X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

I don't think you need to worry about eating in Kentucky, worry about eating Chinese.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Careful what you eat in Kentucky...

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has reportedly been forced to shut its doors after allegedly serving up roadkill.

WKYT.com reports that the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg was shuttered on Thursday after a customer called the health department when she saw a dead deer being wheeled into the kitchen.

"Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it,” Kate Hopkins told the website. “And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen.”

Paul Lawson, Whitley County’s environmental health inspector, said the owner’s son admitted to pick up the dead animal from the side of I-75 North in Williamsburg. The restaurant was immediately shut down.

"They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to,” Lawson said. “So that makes me concerned. But maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before.”

Owners can reopen the restaurant, Lawson said, if it passes a secondary health inspection proving that they have properly sanitized it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/01...#ixzz283i6BR89
      I don't see anything wrong with using roadkill deer, as long as it's fresh grilled and properly cleaned. Hey, you gotta save on supply costs wherever you can if you're running a Chinese restaurant.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Good call LT.

Just put condiments over the tire tracks and it's a go !

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sorry for posting an Xmas song on October 1, but it just fits here......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            I don't think you need to worry about eating in Kentucky, worry about eating Chinese.
            Nothin wrong with Chinese food here... Where you live though I'd bet finding decent Mexican or Tex-Mex food must be tough?
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Nothin wrong with Chinese food here... Where you live though I'd bet finding decent Mexican or Tex-Mex food must be tough?
              Yeah, it is. There is one Tex-Mex that I kinda like, but I hardly ever eat there.

I don't like chinese food. Love Thai though. Chinese feels very watery, weak, smelly... Thai is very good though.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                Chinese feels very watery, weak, smelly...
                Damn, are you sure you're not describing the diarrhea you get after you eat too much Chinese?

American "Chinese" food is delicious. It's anything but weak, watery and smelly
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

What smells is those freaking bamboo shoots that they insist on over-using. I don't think I've ever eaten decent chinese, even when they remove bamboo shoots :-/

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I love Chinese.There are about 6 take out places where I live.Lucky I have very good control over myself with food or I would be HUGE
                    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I love Chinese, but haven't found any good places here yet. I miss my Hunan Village from Victoria (best Chinese food ever)
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Canadian Bacon by the fistful
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

General Tso's chicken, broccoli and rice. Damn good Chinese food
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                            Canadian Bacon by the fistful
                            You mean back bacon, eh?
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

never heard of it
                              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I believe Canadian, er, back bacon is HAM here in the states. The meat on an Egg McMuffin has the taste and texture of ham, although it's supposed to be Canadian bacon. I've never had actual back bacon from Canada, so I don't know what it's supposed to look or taste like. All I know is the stuff that is sold here as Canadian bacon is akin to ham.
                                Last edited by Little Texan; 10-02-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...