• Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Good point Cat...
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Thanks GS, it is now that i corrected my spelling errors, lol.

When i was at the Air Force Museum i was standing in front of an Atom Bomb and it hit me, that was the single most devastating action ever taken in a war, in world history for that matter.

Life at Gitmo is nothing compared to that move by an American Admin.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Indeed. And the reference to Japan wouldn't be complete without reference to the forced internment of Japanese Americans in camps during WWII...
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          Your views of the world are pretty scary Brian.
          No, just the truth. Bodies are just political capital to be bandied about like pawns in chess. It's my Kasparov to your Fischer.

Politicians just make moves that benefit them the most. Look at Rwanda a few years ago and now Darfur. Not enough political gain will be gained by doing anything there so NOTHING is being done.

People die there. Life goes on elsewhere. It's perverse.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• kentuckyklira
            Veteran
            • Sep 2004

I didn´t need Amnesty International to know that the only places in which the USA care about human rights are those outside of the USA or its allies´ territories!

Fucking hypocrites, and what an example for the rest of the world!
            http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• kentuckyklira
              Veteran
              • Sep 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              sure got me THAT one

keep trying. Next you'll be ridiculing my royalty statements

poor Brie
              BigBlubberButt´s just jealous! The mark of the true conservative, how dare anybody who doesn´t agree with me has something he doesn´t but would like to have!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                Veteran
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                [BOr caring about how many people Saddam or his cronies butchered. That is never mentioned. That's because nobody cares about human life unless it suits their own purposes.
                [/B]
                Saddam killed less per year than are dieing violent deaths nowadays, courtesy of the US of A!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                  Saddam killed less per year than are dieing violent deaths nowadays, courtesy of te US of A!
                  I highly doubt that. What is your source?
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

BigBlubberButt´s just jealous! The mark of the true conservative, how dare anybody who doesn´t agree with me has something he doesn´t but would like to have!
                    Hmm....I tried to understand that. I really did. Maybe it makes sense in his little peabrain of a German brain.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the majority of Saddams killing was done 20 years ago.

The Saddam was even worse than us argument is weak as shit anyway. Is that our level now? Not quite as bad as a murdering tyrant?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        In the the bright and shiny history of a Western democratic government, let us all remember that it was the British and the Dutch that began the slave trade in the New World...the new land that was eventually to become the United States of America. It took a Revolution (revolt) and a lot of violence and debate and then finally a Civil War but then this country set right the miscarriage of justice set forth upon a certain segment of our fellow man by your countrymen.

What a pile of shit.

Britain wasn't a democracy in the 18th century and I sure as hell wouldn't stick up for the Hanovarian kings who slaughtered and subjegated the Scots like historical Saddam's.

In any case Washington and the rest were from Europe in the first place and built the USA on slavery.

You need to pay more attention in class BBB.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The real truth...

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
                          PRESS RELEASE

AI Index: AMR 51/087/2005 (Public)
                          News Service No: 149
                          31 May 2005

USA: Response to President Bush
                          President Bush again failed to address longstanding concerns regarding US detention policies and practices in the context of the "war on terror", Amnesty International said in response to his comments today.

At Guant�namo, the US has operated an isolated prison camp in which people are confined arbitrarily, held virtually incommunicado, without charge, trial or access to due process. Not a single Guant�namo detainee has had the legality of their detention reviewed by a court, despite the Supreme Court ruling of last year.

"Guant�namo is only the visible part of the story. Evidence continues to mount that the US operates a network of detention centres where people are held in secret or outside any proper legal framework -– from Afghanistan to Iraq and beyond," said Amnesty International.

US interrogation and detention policies and practices during the "war on terror", have deliberately and systematically breached the absolute prohibition of torture and Ill-treatment. Individuals held in US custody have been transferred for interrogation to countries known to practice torture.

"If President Bush and his administration are serious about freedom and human dignity they should recommit to the rule of law and human rights."

Amnesty International continues to call on the US administration to:
                          end all secret and incommunicado detentions;
                          grant the International Committee of the Red Cross full access to all detainees including those held in secret locations;
                          ensure recourse to the law for all detainees;
                          establish a full independent commission of inquiry into all allegations of torture, ill-treatment, arbitrary detentions and "disappearances";
                          bring to justice anyone responsible for authorizing or committing human rights violations

Background Information
                          When asked to comment about Amnesty International’s report during a White House Briefing President Bush said: "I'm aware of the Amnesty International report, and it's absurd. (…) The United States is a country that promotes freedom around the world. When there's accusations made about certain actions by our people, they're fully investigated in a transparent way."

For more information, please see:
                          "Guant�namo and beyond: The continuing pursuit of unchecked executive power": http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/ENGAMR510632005

"USA: Human dignity denied: Torture and accountability in the 'war on terror' ":

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Nope, you got that backwards, dude.
                            Liberal's are the one's that have sights on taking from the rich and giving to the poor, like that Robin Hood guy.

It is not the Conservative that wants to tax small business to death, that is a Liberal agenda.
                            Conservatives have always known that by putting more money in the pockets of the spender they'll see more revenue.

Liberal's raise taxes on everyone so they can get that same revenue with fewer contributions in hopes it will generate more.
                            the flaw in that is that if a small business is forced out of business then the people who lose their jobs can no longer contribute.

But since those that can and will pay into the system remain working the revenue doesn't vary all that much.
                            But, with the Liberal mindset there are people no longer working and able to support their families which opens the door to create more entitlement programs that get people locked into a system that lets the government control everyone.

A hungry man will do what he's told in order to eat, whereas the independant man who's belly is full says "Fuck You" and does his own thing.

That is why so many people on welfare have such a hard time getting off of it, i know because i was on welfare at one point in my life.
                            It was my conservative values and a huge dose of pride that got me off the Government dime and back on my feet, and it isn't easy to get out of that system once your in it.
                            And those who are lazy and have no ambition don't care and collect as long as they can.
                            Those that remain are also in large part people who vote Democrat.
                            They fear the Conservative will take away their entitlement because the conservative knows in the long run that those who do for themselves will generate more revenue over time.

Then there is abortion, and not in the sense people know me to bring that up.
                            Do you all understand that an entire generation of people has been aborted that would in some way shape or form be contributing to the revenue in this country?

You can't have an action without an equal and opposite reaction.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by Cathedral
                              Nope, you got that backwards, dude.
                              Liberal's are the one's that have sights on taking from the rich and giving to the poor, like that Robin Hood guy.

"Sell all you have, and give the money to the poor" - Jesus Christ

It is not the Conservative that wants to tax small business to death, that is a Liberal agenda.

Today's "conservatives" (really corporatist-fascists) have killed small business by allowing huge businesses to consolidate to the point where many industries are dominated by 4 or 5 multi-national corporations, and a small independent company can't possibly compete. Most obvious example would be all the small town cores devastated by Wal Mart.

Conservatives have always known that by putting more money in the pockets of the spender they'll see more revenue.

Gas is twice what it was when Bill Clinton was President. My health care costs have increased by 400% while my wages have gone up very little. And because of the gas prices, everything else, from food, to utilities has also increased. And yet "conservatives" are in control of the entire government.

So when do I get more money in my pocket again? :confused:

Liberal's raise taxes on everyone so they can get that same revenue with fewer contributions in hopes it will generate more.
                              the flaw in that is that if a small business is forced out of business then the people who lose their jobs can no longer contribute.

As previously mentioned, small business is forced out of business because big business makes it impossible for them to compete. As for taxes, they are a neccessary evil to pay for the costs of government. The BCE "tax cuts" are a shell game. The billions of dollars that PNAC has wasted on the slaughter in Iraq WILL come from taxes, and the rich who benefit from the war will NOT be the ones paying most of that burden.

But since those that can and will pay into the system remain working the revenue doesn't vary all that much.
                              But, with the Liberal mindset there are people no longer working and able to support their families which opens the door to create more entitlement programs that get people locked into a system that lets the government control everyone.

People who are "no longer working" are likely in that situation because their job has been outsourced during the BCE reign. And they don't get locked into "entitlement programs" because Emperor Chimpatine won't even extend their unemployment benefits. And if you have ever had to live off of unemployment, you know that it's not exactly luxurious. And BTW, that's not a government handout anyway, since you pay into it when you are working.

A hungry man will do what he's told in order to eat, whereas the independant man who's belly is full says "Fuck You" and does his own thing.

In the 1990's that might have been a true statement. However, under the current regime, the stage is being set (in place of an honest Draft) when the only option available for those whose jobs have been sent to India is to join the PNAC military and be forced to die for the glory of corporate fascism and Likud expansionism.

Then there is abortion, and not in the sense people know me to bring that up.
                              Do you all understand that an entire generation of people has been aborted that would in some way shape or form be contributing to the revenue in this country?

You can't have an action without an equal and opposite reaction.
                              How about the 58,000 who died needlessly in Vietnam. Or those who died needlessly in Korea. Or those dying needlessly in Iraq even as we speak?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                The real truth...

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
                                PRESS RELEASE

Real truth?

Uh huh.

Comment

Working...