X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    If the bible is the word of god I think he drinks more than I do...

I doubt that, maybe it is time to think about giving up the drink my friend.
    You have what you say and your tongue is working against you spiritually.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
      I doubt that, maybe it is time to think about giving up the drink my friend.
      You have what you say and your tongue is working against you spiritually.
      I'll drink to that.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Let him without sin post the first insult!

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Na, I love ya to much to insult ya my brother.....

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm gonna go test my fingernail clippings from five hours ago with carbon 14.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

A few things I would like to clear up, My children.....

Neither My hand nor My Dad's literally wrote one word of the Bible. Which means that everything written in there is filtered through the perspectives of mortal men. The Old Testament scriptures in particular were stories which were told verbally for generations before there was a written language. And verily, ye all know what happens to stories which pass from one ear unto another.

Even My own words, as relayed in the four Gospels, vary slightly depending on whether ye are reading the account of Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. This does not mean they are lying or that I was inconsistent - after all, I only made the statements once - but merely that 4 different perspectives were used to sell the same story. Verily, any routine traffic accident with 4 different witnesses would produce varying stories. Not to mention Luke's account was second hand to begin with.

Sesh, thy post was nearly as long as the Scriptures themselves. If ye hath put so much time into studying them, then why do ye not follow My teachings?

As for drinking, it is no secret that I turned water into wine in order to keep My cousin's wedding reception going. Actually, I did this miracle at My Mom's request and wasn't going to do it at first, because I didn't want to call attention to Myself at that time. The point here is that there are times for celebration and at those times, there is nothing wrong with drinking,in moderation. But those who make alcohol their lives, that is indeed a sin, and will lead to their destruction

Any other questions for the Lord, just let Me know....

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

No Thanks, I won't be taking part in worshipping anyone's golden calf.

Hey Ford, I'd be wearing rubber soled shoes and keepin a keen eye out for lightning if i were you buddy...

Then again, what kind of shoe's you wear won't make any difference when the wrath rains down on you...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No Thanks, I won't be taking part in worshipping anyone's golden calf.

Hey Ford, I'd be wearing rubber soled shoes and keepin a keen eye out for lightning if i were you buddy...

Then again, what kind of shoe's you wear won't make any difference when the wrath rains down on you...
                  Well, I guess I'm really fucked then, because it rains a lot here and that "blasphemer" who played JC in Mel's movie lives only about an hour or so up the road.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Blasphemer ??

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Blasphemer ??
                      Cat is implying that I'm blaspheming the Lord by giving Him a voice on this board. So if that makes me a blasphemer, then that would also apply to anyone who ever played Jesus in a movie, TV series, or whatever. Hell would have to have a seperate section just for "actors who dared to portray Christ".
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

John 8:12
                        Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

fyi, cat. i like the reasoning, but i don't think it follows. if you believe that genesis is literally true, then you believe God created the light. however, odds are, the genesis "light" wasn't a reference to Jesus.

i'm don't think that God did not create Jesus. Jesus IS God. the Trinity has always existed. one God in three parts. while God may have created the humanity of Jesus, the Godly nature of Jesus has always existed and was not created on the 1st day, or the 4th day, or any day.

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Cat is implying that I'm blaspheming the Lord by giving Him a voice on this board. So if that makes me a blasphemer, then that would also apply to anyone who ever played Jesus in a movie, TV series, or whatever. Hell would have to have a seperate section just for "actors who dared to portray Christ".
                          Dude, do you really think Jesus needs your help?

This reasoning is fundamentally flawed my brother. As far as actors portraying Christ in films, i have no idea how the lord looks upon that.

I would never take that role if i were an actor but i don't have to answer for anyone's sins but my own.
                          What worries me about what you do is that your mind set is that of a liberal.
                          You support abortion, you accept those things which Christ clearly thinks are disgusting as far as homosexual relationships....Man, i really don't think you are the best person to represent Christ.
                          It is pretty cavalier of you to think that you know what Jesus would be saying in the first place.
                          To me it is nothing more than the gospel according to Dave. and doing it under the quise of Jesus Christ just concerns me, i worry about the consequences for you brother, thats all...

I think it would be best for you to pray for forgiveness and then never sign on as Jesus Christ again.....but that is just my opinion and it is your free will to live as you choose.

I've done my part by speaking up...

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                            fyi, cat. i like the reasoning, but i don't think it follows. if you believe that genesis is literally true, then you believe God created the light. however, odds are, the genesis "light" wasn't a reference to Jesus.

i'm don't think that God did not create Jesus. Jesus IS God. the Trinity has always existed. one God in three parts. while God may have created the humanity of Jesus, the Godly nature of Jesus has always existed and was not created on the 1st day, or the 4th day, or any day.
                            I don't believe that at all.
                            When Jesus refers to himself as the Light he is actually saying he is the Good which is seperated from the Darkness, which is Evil.
                            The light they are talking about here has nothing to do with illumination. It is a spiritual reference...

Light = Goodness
                            Darkness = Evil

It is not until the sun is created that Light and Dark means the cycle of the earth day.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I don't believe that at all.
                              When Jesus refers to himself as the Light he is actually saying he is the Good which is seperated from the Darkness, which is Evil.
                              The light they are talking about here has nothing to do with illumination. It is a spiritual reference...

Light = Goodness
                              Darkness = Evil

It is not until the sun is created that Light and Dark means the cycle of the earth day.
                              I believe Cat is correct on this issue. It's stuff like this that gives Bible-bashers ammo. Not that I'm saying you're one, KB.
                              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• knuckleboner
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

you're right, BBB, i wasn't trying to really correct cat, either. i was just trying to understand what he meant.

and i completely agree, cat, that that's what Jesus meant about being the light (and the way and the truth...)

but i still don't quite understand what you meant when you brought up Jesus being the light (in the context with God creating the light and darkness in genesis.)

Comment

Working...