Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

I agree with Lou. Plus you can't listen to the first doctor. Get as many opinions as possible. I got 4. The first was the worst and was giving me all sorts of life expectancy shit. The others told me he was crazy. You never know.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• katina
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Angel, I send my best wishes and positives thoughts to you and your family

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I have to be a realist, it's my way of coping. If I accept he has 2-5 years left, I can deal with it. If I convince myself he's going to beat the odds and he doesn't, I'll have to go through the grieving process all over again. This way I can deal with it and accept it.

This is a very hard one to beat...
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Momshell
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Angel
          I have to be a realist, it's my way of coping. If I accept he has 2-5 years left, I can deal with it. If I convince myself he's going to beat the odds and he doesn't, I'll have to go through the grieving process all over again. This way I can deal with it and accept it.

Makes sense. Whatever works for you. Feel free to let it out here
          Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• mh5150
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Angel

I think that's how I would need to deal with the situation too.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
              Veteran
              • Mar 2012

We are your family here too Angel...even though we can't be there to wrap our arms around you to give you a hug, we are all there with you in spirit. I'm sure you can feel all of our love and support....please continue to lean on us as you need to. Get mad, get sad, do whatever you need to....we will always be here for you.
              Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                We are your family here too Angel...even though we can't be there to wrap our arms around you to give you a hug, we are all there with you in spirit. I'm sure you can feel all of our love and support....please continue to lean on us as you need to. Get mad, get sad, do whatever you need to....we will always be here for you.
                I think and feel the same, Angel

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Best of luck to you and your family Angel.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks everyone. Surgery went well, no speech or motor issues. MRI is clear, so it looks like they got it all. Not sure when chemo/radiation therapy starts but it will be soon.

I've reached the acceptance part of the process now. Thank goodness for that because I can actually focus on school again.

I do apologize to those I lashed out at during the anger phase though.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fraroc
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2012

My grandmother was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 1997, she was supposed to live only 5 years and guess what? She's still alive today. There is still hope for him, Angel
                      How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                        My grandmother was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 1997, she was supposed to live only 5 years and guess what? She's still alive today. There is still hope for him, Angel
                        My Grandma was told she had about 6 mos. when she was 80. She died at 99. There's always hope, and every day we get will just be the icing on the cake.

On another note, got the extension on the paper, and it's getting handed in 5 hours prior to deadline.

Comment

• loucap81
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

I'm happy to hear that you have some good news to fall back on. The thing to remember is that if anyone is fully equipped to fight this, it's your brother.

Comment

• loucap81
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

Anything newsworthy with this, or are you guys just all hanging in there for the time being? How's your brother feeling right now?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                              I have seen the same in several cases. It's not over until the fat lady sings and sometimes she is too busy raiding the refrigerator than to sing at a funeral.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                                Anything newsworthy with this, or are you guys just all hanging in there for the time being? How's your brother feeling right now?
                                Surgery went well. No speech/motor issues. He got out of the hospital Friday. I haven't spoken to him yet because he's been having a lot of headaches.

I imagine he needs to regain his strength before they start Chemo/radiation. Mom wasn't sure when it would be starting. From what I can gather, he is going to do the vaccine study thing. I'll know more once he's feeling better and ready to talk on the phone.

I can tell the stress is getting to Mom, every time I talk to her (which is almost every day) she mentions the vaccine at least once. It's her beacon of hope.

I'm just hoping I can figure out a way to get home for Christmas. We haven't had a family Christmas with us all there in more years than I can remember...

Comment

Working...