1947 Roswell UFO Crash Blamed On Russians, Not Aliens - Stalin, Mengele Mentioned Too

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Surely Roth fans should be dismissive of all alien sightings as that is the opposite of Sammy Hagar.
    what sesh said.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

I don't have that much of an issue with folks that claim to have seen something out of the ordinary floating in the sky. Big deal, it's a given that many people (including myself) have seen something up there and had no frame of reference to relate it to. What drives me bat-shit is the percentage of people that attach some sort of weird significance to it, which usually winds up with them recounting stories that involve themselves as a variation on the Richard Dreyfuss character from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Next thing you know, they are writing books and appearing on talk shows, magically creating a cottage industry from their "experience". What's even worse is the fact that there are people out there willing to buy into this sort of unsubstantiated baloney.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I thought I saw a UFO once when I was a kid as did enough people to make the local newspaper.

Turned out it was an unusually low bright Venus.

As you say there is nothing wrong with wondering what something in the sky is, it's a different thing to claim an alien stuck a probe in your tequila addled ass hole.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

It does make for some creative fiction, both good and bad. On the plus side, you get H. G. Wells' War Of The Worlds, Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles and a couple of episodes of the original Twilight Zone. On the negative side of things, you get just about everything else, which seem to have filtered down from the above mentioned examples.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I thought I might have seen a UFO when I was a kid. Couldn't swear to it, didn't see any aliens, and nobody abducted me, downloaded my brain or probed my ass, but there was something with lights that didn't look like an airplane or a helicopter. Seem to remember the electricity blinking on and off while this was taking place too, and it wasn't during any bad weather.

Maybe it was aliens, maybe not, but if not, I'm not sure what it was. But I think it's ludicrous to believe that out of the billions of planets out there, only one has "intelligent life" on it. (and even the intelligence of the life on this planet is questionable some times)
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SilvioDante
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

My dad was stationed at Walker AFB in Roswell between 1962 - 1966 and he told me he never saw or heard of any aliens. I believe the tourist attraction angle. I've been to Roswell. Outside the Goddard Museum there ain't nuthin' there. Walker closed a couple years after my dad go out then the place turned into a ghost town.
                "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

We used to have sonic booms quite often when I was a kid and it would shake the house and rattle the dishes in the cupboards. You never saw the plane and it seemed to come from high above. Years later I learned it was the SR-71 coming out of Beale Air Force base topping up with from a tanker and going supersonic above Idaho after it's tanks were topped off.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-29-2011, 12:47 AM.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I always enjoy going out on a clear, moonless, winter night in the middle of the wilderness and looking at the stars. I imagine when you are on the dark side of the moon looking out into space the view must be fabulous.

I've never seen any aliens but it irritates the hell out of me when the room starts lighting up like the noon day sun and that fucking Moroni appears in our bedroom waking me up and depriving me of sleep.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-29-2011, 12:54 AM.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I always enjoy going out on a clear, moonless, winter night in the middle of the wilderness and looking at the stars. I imagine when you are on the dark side of the moon looking out into space the view must be fabulous.
                      You haven't done this?

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Sesh, seen the CL final yesterday?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah it was on in the background. I was surprised at how pissed off Ferguson was at the end.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Jeez..

Around 400 million people around the world were expected to watch the game live, making it the biggest single sporting event in history.
                            Overall the final was worth a record £320m, according to a study commissioned by sponsors MasterCard.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

i like laying back, looking at our milky way sprawling overhead in all of its majesty and making gravity disappear.. the realization that you're looking OUT.... not up. whoooaaa

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express

Everyone knows about Janet airways into Area 51. The size of the facility and the number of planes they have, thousands of people have to be working there.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...