X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
    you're right, BBB, i wasn't trying to really correct cat, either. i was just trying to understand what he meant.

and i completely agree, cat, that that's what Jesus meant about being the light (and the way and the truth...)

but i still don't quite understand what you meant when you brought up Jesus being the light (in the context with God creating the light and darkness in genesis.)
    Im not sure a follow you. I was using that scripture as an example that the terms light and darkness were not refering to sun and moon type of light and darkness....hmmm, almost confused myself.

Just like the word tree's doesn't always mean the tall thing with leaves.
    and how serpent doesn't always mean snake.
    Alot of the bible is spoken in figures of speech and i am really disecting Genesis to get the full understanding because some things i have already learned have opened up doors to things that in my opinion are being tought wrong in a large number of churches.

Like if the bible had said that John was in hot water, some people would see it as he was in triuble with god while others would think he literally got into hot water, lol. It was just an example, sorry if i confused you.

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

One thing i found intriguing is that the Hebrew definition for "Traditions" is "Nothing Useful"...

Traditions are going to lead a lot of people in the wrong direction.
      Things i have learned on my own and then proved to be right in most cases are contradicting to those things i learned as a kid in Sunday School.
      The whole Eve giving Adam an apple deal.......There is absolutely no mention of an apple in the garden of eden.
      The Serpent was Satan, a quite attractive angel that seduced Eve physically. The apple, forbidden fruit, was the act of seduction in which she was to have two children. One seed belonging to Adam and the other belonging to Satan....Cain and Abel.

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
        Im not sure a follow you. I was using that scripture as an example that the terms light and darkness were not refering to sun and moon type of light and darkness....hmmm, almost confused myself.

Just like the word tree's doesn't always mean the tall thing with leaves.
        and how serpent doesn't always mean snake.
        Alot of the bible is spoken in figures of speech and i am really disecting Genesis to get the full understanding because some things i have already learned have opened up doors to things that in my opinion are being tought wrong in a large number of churches.

Like if the bible had said that John was in hot water, some people would see it as he was in triuble with god while others would think he literally got into hot water, lol. It was just an example, sorry if i confused you.

no, i completely understand now. i thought you were initially implying that the light in day 1 WAS Jesus. i think I was overlly confusing in trying to ask what you meant.

i now see what you were talking about. and i agree that there are figurative portions of the bible.

personally, i think most of geneis is figurative...or more properly an allegory. in my mind, God still intentionally created it all. just not exactly in way that genesis literally states.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Which is one huge reason why if we misinterpret genesis we inherently handicap ourselves from understanding other major parts in the bible.

If we start off down the wrong road we will most certainly NOT reach our destination until we re-read the instructions and return to the beginning, lol....Now i'm talking in figures of speech...

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

it's religion, cat. is there any other way?

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Well it took me 37 years to figure out that i was walking in the Darkness no matter how often i went to church and it only led to rebellion.
              I would like to put together a musical ministry and preach the message through music but i cannot do that until i am clear on the scriptures myself.
              Ford has asked me many times as Jesus Christ why i don't live by Chirst teachings and until now i didn't have an answer, now i do. It's because i have never had a firm grasp on what his teachings really were, and i still don't. That is exactly why i am studying the way i am now.
              It doesn't even pay to talk with a preacher if he is preaching the wrong message.
              We have to really want in our hearts to understand and even then we need the grace of God to actually get it.

Comment

Working...