X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not offered on Camaro or Mustang, so why not? And being the Challenger and Charger are on the same platform, it probably didn't cost too much to develop. Minimal risk.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Not offered on Camaro or Mustang, so why not? And being the Challenger and Charger are on the same platform, it probably didn't cost too much to develop. Minimal risk.
      Unless you're into road racing what's the purpose of having AWD? Is it so rich dudes who buy Challengers won't crash them on the way home from the dealership? If that's the case they should include AWD as an option on the SRTs and the Hellcats.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Hellcat powered Grand Cherokee will only be RWD. FCA doesn't have a transfer case that can handle 707 hp.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

The Hellcat powered Grand Cherokee will only be RWD. FCA doesn't have a transfer case that can handle 707 hp.
          I don't know why they couldn't produce one. I've seen 4 wheel drive vehicles in hill climbs and mud bogs with way more than 707 horsepower. Reliability might be a problem though.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The hill climb guys aren't making warranty claims for broken cases, either. Those rigs are mostly DIY, built not bought.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

The hill climb guys aren't making warranty claims for broken cases, either. Those rigs are mostly DIY, built not bought.
              I still don't get the why part. Where is the market for AWD muscle cars?
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Guys with small dicks who live where it snows a lot?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

so...Von?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                    Guys with small dicks who live where it snows a lot?
                    Rich guys with small dicks who buy American buy Corvettes. An AWD Challenger isn't going to handle much better than a RWD Challenger in the snow unless they start putting snow tires on them.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Continental all-season tires, maybe.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports I run aren't any good under 32 degrees. Max performance summer tires.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Continental all-season tires, maybe.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports I run aren't any good under 32 degrees. Max performance summer tires.
                        I have a hard time believing these AWD Challengers are intended for use in areas that have harsh winters. If anything I would assume they were intended for people who like to haul ass on curvy roads.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I still don't get the why part. Where is the market for AWD muscle cars?
                          It's like those Porche Cayenne things, I can't be the only person that immediately assumes the driver is an asshole.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            It's like those Porche Cayenne things, I can't be the only person that immediately assumes the driver is an asshole.
                            The Porsche Cayenne is more of a crossover or a small SUV than a muscle car but they do pack a wallop.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              My old boss had one of those. He was a douche, and it was a horrible vehicle.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                The Porsche Cayenne is more of a crossover or a small SUV than a muscle car but they do pack a wallop.
                                They usually pack a prick...

Comment

Working...