Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Aha! It turns out it could travel at FTL. But that would require a huge amount of power...so if it could generate and sustain that kind of power...how come it took 24 hours to power the main weapon for just one shot?

And I wonder what its ultimate purpose really was. I mean, sure they used it to blow up a planet that was actively supporting the terrorists. But once word got out of what happened the rebellion would have dispersed to different planets and systems and had a more loose command structure instead of hiding out on Yavin. So was it built to force planets to get onboard with whatever the Empire wanted? Like they show up and say you give us all your stuff and half your population as slave labor or we'll send the Death Star over to blow your shit up. Seems like just the threat of having it show up tomorrow would be enough and then you've basically got a humongous and expensive paper weight floating around in soace that you never have to use. Seems like an Imperial Cruiser showing up and nuking a planet would get the same results. Plus it would be a helluva lot cheaper and more efficient. Plus you've got like 700,000 people stationed on the Death Star that are basically just sitting around jackin it unless they planned on actually moving the thing from system to system and operating out of it to squash rogue planet governments that don't wanna do what they're told.

And why put the damn thing in harm's way by sending it to Yavin when you could just send some big ass Imperial ships and have them nuke the place? End result is the same - most of the terrorists/rebels wind up deader than hell. Or better yet, why not charge up the weapon then make the jump thru hyperspace and show up at the point they were trying to get to to shoot the damn thing. One second nothing's there and whoosh - the Death Star pops up outta nowhere, shoots its load and boom - no more planet.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I love how podcasts can talk about minutiae. (I've just finished listening to The Goodfellas minute by minute podcast all 145 episodes, one for each minute of the movie.)

These geeks seem happy...
      Podcasts can become addictive ,I had to cut down on the Kev smith Fraiser one before I killed myself at the gym.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Aha! It turns out it could travel at FTL. But that would require a huge amount of power...so if it could generate and sustain that kind of power...how come it took 24 hours to power the main weapon for just one shot?

And I wonder what its ultimate purpose really was. I mean, sure they used it to blow up a planet that was actively supporting the terrorists. But once word got out of what happened the rebellion would have dispersed to different planets and systems and had a more loose command structure instead of hiding out on Yavin. So was it built to force planets to get onboard with whatever the Empire wanted? Like they show up and say you give us all your stuff and half your population as slave labor or we'll send the Death Star over to blow your shit up. Seems like just the threat of having it show up tomorrow would be enough and then you've basically got a humongous and expensive paper weight floating around in soace that you never have to use. Seems like an Imperial Cruiser showing up and nuking a planet would get the same results. Plus it would be a helluva lot cheaper and more efficient. Plus you've got like 700,000 people stationed on the Death Star that are basically just sitting around jackin it unless they planned on actually moving the thing from system to system and operating out of it to squash rogue planet governments that don't wanna do what they're told.

And why put the damn thing in harm's way by sending it to Yavin when you could just send some big ass Imperial ships and have them nuke the place? End result is the same - most of the terrorists/rebels wind up deader than hell. Or better yet, why not charge up the weapon then make the jump thru hyperspace and show up at the point they were trying to get to to shoot the damn thing. One second nothing's there and whoosh - the Death Star pops up outta nowhere, shoots its load and boom - no more planet.
        Do you need a permit for a Death Star ?

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

And I wonder what its ultimate purpose really was.
          Wasteful government defense spending. Did Vader ever put a god damn dime into health and social programs?

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Do really really need another ghey Star Bores movie? It's right up there with the likes of Bruce Springsteen still making records.
            He don't play here in the Confederacy no more. I hope that means he'll ban all airplay of his stoopid songs down here too. Except for Blinded By The Light - I like that one. Mainly cause he ain't singing it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Wasteful government defense spending. Did Vader ever put a god damn dime into health and social programs?
              No, they hadn't gotten that far along in their term as supreme leaders to implement such lofty programs. I think they were busy killing yankees I mean terrorists. Now, if they hadn't turned on the Confederacy (apparently there was such a thing, who knew?) things would have turned out differently for everybody.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Yes he does.

You're thinking Manfred Mann's Ghey Earth Band

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

No, they hadn't gotten that far along in their term as supreme leaders to implement such lofty programs. I think they were busy killing yankees I mean terrorists.
                  Ooooooooooooooooooooom Donnie said "Yankee."

Hawt.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Do you need a permit for a Death Star ?
                    No, open carry is legal here and requires no permit. Which is awesome because it's common to see people with a pistol on their hips in like The Walmart and stuff. Kinda like the Wild West and all that.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Yes he does.

You're thinking Manfred Mann's Ghey Earth Band
                      There's a version out there of Bruce - excuse me, The Boss - singing that song? I bet it sucks Bawllz.

And honestly, how gay do you have to be to call yourself The Boss? Who's he the boss of anyway? And isn't that like racist and stuff since he had that big black dude in his band? Plus doesn't Bruce like hate America and stuff? Cause that one song he had that everybody thought was pro America was actually anti America or some shit. Then he ran off and left his hot wife and married that ugly wildabeast. What a moron.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Oh yeah, and the new Star Wars trailer looks awesome. I'm more interested in seeing the Han Solo movie though.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

She is a ginger ... You lot normally stick together

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            She is a ginger ... You lot normally stick together
                            Ginger my ass. My Bawllz are more tanned than most of the population of your island. Except for the Moozlimz. Which will be the majority before long

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Ginger my ass. My Bawllz are more tanned than most of the population of your island. Except for the Moozlimz. Which will be the majority before long
                              Buddy you're the same colour as maz kanata

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Ok so I took a look to see if the guy I want to play the young Han Solo is in the running. Mistake. Turns out Disney is looking at three homos who look nothing like Han. Which makes perfect sense - why not just cast a chick or a black dude or an Asian chick to play Han? I mean, this guy right here is perfect and do they give him the gig? Nope. Stoopid idiots...

Comment

Working...