• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

The churches are corrupt...

That's why people don't go...

Chuck Baldwin has a real church and is a real man of God...

Liberty Fellowship

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Education is improving things is most 1st world countries at least but yeah we are stuck with it worldwide for our lifetimes at least.

Even in the US there has been a huge rise in the non religious, especially among the young.

I'd say about 10% of the people I know attend church.
      It sounds like you'd approve of a society where there is no freedom to believe whatever you want to believe or share those beliefs with others.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Because he thinks he's somehow part of the power structure...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          It sounds like you'd approve of a society where there is no freedom to believe whatever you want to believe or share those beliefs with others.
          Depends what the beliefs are.

Too much respect is given to beliefs I'm all about the freedom to say that a belief is wrong and why.

Religions don't stand up to scrutiny and that's why the people that run them don't like questions being asked.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Because he thinks he's somehow part of the power structure...
            Hahaha

Maybe you should add me to your list of FEARS...?
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-14-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

You're a SAD SHELL OF A HUMAN BEING...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                I like going to church.
                I don't but I don't have a problem with you going if that's what floats your boat. I went to church once or twice after I turned 18. I lived in a hippy commune with Jesus Freaks for awhile but they believed you should worship in a one to one basis instead of a group thing. They would discuss their beliefs with each other but not in a formal service type setting. They let me stay with them during the week for a little while so I wouldn't have to drive 150 miles round trip by myself after my brother got a better job. I just crashed there monday through friday. Most of the time it was monday through thursday. One of the members of group worked with me. We called him Wolfman at work. He was brother Chris at the commune. They didn't force their beliefs on me but they suggested I change my ways on a regular basis.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

What's wrong with that ??

maybe you should have listened...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

You're a SAD SHELL OF A HUMAN BEING...
                    Seriously..... all the fucking hate and rage you have posted here over the last 6 months or so. All the "******" stuff. All the anti-semitic/white nationalist/christian identity nonsense. All the over the top anger..... it doesn't sound like somebody who has found "true freedom in Jesus Christ".

Shit, you even yell at HIM when He posts here!

There's an old saying.... damned if I can remember who originated it, but I think it was some well known preacher of the 17th century or so....

If religion has done nothing for your temper, how has it done anything for your soul?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

What temper ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by FORD
                        Well, that certainly clarifies the picture. Not a good future to contemplate for anybody, let alone someone already dealing with severe depression...
                        There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.
                          Could not have said it better.
                          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.
                              Understood, but I'm under the impression he'd received treatment through the years and he seemed too intelligent and well grounded to be cast off as completely irrational with his thoughts. I know it's complicated. That's why I ended the post as I did. None of us are in inside anyone else's head but our own.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think when we hear the phrase clinical depression most of us we compare it to a time when we were unhappy or grieving for a loved one and that's not what it's like by all accounts.

I started to understand it better after watching a few things with Stephen Fry who suffers from a similar condition and like Williams clever, successful, much loved and funny.

This was recorded in 2010, he had an unsuccessful suicide attempt last year...

Comment

Working...