X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yup.

Of course China, Burma, Saddam and you don't agree.

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

A press release from Amnesty International has about as much truth as a press release from moveon.org.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        A press release from Amnesty International has about as much truth as a press release from moveon.org.
        And both have more truth than a press release from the BCE White House.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          In the the bright and shiny history of a Western democratic government, let us all remember that it was the British and the Dutch that began the slave trade in the New World...the new land that was eventually to become the United States of America. It took a Revolution (revolt) and a lot of violence and debate and then finally a Civil War but then this country set right the miscarriage of justice set forth upon a certain segment of our fellow man by your countrymen.
          Of course, we abolished slavery long before you guys did...Canada led the way, yet again.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• kentuckyklira
            Veteran
            • Sep 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by FORD
            How about the 58,000 who died needlessly in Vietnam. Or those who died needlessly in Korea. Or those dying needlessly in Iraq even as we speak?
            Thumbs up to your post!

Saved me the hassle of typing all that, even though I wouldn´t have mentioned the BCE that often!
            http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by FORD
              How about the 58,000 who died needlessly in Vietnam. Or those who died needlessly in Korea. Or those dying needlessly in Iraq even as we speak?

LOL, the way you reply to a post makes it a time consuming process to reply back.
              So i'll just summerize my response.

I can agree with some of your counter points, Ford. I even think that my view is a bit outdated at times, but the system still works for me in that respect and my tax burdon has been reduced.
              I made more last year than the year before and paid less in taxes by almost $200.
              To a single guy that may not seem like much, and the single tax payer still gets the business end of the stick.
              But if you have kids that is a welcome $200.
              All i can suggest is popping out a kid or two and you would see a reduction in your own taxes as well.
              It all boils down to circumstances i guess.

As for the out sourcing of jobs, that has completely fucked us all, everyone will see the extent of that damage loud and clear in the coming years. But that has support from both sides, it was implemented by a Democrat and that directly cost me my job at SSI Manufacturing which was to that point my best job ever, then it was gone.
              I understand it was Daddy Bush's idea, but Clinton was the guy who's watch it affected my life under, and my family and myself enjoy eating and having a roof over our heads.

I have a small business, which will soon be "had" because of EPA issues, but it was tax exempt last year and will be for the next 4 if i manage to recover from my fine and keep it going.
              It's a one man operation, and that's me, and has potential to become a safe haven for at least 4 or 5 other people if i can get a buisness loan and restructure it.
              I just tried to make it work with no overhead and i made some mistakes that bit me in the ass.
              But for the most part, outsourcing as far as i'm concerned is the doing of Washington as a group effort, not just the doing of one party, but both as a team.
              And the only reason i see that it has lasted as many years as it has is because nobody we elected is looking out for the future of our Nation, but rather the balance in their own personal accounts.

I hear politicians speak about our schools and how teachers should be held accountable for the job they do, well, i happen to think the same thing need to happen in Washington.

Well, so much for summarizing, lol, sorry bout that....

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                Of course, we abolished slavery long before you guys did...Canada led the way, yet again.
                Led the way?
                Hmmmmm, i can't get behind those specific terms, lol.

How about something more subdued like, set the example?

A border doesn't make one person less human than the next. if i cut you you'll bleed red just like i do.

My new approach is to not think in isolationist terms or by political parties, division is how things get so fucked up in the first place.

Like a movie about a global killing meteor suggests, if we ever face that threat for real you will se the world band together as one against it, the same should be done with terrorism and other threats to humanity as awhole.

But the whole concept of a European Union is a little scary in and of itself.....we must be very cautious as we move into tomorrow and try to avoid the back biting and bickering that only serves to broaden the divide.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Quit sounding so rational, Cat.

You don't belong among us crazies here.

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                    Thumbs up to your post!

Saved me the hassle of typing all that, even though I wouldn´t have mentioned the BCE that often!
                    Yeah, ok, you may believe that crap but i don't.
                    You don't know much about America and your ignorance is clear to everyone.

What Ford saved you from was having to think for yourself, again.

You're a Tool, and not even a quality one at that.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by Cathedral
                      Yeah, ok, you may believe that crap but i don't.
                      You don't know much about America and your ignorance is clear to everyone.

What Ford saved you from was having to think for yourself, again.

You're a Tool, and not even a quality one at that.
                      Up yours dude!

I lived in the USA for 3 years as a kid. I have to go there on business trips every other year, last time, 3 weeks ago!

My uncle has lived there for over 20 years.

Just to name a few reasons why I know enough about America!

BTW, thanks for the concern, but I can think for myself pretty well, my university degree in economics and the straight As I left highschool with tell me so.

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Quit sounding so rational, Cat.

You don't belong among us crazies here.
                        Yeah, for real, what the hell happened to me?

Damned if i know, but everything just looks different to me these days.
                        Maybe it has something to do with a church experience a few weeks ago.
                        I saw the pastor walking among the people who went to an alter call and touching them on the heads as he walked through them, it gave me the image of Jesus walking among his people and i left with the "Who does that guy think he is?" question in my head.

There are other things also, most not worth mentioning but things that make me wonder how in the hell did we got so off track spiritually, politically and mentally.

So, maybe with that said i really do belong here with the crazies, lmmfao.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I know I'm definately off the beaten path.

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                            Up yours dude!

I lived in the USA for 3 years as a kid. I have to go there on business trips every other year, last time, 3 weeks ago!

My uncle has lived there for over 20 years.

Just to name a few reasons why I know enough about America!

BTW, thanks for the concern, but I can think for myself pretty well, my university degree in economics and the straight As I left highschool with tell me so.
                            But you lack common sense, dude. no amount of book learning can cure that.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2004

I know I'm definately off the beaten path.
                              I know I´m enjoying the path I´m on better than ever!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                                Veteran
                                • Sep 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The truth about Guantanamo Bay

Originally posted by Cathedral
                                But you lack common sense, dude. no amount of book learning can cure that.
                                You get impressed by the way a friggin preacher moves through his brainwashed sheep and claim I lack common sense!

You guys really break me up!

Incredible!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Comment

Working...