Is Howard Dean's Raised Voice Raising Cash?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    By the way, fuckstump....

it's spelled Caucasian
    That's pretty good for a high school drop-out.

I'm glad to see you have a dictionary.

Probably the only worthwhile book you own.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
      I have voted for Republicans and Democrats in the same election many times. Just because the Democrats have become overrun with liberal whiny bitches doesn't mean I can't see their point of view on some things.

All you got to complain about is some grammar and punctuation errors? Your life must really suck to let it get you so worked up about it.

Well said.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        Yeah, only BBB has partisan ramblings on this forum...

Triple B DOES NOT ramble about anything of a political nature....

Triple B makes wise nonpartisan political observations.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

From CNN

A spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee said Dean would rather sling mud than discuss serious matters.

"Dean's inflammatory rhetoric makes it clear that Democrats have no vision and would rather pander to the maniacal fringe than talk about the important issues facing our country," Tracey Schmitt said.
          That's an incredably ironic quote coming from an RNC spokesperson these days. That gave me a good laugh!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            Triple B DOES NOT ramble about anything of a political nature....

Triple B makes wise nonpartisan political observations.
            Yeah, you're about as "non-partisan" as FAUX News
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              That's an incredably ironic quote coming from an RNC spokesperson these days. That gave me a good laugh!
              That's typical of the Republicans under the BCE though. Whenever they make accusations like that, 99 times out of 100 it will be a case of what Ziggy Freud would have called "projection".
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I really haven't heard one good idea out of the guy's mouth, other than to allow Election Day to become a national holiday. I wonder what his fix is for Social Security, or what he thinks of our national defense and security. Or perhaps what he thinks we can do to curtail illegal immigration. The only things I hear out of his mouth are references to white Christian Republicans who don't have to worry about picking up their kids from daycare on Election day since they are so wealthy.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Yeah, you're about as "non-partisan" as FAUX News
                  But FOX is definately more non-partisan than CBS, NBS, or ABS, or even CNS.

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I really haven't heard one good idea out of the guy's mouth, other than to allow Election Day to become a national holiday. I wonder what his fix is for Social Security, or what he thinks of our national defense and security. Or perhaps what he thinks we can do to curtail illegal immigration. The only things I hear out of his mouth are references to white Christian Republicans who don't have to worry about picking up their kids from daycare on Election day since they are so wealthy.
                    Classic, War-sham.

Dean's responsibility as DNC is not to "fix" any of these things: it's to rasie money for the party (whether or not he's succeeding depends on which article you choose to pay attention to).

As for those other issues, he discussed those at length during his bid for the democrtaic presidential nomination last year.

In fact, his approach to Social security had a great deal to do with derailing his bid. He believed that it was a simple matter of raising the age when people can begin to collect.

Makes perfect sense: when SS was created the average life expentancy was much shorter. However, that doesn't play qwell with the electorate,and...well, they don't cal it the third rail of american politics for nothing (as W has been learning these days).

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Well, if he's just the money grubber for the party, he shouldn't be commenting on policy, which he is. It's open season.

Comment

• academic punk
                        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Well, if he's just the money grubber for the party, he shouldn't be commenting on policy, which he is. He's open season.
                        What I mant is it's not his primary reponsibility to fix these things. Why? because he's not in a position to do so. That's the presidents job. His is to raise money.

One method of getting that money - WHICH BOTH PARTIES EMPLOY - is to communicate that you'd better give us your money, otherwise the other party will "really fuck up your home and the country".

Sp he's doing his job. Think of it as the political Pepsi challenge.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Why didn't Terry McAwful go the same route?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                            That's pretty good for a high school drop-out.

I'm glad to see you have a dictionary.

Probably the only worthwhile book you own.

As usual, you're wrong TWICE in the same post.

The only 2 positives you and The Shrub have in common.

BOTH consistantly wrong.

Poor Brie.
                            Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

THIS IS CLASSIC, COMING FROM A VICE PRESIDENT WHO SAYS "GO FUCK YOURSELF" ON THE SENATE FLOOR

AND SAYS DEAN "NEVER WON ANYTHING" [you know, the 5 time Governor}

WASHINGTON (June 12) - Howard Dean is "over the top,'' Vice President Dick Cheney says, calling the Democrats' chairman "not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party.''

"I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell,'' Cheney said in an interview to be aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes.''

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000.

He ran for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination but closed down his campaign after poor showings in early primaries.

In recent weeks, Dean has described the GOP as "pretty much a white, Christian party'' and said many Republicans have "never made an honest living.''

Republican leaders have called on him to apologize, and even some Democrats have distanced themselves from his remarks.

"So far, I think he's probably helped us more than he has them,'' Cheney said in the interview taped Friday.

"That's not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party."

"People want us to fight. We are here to fight."
                              -Howard Dean, Democratic National Committee Chairman

The vice president added: "I really think Howard Dean's over the top. And more important ... I think many of his fellow Democrats feel the same way.''

Dean said Saturday that positive responses from influential supporters have reinforced his determination to keep talking tough.

"People want us to fight,'' Dean told the national party's executive committee. "We are here to fight.''

Addressing Iowa party activists later Saturday in Des Moines, he added: "We need to be blunt and clear about the things we're going to fight for. I'm tired of lying down in front of the Republican machine. We need to stand up for what we believe in.''

06-12-05 13:18 EDT
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• academic punk
                                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Why didn't Terry McAwful go the same route?
                                Because he fucked up.

During focus groups and surveys approaching the election, the response was such overwhelming dissatisfaction with the course the country had taken in the past four years - both domestically and internationally - that he and Kerry both believed it best not to say anything, just take the "high road" and let the voters do their thing.

When you're in the lead, there's no cause to stick your neck out, b/c the only thing that can change is that you'll no longer have the lead.

Plus, you're in a weird postion when the opponent is engaging in a war overseas: you don't want to denigrate the troops, you don't want to denigrate the country, it IS the president, and no matter what you think of him and his policies, you have to afford him a measure of respect.

But here's where they didn't look close enough: as the book goes, why would Kansas vote for Bush when so many of his policies go agianst what is in their economic interest?

One is Karl Rove and Karen hughes are excellent politicos, and understand spin better than anyone else in the governemnt. Listen to a Bush speech: he rarely says "parents", he says "moms and dads", he never says "industry", he says "employers".

The other more important element is that maybe the left doesn't understand/appreciate the values of the right as much as it ought to. Someone finds that gay marriage is a bigger problem than him having a little less regulated energy? For some, that's more than a fair trade. (and it's also a more abstract concept)

Comment

Working...