X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

From the BLABBERMOUTH comments section:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Sammy Hagar!?? in PanterA?!?! you kiddin me ?!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha good one Sammy......was this the same time you were adbucted by aliens in a California wine vineyard?

Geez, this guy is more loopy than a Six Flags ride....

Sammy Hagar as frontman for Pantera would have been rejected by their fans faster than a scurvy baboon heart.

Hasn't this asshole ruined enough bands?

I wholeheartedly believe Sammy when he says he was asked to join Pantera for drinks or dinner.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Sixx's Perspective: Nikki Sixx, 'This Is Gonna Hurt: Music, Photography, and Life Through the Distorted Lens of Nikki Sixx,' at Barnes & Noble

You express love for Motley Crue, but you also voice some criticisms.

I don't feel I crossed any lines that, as a fan, I'd be upset with. Sammy Hagar wrote a [critical] book ["Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock"], and, honestly, I'm very disappointed in Sammy, and it bums me out to even want to hear Van Halen. I'm a positive fan, and I have a hard time listening to Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing now.
      Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 05-04-2011, 02:00 PM.
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

I'm a positive fan, and I have a hard time listening to Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing...

Better late than never, I suppose. Welcome to the party, Nikki. Some of us have been propping up a bar stool there since the mid-eighties.
        Last edited by chefcraig; 05-04-2011, 02:12 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Christ what a fucking loser.

Pantera?

BULLSHIT!

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Something I only just now realized about The Fat One.....

This fucking fat fool has the audacity to say in his book he was waiting to be asked to join Led Zeppelin so he could turn it down?

The poster boy for the Cheezeburger Generation is delusional at best. Doesn't matter WHY he said he would have turned it down.

Just that he is such a self-important ass-klown with delusions of godhood that it even entered into his mind that somehow the guys in Led Zep would even cuntsider him for more than a tenth of a second?

That is a fucking joke.

The aliens inserted an anal probe into him and messed his mind up.

Worthless piece of fucking shit.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

This is why no one takes him seriously. Well, except the people who are as mental as he is.
                I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Led Zeppelin in the late 70's.

Then you have Sammy Hagar around the same time.
                    Sammy Hagar 1978 Midnight Special. I am not associated in any way with Star Trek, CBS, NBC, ABC, E!, CNN, FOX, FX, World Wide Pants or MTV Studios , Comedy C...

Yeah right they were going to call him up. The only reason Led Zep would call Sam is if they needed a gimp to abuse backstage.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-12-2011, 04:40 AM.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Cato
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      !!!

I thought ELVIS returned
                      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Jimmy says that he cleaned out the vault in 03 putting together the Led Zeppelin dvd, but I'm still holding out for an entire cleaned up Knebworth show.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Jimmy says that he cleaned out the vault in 03 putting together the Led Zeppelin dvd, but I'm still holding out for an entire cleaned up Knebworth show.
                          Although there have been some pretty good looking bootlegs of both Knebworth shows over the years, neither performance is very good. This is proven by the fact that even with 2 shows taped (and about 44 songs to choose from, with "Heartbreaker" replaced the following week by "Communication Breakdown"), only 7 tunes made it to the official DVD. And even then, the playing is erratic and truly unfocused in places. Page at times appears lost in space, Plant looks terribly uncomfortable throughout, and seems to have no idea where and when to sing in the revamped version of "Whole Lotta Love", even though the arrangement dates back to sometime in 1975.

It is also interesting to note that several shows were professionally recorded for the ill-fated 1977 tour, but none of this footage (save for a brief clip of "The Song Remains The Same" included in one of the menus) appears on the DVD. Again, this can attributed to the band's on again/off again playing due to the substance abuse of various members, which renders many recordings of the tour virtually unlistenable. And forget about the 1980 "Over Europe Tour", which by all accounts was a complete disaster.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2006

I hear ya Chef, I believe the 77 shows were Seattle maybe Alabama. I use to have a copy of one of those Knebworth shows on VHS. Although you are right about the playing, the setlist was extensive.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2006

How about the Earls Court shows in 75? I haven't seen an entire boot, only the stuff from the Zep dvd. I know this is the time Page began his heroin phase. I agree, the 77 shows were a mess.

Comment

• Carloscda
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                Although there have been some pretty good looking bootlegs of both Knebworth shows over the years, neither performance is very good. This is proven by the fact that even with 2 shows taped (and about 44 songs to choose from, with "Heartbreaker" replaced the following week by "Communication Breakdown"), only 7 tunes made it to the official DVD. And even then, the playing is erratic and truly unfocused in places. Page at times appears lost in space, Plant looks terribly uncomfortable throughout, and seems to have no idea where and when to sing in the revamped version of "Whole Lotta Love", even though the arrangement dates back to sometime in 1975.

It is also interesting to note that several shows were professionally recorded for the ill-fated 1977 tour, but none of this footage (save for a brief clip of "The Song Remains The Same" included in one of the menus) appears on the DVD. Again, this can attributed to the band's on again/off again playing due to the substance abuse of various members, which renders many recordings of the tour virtually unlistenable. And forget about the 1980 "Over Europe Tour", which by all accounts was a complete disaster.
                                Wow.. alot of people have slammed Dave throughout the yrs about his singing & Ed's playing especially the US Fest but you seldomly hear about other bands....

Comment

Working...