X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
    ford the only fascist on the board is you. you've been editing posts because YOU don't like them. and don't tell me it's sarges rules because sarge has NEVER edited anyones post over ANY word. EVER.
    Wrong, Agent Zimmerman.

Sarge made it clear that he didn't want racist bullshit on this board.

As for any posts that have been "edited" recently, it would only be ridiculously large pictures of spaceships or some other godawful bullshit from our resident panda-raping shiteater, because they wasted bandwidth and made the threads unreadable.

And the webbies are aware that all of this has transpired.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

See that's where I differ. Embedded reporters don't add anything to the debate, it is just so jerk offs in the media can get their Geraldo kicks riding along, hoping to see something or be somewhere when something happens, in search of the elusive Emmy or other such nonsense.

Tell me what purpose "embedded" reporters serve. You can get whats going on from the nightly news, without seeing some dickhead on a grainy camera or running between guerillas and soldiers, making the job harder for all.
      Last edited by Big Train; 11-17-2004, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
        Maybe we should let all of the troops go home and let the camera crews and armchair quarterbacks fight the war? I'm sure things will be peachy keen with no worries.
        So who holds the "players" accountable? What if the military is fucking up like in Vietnam? I frankly have the right to critique the performance of the military, FBI, CIA, NSA, or DNC for that matter with the best information available.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

i've heard the complete opposite of you. the video serves NO news purpose. it's been the history of the us press to volunteeraly kept things out of the press that might impact the war,troop morale or support for the war. all the way up to vietnam. hell the press used to HELP the military put out propaganda to effect the enemy. i don't blame the marine. he thought that guy is playing dead and might be pulling a pin on a greneade. when in doubt take em out. our guys earlier had gone over to help an insurgent and what did he do? he blew himself up and klled our guys. you bring up the hassan video and guess what the arab media REFUSES to show that but they running this one 24/7. again what purpose other then to harm the us and the us military does showing the video do?none nbc should have said we'll wait on showing the video but they didn't they quick ran out with it.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by FORD
            Wrong, Agent Zimmerman.

Sarge made it clear that he didn't want racist bullshit on this board.

As for any posts that have been "edited" recently, it would only be ridiculously large pictures of spaceships or some other godawful bullshit from our resident panda-raping shiteater, because they wasted bandwidth and made the threads unreadable.

And the webbies are aware that all of this has transpired.
            BULLSHIT. you closed thread because you didn't like the words in them and you edited posts. if thats sarges intent he would have edited EVERYTHING by hitch flappo and the rest of them. even when its in main it stayed and sarge even posted in threads it contained. just be honest you didn't like it so you took it out.

just checked main there are 19 threads that used the n word all un edited out. everything was left alone. every other variation or every other word shows up there too. all UNEDITED
            Last edited by lucky wilbury; 11-17-2004, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

and this goes back to what i said over a year ago that if this media would have exisited in ww2 we would have lost. they would have braodcast the day and time for d day etc etc. all they want is the scoop and the reprecusions to the us be damned
              We have to find a middle ground. I agree it was very beneficial to the US war effort during WWII to have a muzzle on the media.

If there's no media, nothing is standing in the way of the US saying one thing, Iraqis saying another, and the objective part of the public having no clue who's telling the truth.

The problem is that all these A-rabs over there watching Al Jazeera 20 people to a TV set is that they don't have the framework to comprehend why it is understandable that Marines are a little nervous and don't trust dead Iraqis. They just sit there and get all salty at the soundbite "US Marine shoots unarmed Iraqi in Mosque" and they don't even get a moderate voice saying that other insurgents used this technique to kill Marines.

Another problem is that, probably, many of these Iraqi insurgents are not trained soldiers at all. They have never heard of the Geneva conventions. They don't know it hurts others of their kind when they pull tricks like playing possum.

It's all fucked up, which is why we should do everything in our power to avoid guerilla warfare.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Sorry Ford, Lucky's got you pinned here. You've edited my posts many times simply because you didn't agree with what I was posting (and I dare anyone to find a single "racist" post of mine). Of course, I will give credit where credit's due. You haven't done that to me in a long, long time. In fact, not once since the Army came back online.

Comment

• Switch84
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  So who holds the "players" accountable? What if the military is fucking up like in Vietnam? I frankly have the right to critique the performance of the military, FBI, CIA, NSA, or DNC for that matter with the best information available.

:p Wasn't an officer with them, or the ranking NCO? Surely they didn't abandon their squad and let them run amuck! At what point will you trust the judgment of our officers and NCOs running the show? Or do you want Emmy-hungry attention whores (like this bootleg Geraldo that filmed the shooting) commanding our troops?

I have no problem with questioning the government. What I have a problem with is folks thousands of miles away from the war zone safely ensconsed in their Lazy Boys second guessing a man that's looking death in the face on a daily basis.
                  "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                  Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• lucky wilbury

i'm breaking this done into one question for every one since we'll keep going in circles over what the marine did but the question is: what purpose does it serve to show the video?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

BULLSHIT. you closed thread because you didn't like the words in them and you edited posts. if thats sarges intent he would have edited EVERYTHING by hitch flappo and the rest of them. even when its in main it stayed and sarge even posted in threads it contained. just be honest you didn't like it so you took it out.

just checked main there are 19 threads that used the n word all un edited out. everything was left alone. every other variation or every other word shows up there too. all UNEDITED

So is this coinciding with the CIA purge, that you must eliminate all "liberal" influence wherever you go now?

I rarely go to Main (no time to deal with the Hagar sheep) and I'll bet if the word's over there it's either that certifiable lunatic Cook, or the Brits who nobody takes seriously anyway.

And Sarge hasn't been around.Unfortunately, he's preparing for his trip to PNAC-land
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                        Sorry Ford, Lucky's got you pinned here. You've edited my posts many times simply because you didn't agree with what I was posting (and I dare anyone to find a single "racist" post of mine). Of course, I will give credit where credit's due. You haven't done that to me in a long, long time. In fact, not once since the Army came back online.
                        I do remember editing a post or two of yours over at Von's board a long time ago. If I remember, it wasn't the words you said, but rather the fact that you said them about 5000 times, and were wasting bandwidth. You probably blamed it on the calico cats?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                          See that's where I differ. Embedded reporters don't add anything to the debate, it is just so jerk offs in the media can get their Geraldo kicks riding along, hoping to see something or be somewhere when something happens, in search of the elusive Emmy or other such nonsense.

Tell me what purpose "embedded" reporters serve. You can get whats going on from the nightly news, without seeing some dickhead on a grainy camera or running between guerillas and soldiers, making the job harder for all.
                          Did you ever think that the military likes the PR of the wiz bang laser guided wonder weapons, and the scenes of their soldiers, sailors, coastguardsmen, and (yes Ashcroft) even airmen showing extreme heroism, intelligence, and valor under fire?

They never seem to have a problem with anything when things are going well (like the tanks rolling to Baghdad March of 2003, when the embedded reporters were more like cheerleaders). That's the choice the American people, the Administration, and the Pentagon have to make; they either have to take the good and the bad, or not take anything at all! I'm going to get a beer--BRB!
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-17-2004, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Big Train
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'll respond just as simply: NONE

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              I do remember editing a post or two of yours over at Von's board a long time ago. If I remember, it wasn't the words you said, but rather the fact that you said them about 5000 times, and were wasting bandwidth. You probably blamed it on the calico cats?
                              Could be, but actually my "cut and paste" tirade was in response to your "editing" of a previous post...

And I'm quite sure the simple text of "Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore" didn't take up significant bandwidth... Surely much less than the average sig used by the typical poster. And certainly nowhere near the level of Dennis' bullshit.

And btw, those fucking cats are evil!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                                I'll respond just as simply: NONE
                                You'd go crazy wondering what was happening.

Then the Administration would have been thrown out because total censorship would have reeked of an incompetent cover-up! The Soviet Union lost Afghanistan, and they had total control of the media. You can censor pictures, and you can suppress causualty information, but you can't suppress a kid coming back to his mother in a pine box. Afghanistan was the final nail in the coffin of the Evil Empire, and they controlled their press all along.
                                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-17-2004, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...