Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Ugh. This sitting 1000 miles away waiting for the call that "it's time" sucks shit. For everyone's sake, I hope its sooner rather than later.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

damn.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
        This sitting 1000 miles away waiting for the call that "it's time" sucks shit.
        Miles, or kilometers?

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Miles, or kilometers?
          Miles...I'm old school.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Prayers coming your way from me and doggies.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ugh. This sitting 1000 miles away waiting for the call that "it's time" sucks shit. For everyone's sake, I hope its sooner rather than later.
              Some (and even you) might have guilty feelings about that thought after the fact, or so might think that this is selfish thought. Far from it. If you haven't been there, people have no idea of the extreme of this illness. On everybody.....

Stay strong.
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Chin up and positive thoughts. Zing said a little prayer and sent it your way.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Sorry to hear of this. Saying "I hope everything works out" sounds sorta crazy, but I know it is no fun being in your situation.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    Some (and even you) might have guilty feelings about that thought after the fact, or so might think that this is selfish thought. Far from it. If you haven't been there, people have no idea of the extreme of this illness. On everybody.....

Stay strong.
                    Yeah, I hesitated saying it because some may not understand. I'm the "lucky" one. I haven't had to witness it. My mom, my other brother and more important his common law wife have been through so much caring for him. There's nothing we can do to heal him, but I so much want them to be able to start to heal.

When I saw him at Christmas, he was just tired a lot, and had no appetite because of the chemo. We went to the Doobie Bros (he bought me a ticket for my 50th birthday), and argued about the same shit we always argue about, it was great! I'm so lucky that he will always be strong when I picture him in my mind. That's the guilt I have to deal with. But I also know that Kim right now would be saying "don't be stupid. What are you going to do, throw away 3 years of University and go back to the old career that you hated just to come here and deal with something you have no control over?"

Like my mom says...it is what it is. Thanks for your support, many of you have been a part of my life, albeit only on the interwebz, for over a decade. Your support means a lot to me.

Now raise your glasses and join me in a toast...to the amazing women that are taking care of him in his final weeks. Patti...I think there's a picturenof her in this thread. STUNNING, and I couldn't ask for a better partner for my brother. His ex-wife Melissa, providing respite care and support for the lovely Patti. And my Mom, always strong...I don't know how she does it. :cheers:

Comment

• Never was
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2012

Prayers your way, not wanting someone to suffer more is human not selfish.

Illness impacts to patient and their entire tribe. It is a journey all of go on and all have a unique perspective. The patient feels guilty to take the tribe on the journey the tribe feels guilty they can't do more no matter how hard they want to or how much it breaks their heart.

Make every moment a memory and be kind to yourself.

cheers

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Never was
                        Prayers your way, not wanting someone to suffer more is human not selfish.

Illness impacts to patient and their entire tribe. It is a journey all of go on and all have a unique perspective. The patient feels guilty to take the tribe on the journey the tribe feels guilty they can't do more no matter how hard they want to or how much it breaks their heart.

Make every moment a memory and be kind to yourself.

cheers
                        Thank you. It's so true. Well...off to the Dr. for the stress leave note, and then to drop a class. Just talked to my other brother. Could be tomorrow, could be six weeks from now. Yeah, the bastards blunt. "Do you want to see him alive, or do you want to see him after he's dead"? If you want to see him alive, I suggest you come now. But, his cognitive has really declined this week so he might not know who you are. Damn...what to do? I wish I had a fucking crystal ball!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

what do you WANT to do?
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

Thank you. It's so true. Well...off to the Dr. for the stress leave note, and then to drop a class. Just talked to my other brother. Could be tomorrow, could be six weeks from now. Yeah, the bastards blunt. "Do you want to see him alive, or do you want to see him after he's dead"? If you want to see him alive, I suggest you come now. But, his cognitive has really declined this week so he might not know who you are. Damn...what to do? I wish I had a fucking crystal ball!
                            Go and see him while you have the chance.
                            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Whatever you decide our prayers are with you.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                                what do you WANT to do?
                                Go back in time and not let this happen...

Comment

Working...