Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hopefully, he has a shot at full remission...

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Hopefully, he has a shot at full remission...
      The odds are against it, but there's always hope....something like the final exam I just wrote.

I've been studying as much as I can the last two weeks, and NONE of it stuck. Fuck, when I was young I could remember everything, no matter how much stress I was facing.

This is going to pull my GPA way down, I'm sure.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• loucap81
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

Any (hopefully positive) news with this?

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel

I can tell the stress is getting to Mom,.

When i found out i needed chemo, it was to start on a Monday. 2 days after my Mom went to Hawaii for 10 days for her 1x per year getaway. So I didn't tell her until she got back. She was so fucking pissed off at me. But I don't care. With as much stressing as she did, I figured that first 10 days she deserved in Hawaii without worry. She probably would have canceled her trip.

Moms really shouldn't have to deal with their childs sickness. Sometimes I think it makes them feel even sicker than the 1 getting the dang treatments, lol.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

My thoughts are with you, Angel.

Let's hope that the worst is over.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
              Any (hopefully positive) news with this?
              Unfortunately, no. He started radiation treatments last week. Went to Seattle to check out some of the study stuff but it didn't sound very promising. Only time will tell....

Right now I'm busy worrying about my son. He has Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Last week he went to emerg for it (causes nasty stomach pain and non-stop vomiting). His BP was really high in the ambulance so they tested his cardiac enzymes. Troponin levels were high, meaning he had sustained heart damage. I'm telling you, when it rains....it pours.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I'm telling you, when it rains....it pours.

You got that right sister.

Sorry I wasn't around when you made this thread. My thoughts are with you and the ones fighting to feel better & live happy. Sickness sucks ass and sometimes the grueling process of the health care is just as bad. But all my good karma thoughts go out to you & yours that there will be a great light at the end of this shit tunnel where everyone can be healthy & happy again with this crap behind them.

Then you can get back to just being bitchy to us for no reason at all.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Then you can get back to just being bitchy to us for no reason at all.
                  Oh, there's always a reason, I just don't always share, lol

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Best wishes and positive thoughts for your son and your brother.

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Same here.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Oh, there's always a reason, I just don't always share, lol

haha

At least your sense of humor is still intact. Stay frosty Angel.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          haha

At least your sense of humor is still intact. Stay frosty Angel.
                          If I ever lose my sense of humour, please shoot me.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Well, he's sporting a new fashion choice. One of his friends gave him the title "Osama Kim Laden"... lol

...and yes, his woman is absolutely stunning!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Angel; 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM. Reason: Had to remember how to upload a picture!

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

When I went home at Xmas, bro wasn't doing too bad. Appetite problems from the chemotherapy, but that was about it...

Wish I could say the same thing now. The Damn chemotherapy is killing the good brain cells, and he is having problems with his speech, memory and thought processes.

I feel so bad for my mom. Her glass is always 3/4 full, let alone 1/2. She is realizing that the prognosis is not good, and while I'm happy she's accepting the fact that she will probably be burying her son in the near future, I'm pissed off that she has to. She's already buried one child...parents aren't supposed to outlive their children...it's not fair!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm sorry to hear this Angel. Cancer and Chemo are a God damn double edged sword. Going through it with my Mom. All the best to you and your family.

Comment

Working...