X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    My unsolicited advice - Don't wait. Just in case (invisible sky daddy forbid) you don't get another chance.
    My thoughts exactly...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Angel
      Well...it's been 10 months since diagnosis. He was doing fairly well until this week. Another seizure...the tumour is growing back. His motor skills are still okay, but he can't communicate. Was waiting for him to have a good day so we could talk on the phone. I don't think that's gonna happen now. ..
      Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

So sorry Angel.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

I'm just going to ramble on here a bit. Is it a blog more than a post? Who knows? Who fucking cares?

I want to stand on the highest mountain and scream so loud the entire world can hear me. Or in the lowest valley so that I can hear my scream echoing back at me from all directions. Bounce it off the mountains and catch it in mid-air, and throw it right back at them. We used to do that, Kim and I. Yell as loud as we could...Hellooooo...hellooooo, from Cascade...hellooooo, from Rundle...helloooo, from Sulphur....and a whispered hellooo from Norquay. That's probably where I got my projection from. They love me in the theatre. No matter how big the room or how bad the acoustics, there's never a problem hearing Angel. Thanks, Kim.

When I look at the last post I made in this thread, I realize just how fast the end is coming. No longer does Mom say "oh, he has his good days and his bad". First it was "he can't find his way to the bathroom" (in his own home). Then, he can't walk on his own. But you can sure tell what's weighing on his mind.

Mom tells me this week he's been rubbing his fingers together in the universal sign for money, and with his limited speech ability just repeats "money, money, get, give me, money..."

And why is this? Because of the asshole, don't give a shit about people, just the almighty $, investment firm he used to work for! Fucking scum sucking bastards! In that industry you have a "book of business"...namely the client list and all their investment moola. I guess when Kim joined this firm, he "purchased" the book from a retiring employee. ..with the firms approval, and financial backing. Basically, a loan.

He still owes the firm money for this "purchase", and hasn't been making payments on it because he's sort of, you know, busy dieing from brain cancer...and what the hell, they have "the book". Fucking bastards sent a demand notice for immediate payment.

Screw screaming from mountain tops, somebody get me a baseball bat and a ticket to Toronto. There's a CEO I want to meet...

Thanks for letting me rant... I needed that. I have a feeling this won't be the last.

Sorry to be a downer...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

that's fucked. i feel terribly sorry for you angel.

try going to a higher authority? the peter principle is real, you know. :rose:

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

That's shit ,sorry Hun
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Anyway, Sadist, I'm just rambling...

But even though I'm just a stupid hick cunspiracy nut

Yes you are so go read a fucking book or just shut up with your clueless fucking pretend witchcraft and pyramid scams.

These people have real medical problems and don't need you doing your shill bullshit when they are at their most vulnerable.

The quack cancer cure industry that rip desperate people off at their weakest time are the fucking scum of the earth.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                  I'm just going to ramble on here a bit. Is it a blog more than a post? Who knows? Who fucking cares?

I want to stand on the highest mountain and scream so loud the entire world can hear me. Or in the lowest valley so that I can hear my scream echoing back at me from all directions. Bounce it off the mountains and catch it in mid-air, and throw it right back at them. We used to do that, Kim and I. Yell as loud as we could...Hellooooo...hellooooo, from Cascade...hellooooo, from Rundle...helloooo, from Sulphur....and a whispered hellooo from Norquay. That's probably where I got my projection from. They love me in the theatre. No matter how big the room or how bad the acoustics, there's never a problem hearing Angel. Thanks, Kim.

When I look at the last post I made in this thread, I realize just how fast the end is coming. No longer does Mom say "oh, he has his good days and his bad". First it was "he can't find his way to the bathroom" (in his own home). Then, he can't walk on his own. But you can sure tell what's weighing on his mind.

Mom tells me this week he's been rubbing his fingers together in the universal sign for money, and with his limited speech ability just repeats "money, money, get, give me, money..."

And why is this? Because of the asshole, don't give a shit about people, just the almighty $, investment firm he used to work for! Fucking scum sucking bastards! In that industry you have a "book of business"...namely the client list and all their investment moola. I guess when Kim joined this firm, he "purchased" the book from a retiring employee. ..with the firms approval, and financial backing. Basically, a loan.

He still owes the firm money for this "purchase", and hasn't been making payments on it because he's sort of, you know, busy dieing from brain cancer...and what the hell, they have "the book". Fucking bastards sent a demand notice for immediate payment.

Screw screaming from mountain tops, somebody get me a baseball bat and a ticket to Toronto. There's a CEO I want to meet...

Thanks for letting me rant... I needed that. I have a feeling this won't be the last.

Sorry to be a downer...
                  Very sorry Angel, we are here to rant to anytime you need us.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

The quack cancer cure industry
                    Western medicine ??

I agree...

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Yes you are so go read a fucking book or just shut up with your clueless fucking pretend witchcraft and pyramid scams.

These people have real medical problems and don't need you doing your shill bullshit when they are at their most vulnerable.

The quack cancer cure industry that rip desperate people off at their weakest time are the fucking scum of the earth.
                      Ah yes, the infamous "battle/pussy" post. I can tell you this much. People like my brother and Max who choose to fight this dreadful disease are anything but "pussies". Finding survivors of glioblastoma is not an easy task. Less than 5%. The treatments just prolong life.

I know if I was diagnosed with this, I wouldn't have the courage. It would "kick my ass and I would crawl into the corner like a pussy".

Anyway, thanks for the support, all. We may be rather dysfunctional in this little community, but many of you feel like family to me. It's nice to know there's somewhere I can go where everyone knows my name, yet still maintain my brother's privacy. I love you guys. Yes, even you Elvis.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The doctors are fighting the disease, the patient is the battleground.

I'm not sure the whole 'the patient is battling it' language is that useful because it implies that anyone that doesn't make it somehow didn't fight hard enough.

Anyway my thoughts are with you, I think as someone else posted in here many of us have been through something similar and it's shit.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

The doctors are fighting the disease, the patient is the battleground.

I'm not sure the whole 'the patient is battling it' language is that useful because it implies that anyone that doesn't make it somehow didn't fight hard enough.

Anyway my thoughts are with you, I think as someone else posted in here many of us have been through something similar and it's shit.
                          I agree, but I do think he patients attitude has a lot to do with it too. And yeah, it does suck shit. My oldest brother died in a motorcyle accident. Was tough to handle, but not like this. Death is just a big elephant in the room....

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Does he eat at all ??

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Western medicine ??

I agree...
                              You go girl!

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Does he eat at all ??
                                A bit. His gf is really good at making sure he does. Small amounts...

Comment

Working...