Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Wine coolers were the date rape drug of the 80's. No shit. Guys could even get the nice religious girls who didn't drink drunk and their legs wide open with those things.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      See, you woulda been an Orange California Cooler girl
      No doubt about it :-) I am orange-person.
      Lol, when I was about 20 years old, still young, my dad told me "you got a job and your own money now, I am not gonna pay for you Fanta anymore, buy it for your own money". So as soon as my pay came, I went with my dad to the grocery store, and I was in panic, I had to buy enough Fanta so I feel safe and know I have it. I put about 50 Fantas of 2 liters in my cart, a bag of oranges and orange flavoured chocolate, lol My poor father was embaressed to go next to me.
      I guess it was the first time I had to shop for my self and I paniced.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        One of the local burger joints in this area sells Mexican Fanta. I don't remember it being much of a brand here in the US. It was the orange soda pop of Mexico. Here in the states Orange Crush seemed to be a bigger brand.
        Are you kidding me?? Fanta is the BEST!!! Swedish Fanta at least. I wonder if bottles of liquid stuff can be sent by mail to US, so you can all taste what I'm talking about.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Envy, serious question, how in the hell do you transport 50 bottles of fanta without a car? I've been wondering how you people get your groceries home on the bus. I'm not criticizing you guys - I'm just wondering what you do on a Saturday nite when you want some tacos
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            What's weird is when you kissed those chicks they tasted good. It never tasted like cigarettes. But you would get up close slow dancing and there would be that smell and that stiff hair would poke you. You would wake up hungover the next morning and your clothes would smell of perfume, Drakkar, Polo, or Paco Rabane, booze, cigarettes, wine coolers, hairspray, and makeup. Or she was still warm in the bed next to you with all those smells mixed with the smell of a naked women and sex. Owwwwww!
            Those were the days... Its about time to call a little chippie I know and take a walk down memory lane...

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Envy, serious question, how in the hell do you transport 50 bottles of fanta without a car? I've been wondering how you people get your groceries home on the bus. I'm not criticizing you guys - I'm just wondering what you do on a Saturday nite when you want some tacos
              I was with my dad, he drove me. I wouldn't be able to do it without. To tell you the truth, my parents are really great to me. Even when I was younger, I could say "God, I'm in the mood for pizza" and my dad would just say that he'll fix it and sit in his car fix it for me. So my parents, since they have a car, take care of most things

In my defence, I have a friend that's even worse. Couple of weeks ago there was a grasshopper in her apartment, so she hid in the bathrum, called her dad and explained, and only thing he said ws "I'm on my way". He came and took care of the grasshopper I could have handled a bug myself

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                I was with my dad, he drove me. I wouldn't be able to do it without. To tell you the truth, my parents are really great to me. Even when I was younger, I could say "God, I'm in the mood for pizza" and my dad would just say that he'll fix it and sit in his car fix it for me. So my parents, since they have a car, take care of most things

In my defence, I have a friend that's even worse. Couple of weeks ago there was a grasshopper in her apartment, so she hid in the bathrum, called her dad and explained, and only thing he said ws "I'm on my way". He came and took care of the grasshopper I could have handled a bug myself
                Being a Dad is a special thing. But I want to know if you always have to take a bus or cab everywhere you go. Here in America everybody drives and has a car. I couldn't imagine not being able to jump in my car and run to the store or taco bell.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Being a Dad is a special thing. But I want to know if you always have to take a bus or cab everywhere you go. Here in America everybody drives and has a car. I couldn't imagine not being able to jump in my car and run to the store or taco bell.
                  I take the bus everywhere. The public transport here is pretty decent. I just don't feel like I need it. And I HATE driving, In spring 2011 I started driving with instructor, but now I haven't done it in a year. I really, really HATE it.
                  And even if I had licence, I couldn't drive to work, I'd still have to use public transportation. You don't wanna drive in central Stockholm where I work.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I take the bus everywhere. The public transport here is pretty decent. I just don't feel like I need it. And I HATE driving, In spring 2011 I started driving with instructor, but now I haven't done it in a year. I really, really HATE it.
                    And even if I had licence, I couldn't drive to work, I'd still have to use public transportation. You don't wanna drive in central Stockholm where I work.
                    You need to come to America, buy a house and drive a car

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

You need to come to America, buy a house and drive a car
                      Lol, all the things I don't want. I don't think I could live over there. Just being on this forum and the culture shock is obvious. Just watching the news and people with "God hates fags"-signs and fake abortion clinics is annoying enough. I could visit though.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Lol, all the things I don't want. I don't think I could live over there. Just being on this forum and the culture shock is obvious. Just watching the news and people with "God hates fags"-signs and fake abortion clinics is annoying enough. I could visit though.
                        I live in the South and I've lived in southern California too. And I've been everywhere in between the two. It's not what you think it is. You're seeing what the media wants you to see. Most people don't hate gays - at least the people I know don't. I can guarantee you that if you visited here you would be shocked at how friendly the people are.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

It's not even about gays or abortions. It about not having to explain everything from scratch in a conversation. People who live close just agree on certain things and conversation is easier and not as frustrating. With family members it's even more so, you can just look at each other and know what you both are thinking.
                          Here I find it easier to communicate with Europeans. Of so many americans here, there are maybe 10 who I feel I can talk to without any strange misunderstandings.

I am not saying anybody is bad people, it's just culture shock. We are too far apart.

Maybe you are right, and it's all different when one is in US. I have been working in shop for many years, and lately I feel that the attitude of Americans that I meet has changed. They are almost apologetic, really aware of how they act. I'll give you an example: I had an american in the shop and he was supposed to pay let's say 421 crowns. He gave me a 500 bill, but I noticed that he had some change, so I said "if you give me 1, you can get 80 back". Or something like that. And he didn't get it, so I explained a few more times. I think he was just confused over our currency and the coins. So I just took 1 crown from his hand and gave him 80 back, then he got it. And said something like "You see, americans aren't good at math, that is why our economy is the way it is". I swear on my life, like every other american that comes in makes a similar joke. I get the feeling that they feel really small in some way. They are in general very apologetic.

So it's not about good/bad or nice/rude, it's just different ways. But maybe as you said, it's different over there. There is more then meets the eye :-)
                          Last edited by envy_me; 09-16-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

It's not even about gays or abortions. It about not having to explain everything from scratch in a conversation. People who live close just agree on certain things and conversation is easier and not as frustrating. With family members it's even more so, you can just look at each other and know what you both are thinking.
                            Here I find it easier to communicate with Europeans. Of so many americans here, there are maybe 10 who I feel I can talk to without any strange misunderstandings.

I am not saying anybody is bad people, it's just culture shock. We are too far apart.

Maybe you are right, and it's all different when one is in US. I have been working in shop for many years, and lately I feel that the attitude of Americans that I meet has changed. They are almost apologetic, really aware of how they act. I'll give you an example: I had an american in the shop and he was supposed to pay let's say 421 crowns. He gave me a 500 bill, but I noticed that he had some change, so I said "if you give me 1, you can get 80 back". Or something like that. And he didn't get it, so I explained a few more times. I think he was just confused over our currency and the coins. So I just took 1 crown from his hand and gave him 80 back, then he got it. And said something like "You see, americans aren't good at math, that is why our economy is the way it is". I swear on my life, like every other american that comes in makes a similar joke. I get the feeling that they feel really small in some way. They are in general very apologetic.

So it's not about good/bad or nice/rude, it's just different ways. But maybe as you said, it's different over there. There is more then meets the eye :-)
                            I have to tell you that neither I nor anyone I know feels "small" or "apologetic". We're not all idiots and most of us can handle math

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

I have to tell you that neither I nor anyone I know feels "small" or "apologetic". We're not all idiots and most of us can handle math
                              Yeah, but in my shop americans act that way. Lately.
                              I didn't say americans can't handle math. Where did I say that?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Yeah, but in my shop americans act that way. Lately.
                                I didn't say americans can't handle math. Where did I say that?
                                You didn't - you said that Americans say they're not good at math. It sounds like the Americans you're talking about are being overly polite.

Comment

Working...