X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    So are you all satisfied? Did you get the big "O"?
    Followed by 20 minutes of crying...

Comment

• big fatty
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Tho the shot where walts reflection was in on the shiney metal tank and then he went was very cool .
      The bloodstain sort of looked like a W.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by big fatty
        The bloodstain sort of looked like a W.
        Holy shit..didnt notice that at all...RIP Breaking bad..I hope to share this entire series with my grandkids one day..

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Un-holy kick to the balls, Batman!

I got home from work this evening, and re-watched the finale. OK, I'll admit some frailty here. I was pretty much doinked out of coherency thanks to an afternoon of imbibing spirits while viewing NASCAR and NFL, plus checking out the final season reruns.

Yet folks, you owe it to yerselves just to pick up on the finer details that can only be revealed with a second (or perhaps third) viewing. There are small, subtle details that you may have missed (as did I) that will blow you away.

And the acting...man, nothing short of superb by all in attendance.

As someone mentioned earlier, I can not wait to get the barrel set, which includes around 50 hours or so of unused footage, along with a two hour documentary. Besides, the damned thing will look cool as all shit on my wall.

I loved "Baby Blue" the first time I heard it on a cheesy little transistor AM radio as a kid sometime in the very early seventies. To have it come back, surrounded by such poignancy decades later...well, ya either dig it or ya don't.

Guess I got what I deserved
          Kept you waiting there too long, my love
          All that time without a word
          Didn't know you'd think that I'd forget or I'd regret
          The special love I had for you, my baby blue

All the days became so long
          Did you really think, I'd do you wrong?
          Dixie, when I let you go
          Thought you'd realize that I would know
          I would show the special love I have for you, my baby blue

What can I do, what can I say
          Except I want you by my side
          How can I show you, show me the way
          Don't you know the times I've tried?

Guess that's all I have to say
          Except the feeling just grows stronger every day
          Just one thing before I go
          Take good care, baby, let me know, let it grow

For perhaps the first time in television history, the series finale holds up, and sends you on yer way, somewhat satisfied. Not warm and fuzzy, somewhat puzzling in certain manners, yet ultimately gratifying.

Simply astounding. OK, now I have to start stacking money in my car trunk so I can go get this collection when it goes on sale at Best Buy. I'm definitely gonna pay for it in oddly bundled amounts of 5s, 10s, 20s and the occasional 50 dollar bill. And just for shits and giggles, I'm gonna leave my cheap-assed watch on top of a computer or a pay phone, if I can find one.

And yes, I have tears in my eyes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

This was a moment. We experience very few of these in our lives. Many of them we look back years later & think "yeah, that was fucking great and I was there". But to realize that you are experiencing that moment as it happens is truly a rare gift. And that's what we got here with Breaking Bad. And the weeks leading up to this we kept building it up & up & up. If this had been a football game, the score would have had to been 100- 103 with a triple overtime, cheerleader sideline fight, drunken streakers, paratroopers, VH at halftime, free pizza and beer, hookers in the parking lot, and fireworks throughout. No chance it can be as good as we have built it up to be.

Breaking Bad delivered.

Thank you.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Why did he leave his watch on the pay-phone? It was actually a pretty unique looking piece. Square but split in 1/2 like to separate faces?
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I feel weird. This is the first week in a long time that I haven't really been excited about something upcoming. The last 8 weeks were so awesome and went so fucking fast. All I thought about was BB. The plot twists, how it would end, would Hank die, etc... Now everything has slowed way down and just feels quiet. What's this about some Govt shutdown? Aww fuck this, I need a new show to escape in to. I hear Walking Dead is kinda good.....

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                  I feel weird. This is the first week in a long time that I haven't really been excited about something upcoming. The last 8 weeks were so awesome and went so fucking fast. All I thought about was BB. The plot twists, how it would end, would Hank die, etc... Now everything has slowed way down and just feels quiet. What's this about some Govt shutdown? Aww fuck this, I need a new show to escape in to. I hear Walking Dead is kinda good.....
                  Same here. I've actually been binge watching Walking Dead season III and I'm not so impressed so far. I think the writing bar has been thrown on the roof by Mr. Gilligan. I'm still sticking with the dead, though. It' well written. Just not on the level of BB.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Why did he leave his watch on the pay-phone? It was actually a pretty unique looking piece. Square but split in 1/2 like to separate faces?
                    $6500 watch..VG himself said they shot that scene because they realized that on a scene shot earlier ( that was supposed to be later). The scene where he is eating after arriving from NH...he didnt have it on..They actually did that scene just for that reason..he had to lose the watch before eating.I saw this on talking bad show after final episode...such damn perfection.

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.
                    Last edited by Fairwrning; 10-01-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

That's fucked up , I wondered about the watch
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I wonder where the Nazi compound was located. Could never quite tell if it was near town or off a beaten desert path. I'm guessing the police showed up at the end in response to the sound of Walt's guntraption. I doubt Jessie called them as he was speeding away.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          I loved "Baby Blue" the first time I heard it on a cheesy little transistor AM radio as a kid sometime in the very early seventies. To have it come back, surrounded by such poignancy decades later...well, ya either dig it or ya don't.
                          There was a Talking Bad where...and I can't remember who said it...each and every song holds meaning in the series. It's not some random placeholder.

Even the names of the episodes have deep meaning.

Such a great show and to go out the way it did was sheer perfection.
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

So what's next? What shows will fill the void?

I liked "Derek" on Netflix. Not as funny as expected, but definitely a bit sad and heartwarming. Ricky Gervais certainly has his moments.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

'Breaking Bad' fans place Walter White obituary

Associated Press
                              JERI CLAUSING 8 hours ago

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The government is shut down. There was a deadly chase in the nation's capital. But the reason Albuquerque Journals are selling out across town has nothing to do with all that seriousness. Fans are clamoring for copies of Friday editions with a fake obit for Walter White.

Placed by "Breaking Bad" fans who said they wanted "closure" after the series finale Sunday, the notice appears on page A4 of Friday's Journal (http://bit.ly/158KZzg ). It's headlined "White, Walter" and includes a photo of Bryan Cranston, the actor who played the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin on the popular AMC drama filmed in Albuquerque.

The obituary says the 52-year-old "founded a meth manufacturing empire" and he died "after a long battle with lung cancer and a gunshot wound."

Journal Editor Kent Walz says his digital team reports online traffic for the White obit and a story explaining its origins is about 40 times that of a typical story, and the library says calls for copies of the paper have been nonstop.

"We won't have single copy sales numbers until next week, but the circulation department says some locations have called saying they were out of copies and asking for more," he said. "I understand people are selling them on eBay for $7 or $8."

Walz said newspaper managers did have a discussion about whether to accept the ad.

"We decided to publish it, along with the story explaining how it came about and who submitted it," he said. "We also felt it should be not be published as part of the regular obituaries, both because it was of a TV character and out of respect for families that had lost loved ones. That explains the location on page A4."

The Journal did get one complaint, he said, "from somebody who says he had avoided knowing what happened to Walter and was going to watch the episode later. He said we ruined it for him."
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...