X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    I tried that place in an airport (Chicago, IIRC) and thought it was way overrated too...
    Yeah, one of those was announced locally after a three month campaign of hype and hullabaloo late last fall. After several delays, it opened to long lines for about the first 3-4 days, then once word got out how average it really was, you could walk in anytime (including lunch) and get served and leave in about a minute. The fries are about the only reason to go, but come on, who goes to a hamburger joint because the fries are the only selling point?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Strongly disagree. 5 guys is well above average. I guess you have to want that style of burger, but it's awesome.
      Anyone live near a Char-Hut? Amazing..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

The 5 Guys is near me, over in the Fountains mall. Maybe it's the location, perhaps the management, but even dreaded old Fuddrucker's was better, at least to me. Coincidentally, there is a Char Hut on University Drive about 3 miles north in Sunrise, and has been around for at least 25 years. You are correct, still as good as it was when it opened. But the less said about the Primanti Brothers located in between, the better.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I loved Fuddruckers in the 1990's - but the last one I was at was just shit. 2009 I think.

Oh dear.

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
            Strongly disagree. 5 guys is well above average. I guess you have to want that style of burger, but it's awesome.
            Anyone live near a Char-Hut? Amazing..
            We have one up here.....I'll go try... I mean the 5 guys
            Last edited by So this is love; 07-28-2013, 08:01 PM.
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

walked away from a fatburger stand at the ball game cause grampa didn't want cheese, and had to get him a regular ballpark burger...
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
                The 5 Guys is near me, over in the Fountains mall. Maybe it's the location, perhaps the management, but even dreaded old Fuddrucker's was better, at least to me. Coincidentally, there is a Char Hut on University Drive about 3 miles north in Sunrise, and has been around for at least 25 years. You are correct, still as good as it was when it opened. But the less said about the Primanti Brothers located in between, the better.
                Totally agree about Primanti Bros.. I just don't get it. Last time I walked into that Char hut I about fell over from sticker shock - daaamn they're pricey! It was pretty fantastic though.
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by So this is love
                  We have one up here.....I'll go try... I mean the 5 guys
                  The key with 5 Guys is you have to wolf it down ASAP.. Unwrap and go go go!

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Red Curry

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

God damn that red curry looks tits, but I'd be burping up curry two days later, not to mention heartburn and wicked bad breath.

I'd still eat it.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I love Thai, and Korean...

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          I love Thai, and Korean...
                          I hear that Korean BBQ is amazing. I need to get involved.

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                            I hear that Korean BBQ is amazing. I need to get involved.
                            Bulgogi, grill marinated beef, it´s delicious!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I never went to Korea, but when i was in the Army there were always at least one or two Korean restaurants outside the post wherever I was to cater to the people who had served there. When I got out, I found that most Korean BBQ restaurants tend to be a bit on the fine dining side and I missed just going to a Korean restaurant that was basically a majestic dive-bar serving O.B. I finally found a local Korean grocery slash restaurant that is the stereotypical mom and pop business and it's very popular with the college kids at U.B. No O.B. but maybe I can buy that next door, lol.

Delicious bulgogi and kimchi:

20130710_121435.jpg

Comment

• katina
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

I have a very close Korean friend, I went to her wedding, her daughter's First Year Birthday celebration, and to a culinary and music festival at the Korean Embassy, it´s an honor for me. They have a small but very tight community here, she also teaches me how to cook some basic dishes.
                                We often go out to eat with her and her husband at the korean neighborhood, here´s a pic from a couple of weeks ago. I really like Korean food, it´s very tasty and healthy.

Comment

Working...