X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by David Wolf
    These days, going indie is pretty much the only way to go.
    Or selling out. I remember Sting conceded that the use of his music for Jaguar commercials was an intentional attempt to be 'heard'. Gotta do what'cha gotta do.

Comment

• David Wolf
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Or selling out. I remember Sting conceded that the use of his music for Jaguar commercials was an intentional attempt to be 'heard'. Gotta do what'cha gotta do.
      I'm glad you pointed that out; I almost added the words "or selling out" at the end of my post, but figured I had already said enough.

Quite a few acts seem to do such things and get extra money on the sly, but very cautiously; remember the number of artists here in the West who would normally never do a television commercial advertising something with their music (including Dave) doing so overseas in Japan?

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Gene's right about one thing: The first time you get onstage and play for money, you've sold out. And there's no shame in that. How many musicians really want to be poor as shit and never get their music heard? Ok, there's that wino that hangs out at the post office playing harmonica, but other than him - None.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Gene's right about one thing: The first time you get onstage and play for money, you've sold out. And there's no shame in that.
          Naahh. That's just a line to make everyone seem as shameless and guilty as him. I'd been on stage and played for money. That money went into stamps and flyers for the next show. Millions of bands have played there asses off to reach for success, this much is true, but not all musicians strive to be like Yogurt from Spaceballs the way Gene did.
          Last edited by DLR Bridge; 09-07-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

If you got paid then you sold out. And I hope you sold out every show

Comment

• David Wolf
              Full On Cocktard
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Naahh. That's just a line to make everyone seem as shameless and guilty as him. I'd been on stage and played for money. That money went into stamps and flyers for the next show. Millions of bands have played there asses off to reach for success, this much is true, but not all musicians strive to be like Yogurt from Spaceballs the way Gene did.
              That reminds me of something a friend once told me at work. I like Kiss okay, but still laughed when he remarked, "Kiss didn't want to be a rock band; they wanted to be Pepsi."

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh FFS, which Simmons is a bigger whoremongering fucking queen? Gene or Richard?

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  If you hate the state of Israel you're an anti semite.
                  Anti-Semitism (also spelled antisemitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group.[1][2] A person who holds such positions is called an "anti-Semite". As Jews are an ethnoreligious group, anti-Semitism is generally considered a form of racism.
                  You accussed Israel of practicing apartheid. You're discriminating against jews as a nation. You don't live there. Who are you to judge them? A racist canuck. Why don't you petition your government to replace the maple leaf with the swastika as your national symbol, Eva Braun?
                  You're an uneducated idiot, and show me where I said I hated Israel. You want to tell these holocaust survivors that they're anti-semitic while you're at it? My issue with Israel is the apartheid practices and the cultural genocide they are participants in. They learned from the best, after all...

Last edited by Angel; 09-07-2014, 11:13 PM.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Oh FFS, which Simmons is a bigger whoremongering fucking queen? Gene or Richard?
                    Hello new avatar...

Comment

• David Wolf
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Rotfl, YICK, that's gonna give me nightmares tonight! Lol!

Comment

• Carloscda
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2009

Bottom line with everything digital now buying records are not the way they use to be. No matter what genera no one's making money like they use to.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                          You're an uneducated idiot, and show me where I said I hated Israel.
                          I'm an uneducated idiot for cutting and pasting the definition of anti-semitic?
                          I hate Israel
                          Right there.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I'm an uneducated idiot for cutting and pasting the definition of anti-semitic?

Right there.
                            Your right there link takes me to a Golden Awe post in the sheep pen. You're an idiot. Period.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Your right there link takes me to a Golden Awe post in the sheep pen. You're an idiot. Period.
                              Because I don't agree with your politics? Whatever Eva.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

And how about you cite your reputable source, and no, Wiki doesn't suffice. Let's go with Oxford:

Hostility to or prejudice against Jews. I dislike the religion just as much as all the others, but i respect an individuals rights to their own beliefs. I'm probably the most non-racist person you could ever meet...

Idiot.
                                Last edited by Angel; 09-08-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...