Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motherchicken
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
    Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.
    I've seen people spend thousands on animals that should have died of old age years before. I thought they were idiots. Until I got my little girl.

Comment

• motherchicken
      • Nov 2009

I hate those humane society commercials where they show all those sad animals. Makes me sad.

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.
        I don't have kids either. I don't want kids. Never have, never will. Kids are not for me. But I absolutelly adore my pets :-)
        Everybody's different. I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child. I don't think my uterus has even looked at a kid. I just don't want them.
        Last edited by envy_me; 08-22-2012, 02:34 AM.
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess it's perspective... I get the connection people have with pets and I've enjoyed all the varmits I've owned and felt the loss when they pass.

I grew up in a farm environment in the 60's where we raised our own livestock... you care for them properly but there's a certain amount of detachment you have to have when Ole Shorty becomes a ribeye on the plate.

Add to that I'm a parent to 5 kids... so the 4 legged variety fall pretty low on the priority and budget allocations. Sorry if my previous comments were a bit insensitive to pet lovers.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child.
                And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.
                  I don't think you're crazy, I am just like you.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...
                    She's single. But I just can't understand that urge for children.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

There's nothing wrong with a single chick having a baby. But she better be loaded 'cause kids are expensive as hell.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I've got two daughters and a pit bull. Even my oldest girl calls the dog my first born. Pets, kids, it's all the same.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I was never a kid person until I had one.Perhaps if the time is right for you some time you will change your opinion
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                            My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...
                            I also had to skip some meals time ago

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas ....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katina
                              I also had to skip some meals time ago

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas ....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards.
                              That's because you're an awesome person, one of the nicest I've met on these boards.
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...