• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by VetteLS5
    Technically this if off-topic, however...

My slightly off-center friend has a little bbq team that he competes with. Last week for our pre-game he decided to prepare something they affectionately call a "big fatty". It's comprised of several lbs. of bacon slices weaved like a basket and laid flat. On top you place sausage of your choice in a flat layer about the size of 1 1/2 sheets of printer paper. Then in the middle you place onions, mushrooms, fresh parsley and if you're inclined some jalapeno pepper slices. Then it's smoked for 3-4 hours.

Only one word does it justice - nirvana. You also get a card for a free angioplasty.

That sounds delicious.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Technically this if off-topic, however...

My slightly off-center friend has a little bbq team that he competes with. Last week for our pre-game he decided to prepare something they affectionately call a "big fatty". It's comprised of several lbs. of bacon slices weaved like a basket and laid flat. On top you place sausage of your choice in a flat layer about the size of 1 1/2 sheets of printer paper. Then in the middle you place onions, mushrooms, fresh parsley and if you're inclined some jalapeno pepper slices. Then it's smoked for 3-4 hours.

Only one word does it justice - nirvana. You also get a card for a free angioplasty.
      That's even worse than the bacon-wrapped cheese filled jalapenos the local BBQ joint wins awards for...

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

And we served it with tater-tots smothered in melted jack cheese with jalapeno slices and crumbled bacon on top... with sour cream for dipping of course. It was Cholesterol Sunday ™.
        I've been seeing more and more of these "bacon-weave" deals over the past few years, and the possibilities are endless. You can make one to wrap around a pork roast, use it over steaks on the grill, make a pie of any sort and apply it as a topping, cut small sections of it and use with dinner rolls, make mind-boggling sandwiches, ect.

The things that get me are the cost and time needed. Yeah, it's cool to be extravagant and show-offy every so often, but on the flip, there ain't nothing quite like yellow or red skinned potatoes with a shitload of butter and a jar of Bac-Os bacon-bits.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VetteLS5
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          That's even worse than the bacon-wrapped cheese filled jalapenos the local BBQ joint wins awards for...
          Make those all the time at home. I've stuffed them with everything from cheese to venison sausage to crab meat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I like tacos.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              I like tacos.
              Me too! I've been MIA from this thread - long story, might get into details later - but here are some pretty bad-ass al carbon steak tacos from last night..

Toss some salsa on there and it's pretty fan-fucking-tastic!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

What are you eating right now?

Nice piece of blackened Tripletail.. Ugly fish, but delicious!

Interesting fact, the float on top of the water so they can't be line caught.
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Veal Wienerschnitzel.. With delicious German beer, of course..

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

A combo of Hog Snapper & Idaho rainbow Trout.. I call it Trapper™

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Back at the Tilted Kilt in Kennesaw, GA.. I fucking love this place! Anyway, these are some really good grilled wings and a pint.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wings from BW3. No pics.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

uploadfromtaptalk1382973104569.jpg My roommate had this pizza. WAY too much meat for me!
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Too much topping.

Comment

• VAiN
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That pizza is my nightmare. I'm a cheese kinda guy.

Comment

Working...