Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

You haven't gotten anything about the Bible right so far. When you understand what you've brought up already, then we may move onto new topics.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow!

It's true there are some Americans that seem normal on the outside but are completely insane.

Evolution is not a theory at all - it's as close to a fact as you can get.

The irony of people sitting in front of computers typing that it isn't is a mixture of funny and scary.

With all due respect Elvis go read a fucking book and stop living in lala land.

Cheers!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
        Alright, who is responsible for leaving the Catholic church and starting the protestant movement? Our modern christian bible was put together by whom? From what set of documents? What did not make it into the Bible?

Ok, start ringing my ass!
        Actually, if you're debating Biblical knowledge, you've left the bounds of biblical knowledge and entered the bounds of Christian history. Also, most Christians, unless Theologians, don't study that too much. Catholics might, however. Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass.

Not true, sir. I was required to read it daily in school. And if you've ever been to a Catholic mass (sounds ike you haven't) what's preached is usually referenced with direct quotes from the bible. So there .

As far as you guys bagging on evidence of human evolution...go look it up. It's been proven. And I didn't say that 1200 years ago people were a foot tall, just that humans as a species are on average almost a foot taller than we were even in colonial times....
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Here we go again...
            PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Hahahaha...

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Anybody see where they discovered a new humanoid species last week? 'Flores Man'? They were like 3 feet tall. I mention that not to support the previous height evolution statement, just 'cause it's kinda cool.....doesn't do much to support the creation theory though.
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Viking
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

I'm not going to feast on this can o' theological worms again, because it isn't worth my time. But, I'll restate my philosophy once more, for the newbies and Great Unwashed: Let's say, I believe in God, and you don't. That's cool. You have your beliefs, and I have mine. Now, let's say that we're both dead. If you're right, you ain't gonna have the opportunity to gloat, because we're both worm hotels. But, if I'm right, then you have some eternal 'splaining to do to The Man, don't ya? Besides, whether you like it or not, the cultural and legal construct of Western Civilization - and The United States of America, specifically - is based upon the religious concept of morality passed down to us by the Bible. And don't give me that infantile 'separation of church and state' cop-out - I have to get up in the morning, and don't have the time to bury you up to your neck in the Founding Fathers' own words and intentions. You have a problem with 'Thou shalt not steal' or 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife'? I think that the underlying issue with most secularists is that they're too arrogant to accept that there may be a Wiser Authority than themselves. They feel that, in the height of their hubris and the unfathomable depths of their arrogance, they are more intelligent and worthy than those around them; therefore, there can be no Higher Power than them. I think that's why some of them address their own mortality by exploring obscure heathen religions like Wicca and Druidism. It removes a singular, focal authority from the universal equation, and spreads it out across some abstract concept of Higher Existence, which requires no adherence to an imposition of certain codes of conduct from their Creator.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Personally, I don't see how anyone can deny evolution myself. I mean have you ever seen the embryo of a human and a chicken at something like 7 weeks? They are almost indentical as well as a with a fish, snake and monkey.

But, then again...I don't guess we'll truly know until we find...
                    PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DaveIsKing
                      Personally, I don't see how anyone can deny evolution myself. I mean have you ever seen the embryo of a human and a chicken at something like 7 weeks? They are almost indentical as well as a with a fish, snake and monkey.

But, then again...I don't guess we'll truly know until we find...

Dude, I'm agreeing with you WAAAAY too much today....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Actually, if you're debating Biblical knowledge, you've left the bounds of biblical knowledge and entered the bounds of Christian history. Also, most Christians, unless Theologians, don't study that too much. Catholics might, however. Catholics don't generally read their Bibles too much either, however, generally relying on what is preached at Mass.
                        We have readings straight out of the Bible for Mass. The only preaching is the priest for the homily talking about the passage from the Gospel that was just read and how it ties in with that Mass' theme.
                        Those who go to any Catholic school have to read their Bible and get tested on it. It's another subject in school for us. And if you want ot receive a Sacrament, except fo Anointment of the Sick, you have to go thru these religious meetings and/or classes.

I had an excursion to a Protestant church and it was weird/interesting for me how everyone broke into groups, read from this book, and then discussed what the passage could mean. It was sorta like an interactive homily...sorta.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

What a difference a day makes!
                          PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                            I agree with you. I just don't think there is an old man with a white beard who made the world in seven days.

Some of those brains have died in Iraq looking for WMD.
                            It's not really defined the length of time a day was to this old man either
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                              I had an excursion to a Protestant church and it was weird/interesting for me how everyone broke into groups, read from this book, and then discussed what the passage could mean. It was sorta like an interactive homily...sorta.

You know what's REALLY weird for someone raised as a Catholic? Go to an Evangelical service, where everyone's SCREAMING, and the preacher's YELLING...what a trip that was! I must've looked like a deer in the headlights to the rest of the congregation. I was only like 10 or so, and I was TERRIFIED.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Yes but many bigots on this site would approve because it mainly was to ban headscarves on Muslim women.

The main reason was that Arabic women living in France who did not wear the head scarves were often attacked and raped by arabic men as punishment for being "Westernized whores!"
                                and instead of punishing the few, they punished the lot. Good going there.

Why not crackdown on those men?
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...