter, according to the story on MTV's Hive website. "They were plugged into me. It was a download situation ... Or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment."

Hagar goes on to describe another experience at the age of four where he believes he saw an alien space ship in broad daylight hovering over a country field where his family lived.

The rock guitarist and vocalist is no stranger to wild times. He was a part of several bands, including Montrose, during the "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" era of the 1970s and 1980s, and during its heyday Van Halen was among the biggest acts in rock music.

In his book and in the interview with MTV's Hive, Hagar lets the stories fly on the sex and drugs he did during those years, and he even has a few not-so-nice things to say about another Van Halen lead singer, David Lee Roth, whom Hagar replaced in 1985.

The full interview can be read at http://www.mtvhive.com.

(Editing by Jill Serjeant)

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I knew the guy was delusional but come on. What, did they anal probe him for his talent and found none? Either way, I don't believe a single word that ever came from his tequila-sipping greasy FAT mouth and I don't believe this. Hagar has always been one of rock's most attention-seeking whores in terms of his inability to gather that no one cares about his life no matter how desperate he is to make it more interesting then it is not (if that made sense). He sold out Alex and Eddie to Pepsi, makes shit tequila, runs one of the worst service dives in Vegas and now refuses to accept his Chickencrap outfit was a major rock 'n' roll failure. So...bad words about Roth? Wow, Sammy, just wow. How original and unforetelling. Roth may have been a ego-tripper himself but at least he could pull it off with providing ENTERTAINMENT whereas you're like the kid in gym class to scare to climb the rope afraid that your peers might see that your mother still sews your name in your underwear. So you grab the rope and feign an excuse like you have been doing your whole miserable existence. Fuck you, Sammy. Fuck you with a big rubber dick and then break it in two and beat yourself to death with it.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

too much tequila and acid.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                              too much tequila and acid.
                              ... and
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

man...I guess we did run all the jokes to death about Hagar's anal experience with the aliens...
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...