• Jan 2004

Huh, wha? Just noticed my original thread was closed... :confused:
    sigpic

Comment

• tomballin
      Commando
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Meanwhile, Jesse Jackson is said to be en route to the Vatican at the moment. When Rev. Jackson was asked about John Paul's chances, his only statement was "Keep Pope Alive!!"
      I am sorry, but what a whore (Jackson). His only claim to fame was standing next to M.L. King when he got shot, and now he thinks he is a God anointed Saint, never mind all HIS personally baggage.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Why are you unhappy about that?

Rejoice future children of Africa for there is now a chance you may not get born with AIDS in countries without enough food to feed you...
        John Paul II didn't create the Church's current stance on birth control, so his death will do nothing about okaying condums.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Apparently JP's been given his Last Rites already, so he won't be around much longer
          He's gotten that several times before. I still think he'll hold out at least another month.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
            Ally, first of all - sorry about the retarded remark. That was childish.

My point is I don't think people are parading around hospitals telling doctors to pull the plug on sick people.

Show me one hospital, or even better a legitimate political forum (NOT SOME RADIO TALK SHOW OR MESSAGE BOARD), where there are people lining up to get rid of the "dead weight". It's not happening. It's all in your head.

No one is saying kill the termanilly ill. No one is saying pull the plug on people in vegative states. People who belive this is going on are over reacting and irrational. This is Flintstones Chewables for Kids.

What we are saying is let people live/die the way they want to live/die.

Terry's husband - her legal guardian - told him she didn't want to live like that. All he was trying to do is fullfil her wish. Why would he go to all of this trouble if he just wanted to get rid of her? Why would he turn down 10 million dollars to walk away from it - if he didn't believe he was doing the right thing? Do you honestly think he asked for all of this?

The moral of the story is get a living will. That is the only good thing that came out of this tragic story.
            I never said they were, but why not? We have openned up the door to lead to such things.

She wasn't on life support. She could breathe all on her own. She was being fed, that was it. How many people who "died" of heart attacks do you know that stay alive 15 years after?

You have people running around in Terry threads in non posting what I said. I don't have enough time to run around the interweb to various political message boards to see what the consensus is. Maybe you do; All I can tell you what I see here and what I hear in my daily travels.

Why didn't he accept the money? Look out in the news for his wedding. That's why. And no, that's not the media making him to be an ass. He has this chick with a ring on her finger and kids. What I want to know is why didn't he just sign guardianship over ot her parents, they sign divorce papers, he can go on with his life?

I deffy believe there is more to this than has been told.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• tomballin
              Commando
              • Dec 2004

It will be interesting if in fact a full-blown autopsy is done on Terri, or just a superficial white wash job, mostly centered on assessing her brain function.

At least Jeb Bush is the ultimate person over the coroner’s performing the autopsy, not that legally blind, POS Probate Judge Greer. Maybe we can finally get to the truths in this whole mess, after seven years of mud slinging.

I like how POS Michael Schiavo gave permission for the autopsy for PR purposes. The State didn’t need his permission to perform a full autopsy, by law, and he knew it.

Michael Schiavo threw the gauntlet down, let’s see if the State of Florida can finally do something right in this nightmare.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Back to the Pope thing though.... there's been Italian popes, and a Polish pope. Yet one of the most Catholic countries on earth has gotten short changed.

It's time for an Irish Pope...

BONO is actually an Anglican. Larry Mullen Jnr. is the only Catholic member of U2. Of course, none them actually practise these versions of Christianity.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by tomballin
                  It will be interesting if in fact a full-blown autopsy is done on Terri, or just a superficial white wash job, mostly centered on assessing her brain function.

At least Jeb Bush is the ultimate person over the coroner’s performing the autopsy, not that legally blind, POS Probate Judge Greer. Maybe we can finally get to the truths in this whole mess, after seven years of mud slinging.

I like how POS Michael Schiavo gave permission for the autopsy for PR purposes. The State didn’t need his permission to perform a full autopsy, by law, and he knew it.

Michael Schiavo threw the gauntlet down, let’s see if the State of Florida can finally do something right in this nightmare.
                  It's tough to have brain function when it's mostly spinal fluid, other than the medulla which is key to breathing, Ally.

I think the cat scan pretty much confirmed that one.
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-01-2005, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

What do they use in a feeding tube to feed people?
                    Is it just vitamin suppliments or actual food liquified?

My wife did great on her Berium Swallow Test and pretty much won't be seeing one all that soon, but it is a definate issue that will be monitored closely.
                    She chokes a hell of a lot even when drinking. the fluid keeps entering the airway and there is some difficulty chewing food.
                    She sometimes swallows before she wants to and her body has become way too frail to do a hymlic on without breaking some ribs.

I am not quite sure exactly what i have to look forward to.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

**POPEWATCH UPDATE**

Apparently JP has suffered some sort of "heart failure" and is described as being in "grave condition". He is refusing hospitilization.

Doubtful he'll make it through the night.....
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Man, I can see the April Fools jokes now.

"The Pope died."

"HAHAHA April Fools."

"No, for real. Turn on the TV."

"Stop playing."

"Do I look like I'm playing?"

"Oh my..."

"Dude! Got you..."

"Damn you."

"April Fools. He's really dead."
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

The important thing is that these cock-sucking religious-conservative bullies finally lost a fight. They finally lost one, and it wasn't even that important.
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

The fight's not over yet.

Her life is over, but IT ain't over yet.

Comment

• academic punk
                              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                              The important thing is that these cock-sucking religious-conservative bullies finally lost a fight. They finally lost one, and it wasn't even that important.

No, this played out exactly as they knew it would. As Warham says, this is only the beginning. We're being sucker-punched even as we sit here.

Comment

Working...