Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As it goes on I think the strong implication is that Walt wasn't cheated out of Grey Matter, he made a bad decision walking away from it probably due to his pride.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Maybe cheated is laying it on a bit thick .
      I think that was walts mind set , one of the many injustices he uses ... To rationalise the irrational .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was my hard work. My research. And you and Elliott made millions off it.Walt arguing with Gretchen about Gray Matter. Gray Matter Technologies is a multi-billion dollar company co-founded by Walter White with his friend and fellow Caltech alumnus Elliott Schwartz sometime in the 1980s. The name came from a combination of the two's last names: Schwartz, meaning black in German, combined with White made gray. Walt and Elliott were best friends at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech)

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Maybe cheated is laying it on a bit thick .
          I think that was walts mind set , one of the many injustices he uses ... To rationalise the irrational .
          Yeah Walt is an unreliable witness.

At the beginning we think he was cheated but as time goes on we see Walter is a flawed character and his pride and hubris so reevaluate.

Wow that sounds like an exam question answer...

I'm surprised that they never completely explained why he left, maybe he got jealous thinking Gretchen was cheating on him.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

What am trying to say is if Walt isn't a flawed character that we can associate with to some degree who then through circumstance completely of his own making sure but if he doesn't become a monster in increments and is just a cunt who is a cunt . That wouldn't be as interesting .

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Walts true character is the one displayed as Heisenburg...He admits that himself during that final conversation with Skylar..He wasnt doing it just for the money..He shot the Neo-Nazi without giving a shit where that 65 mil was..Leaving the kids with 9.5 mil and freeing Jessie were the only decent things he did..

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel

You THINK you know what it's about, but you are assuming a lot...
                That may be but it's still about a guy who manufactures methamphetamine. That's enough to keep me from watching the show. I hate tweakers. If a junkie ratted me out and got me sent to prison I'd hate them too. I got busted because a tweaker didn't want to rat out his meth connection. He ratted out my roommate and I got caught up in it. I told the moron not to sell pot to tweakers but the moron didn't listen. He got 5 years for excessive stupidity.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

No wonder people were wondering how season 5 could top 4. Holy fuck.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                    No wonder people were wondering how season 5 could top 4. Holy fuck.
                    I've actually learned more about the show by reading this thread. It sounds like it might interest me if it wasn't for the subject matter. The antihero is quite popular nowdays. Tony Soprano was an antihero. A bad guy that's not as bad as his enemies but he's still a bad guy. My antihero of choice is Jax Teller. The president of The Sons Of Anarchy. I'm chomping at the bit for the start of the final season this fall. I drive by the studio where they film it everytime I'm in the area. You can see the set from the street and they film alot of it on the surrounding streets. I keep a ditigal camera in the truck in case I get lucky and see any of the cast out and about. I like to take pictures of famous people's homes and places famous people hang out or hung out in. I'm on a Jim Morrison kick right now. I went by his old house again last friday. I'm hoping to get a picture of him if he's really still alive. Maybe he'll invite me into his house and smoke one with me. I'll even supply the doobage.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      That may be but it's still about a guy who manufactures methamphetamine. That's enough to keep me from watching the show. I hate tweakers.
                      Nobody hates tweakers more than me, but everything I've read in this thread and elsewhere suggests that this was a very well written, well acted show. Haven't seen a single episode yet, but it's something I plan to do over the summer.

You don't have to support the lifestyle to appreciate some good fiction. I'm not a fan of the mafia, personally, but that didn't keep me from watching The Sopranos, right?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                        Nobody hates tweakers more than me, but everything I've read in this thread and elsewhere suggests that this was a very well written, well acted show. Haven't seen a single episode yet, but it's something I plan to do over the summer.

You don't have to support the lifestyle to appreciate some good fiction. I'm not a fan of the mafia, personally, but that didn't keep me from watching The Sopranos, right?
                        I watch movies and tv shows about all kinds of crap that I wouldn't take part in myself. If you've never watched the show and it was on for 5 years something about it didn't turn you on. Are you sure it wasn't the subject matter? Sometimes I refuse to watch shows if certain actors are in them too. I don't have a problem with the guy from Breaking Bad. I saw a few episodes of Malcolm In The Middle.
                        Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-19-2014, 07:49 PM.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Not sure where the whole you have to support it to enjoy it came from

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I won't watch 24 because I think it contains a lot of justification for torture as an effective way of doing investigations. I could of course be talking shit because I've never seen it.

I don't think BB glamorizes meth.

It doesn't. I think I posted an article here somewhere that shows that meph use in the United States has declined since the premier of the show...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I don't know if it does or doesn't but it potrays a meth cooker as a decent guy that gets caught up in something he did for what he thought was a legitimate a reason at first. There's no legitimate reason to manufacture something as harmful as meth. He was trying to make his life better by ruining other people's lives. I don't watch it but I know what it's about.
                              Actually he becomes a bit of a prick and not such a decent guy --but one that is thoroughly ego driven. He also, as Sesh says, ruins his life and has to deal with a bunch of cocksuckers that seem tied to the industry despite his efforts to avoid them. Of course, he only got into it because he thought he was dying of cancer and was a completely broke teacher wanting to leave something for his family...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                Not sure where the whole you have to support it to enjoy it came from
                                It's not that at all. If you were one of those altar boys that got molested by a priest would you watch a show about a priest who molests altar boys? I didn't mention the fact that my ex was a tweaker too. Bitch pissed away my life savings on meth. I pissed away a nice portion of it myself but then again it was my money, not hers.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...