Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Things were a lot more laid back then.
    Including me.

I was laid a LOT more back then.
    Last edited by gbranton; 09-05-2012, 08:56 PM.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

And on that note it's time for the first cold beer of the evening. Nothing but the cheap stuff tonite - Natural Ice. Gonna need the heavy duty TP in the morning
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FORD
        In Arizona, you can stop at the Circle K on damn near EVERY corner
        si
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          i gotta stop at the circle k on the corner on my way home, football!!
          Count your blessings... I live in a dry county. That nearest wet corner is 48.6 miles from my front door.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

What the fuck is a dry county , man that's bad unless your referring to the type of cider you all prefer
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

In some states... like here in Arkansas they've voted to not allow alcohol sales in each individual county from retail.

They do allow permits for private clubs... mostly restaurants or country clubs, although the bible belt thugs fight those aggressively. We have 6 private clubs to go drinking at... but can't buy for home use. I have to drive across two other counties to hit a liquor store. So you plan your drinking and buy in bulk.

Comment

• lesfunk
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                2.25% alcohol??

What the fuck kind of weak cider is that?

God, even the lame shit in the US is 5%. Guess the Canucks still have the best cider.

This is what I get 1/4 mile up the road from My house.
                B.F. Clyde's Hard cider 14% Alcohol. It will fuck you up.

Growers has been Canada's Cider since 1927.
                It contains 7% alcohol and is made with 100% all natural flavours.
                Perfect for any occasion, serve Growers over ice and you won't be disappointed.

http://www.growerscider.com
                This is what I get 1/4 mile up the road from my house. B.F. Clyde's Hard Cider 14% alcohol
                Attached Files
                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  In some states... like here in Arkansas they've voted to not allow alcohol sales in each individual county from retail.

They do allow permits for private clubs... mostly restaurants or country clubs, although the bible belt thugs fight those aggressively. We have 6 private clubs to go drinking at... but can't buy for home use. I have to drive across two other counties to hit a liquor store. So you plan your drinking and buy in bulk.
                  I guess the people who enacted these laws are the same people that mainly go to restaurants and country clubs?

I'd move.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Wooah that's extreme .... I think I would move as well. Them's prehistoric rules.
                    Harsh if you just fancy a couple with the lads on the spur of the moment ...
                    The traditional sneaky one

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

You guys who are liking the cider ever drink snake bite . It's half lager ,half cider all hangover ?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Wooah that's extreme .... I think I would move as well. Them's prehistoric rules.
                        Harsh if you just fancy a couple with the lads on the spur of the moment ...
                        The traditional sneaky one
                        The big irony is that I bet the people that brought in the laws spent a lot of time talking about living in a land of freedom...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

The county I live in is still technically a dry county. However, the individual towns are allowed to hold a vote to determine if the people want alcohol sales in their town. And at this point most of the towns allow alcohol sales. But back in the day you'd have to go "over the river" to get your beer or liquor. Or you'd go to the bootlegger and you could buy it from him - liquor that is, in small quantities. I miss that old guy, old black dude and he'd sell us a couple of pints of hooch back when we were teenagers
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Yeah , funny how that usually works out

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I guess the people who enacted these laws are the same people that mainly go to restaurants and country clubs?

I'd move.
                              Nah... The general harebrained mindset against alcohol sales today seems to be centered around the stupid belief that if you limit sales/access then the troubles associated with it are somehow minimized. It's still heavily influenced by the protestant religious outfits here. Current laws only allow a referendum to change things every 4 years and you need 38% of registered voters to petition it onto a ballot... tough number to find with all the churches aggressively fighting against it.

The history of how this came to be is interesting to say the least... dates back to the 1750's and European settlers trying to limit alcohol from the local Indians in the area. 1831 Temperance movement struck down former Spanish laws almost prohibiting alcohol. Then by the 1870's the Women's Christian Temperance movement took root... Then the legislature tried limiting it further through racial angles requiring a majority of white voters to vote to change alcohol laws.

Got real interesting in the 1920's when the Women's Temperance formed a strange alliance with the KKK and once again pushed through further prohibition laws... plus shut down saloons and stills across the state with KKK gangs. In 1933 the state went wet but by 1935 they enacted wet/dry option that each county can enact. The last update to that was in 1993 with the 4 year referendum and 38% petition crap.

Currently I think we're at 43 dry -vs- 32 wet counties... so the tide is slowly shifting. Private clubs are on the increase too.

Bottom line... blame the whole mess on women, Methodists and the KKK...

Forget moving... I just drive down to the store about twice a months and pick up provisions.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                                Chick With A Dick.
                                FFS,Noone Is Going To say Anything About This?
                                Last edited by Dan; 09-07-2012, 01:42 AM. Reason: Yes,I Have Been Drinking
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...