• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I'm confused, what age were you - 14?

Did the draft continue after the war ended?

18 in 1980

And yes the draft continued.

I registered at a post office in downtown Seattle on my lunch hour from work.

I remember being handed papers from a "hippie" outside telling me NOT to register.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      18 in 1980

And yes the draft continued.

Jeez never knew that.

And this was with Carter in charge?

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

LMAO

Hey, Cat, if all it took was reminding people that these were the first 2 White House Office Holders to be elected with criminal records, then I was glad to do it.

The moral standards they always seem to set for others, never seem to apply to themselves. [See mayor of Spokane]

And actually Cheney got 5 FIVE deferments, my mistake
        No, your post isn't all it took, but i was already standing on the edge when it pushed me over, lol.

And, Cheney is a ball-less piece of shit too, no argument there.

But i don't make excuses for any of them, they got what they deserved. But if Kennedy can be a Senator, by what standard are any others to be held to?

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Bad comparison Cat.

FORD never "justified" Kennedy's act. And he never said the was no honor in dying for your country. But Bush/Cheney didnt die for their country. They didnt even serve. They sent OTHERS to die for their country.

And no one ever said you cannot have a DWI and be elected. I just pointed out how you guys elected 2 guys with 3 DWI between them.

And then the Cons in here got their panties in a bunch

Dr.ASSvibe would call it " ringing the bell"

I don't hold myself to any moral high ground, but this administration sure does. That makes THEM the hypocrites, not me.

LM [I] forever
          Sure he does, I don't see him calling on his removal, so he justifies it, I never have and i never understood how he could be elected with that incident in his past.
          The fact is, there is no comparing war to a night out that goes bad, so that does attack the honor in dying for your country.
          And again, Bush and Cheney get no defense from me.

I'm not jumping back onto the Bush bandwagon, but i'm sure as hell not going to help elect a Democrat next time...I'll have no choice but to vote "Lesser of two" evils again, and I hate that shit, but it is the path this country chose, and i'll not be silent.

But let's analyze who actually elected Bush in the first place, hmmmm, it wasn't the voters, hmmmmmm, who was it, oh, i dunno, maybe The Elecotrate?
          All you can hang on the Republican Voters who supported Bush is that they agreed with the electorate.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm confused, what age were you - 14?

Did the draft continue after the war ended?
            The draft itself stopped after Vietnam. But mandatory registration continued. At least they claimed it was mandatory.

Which means they said you wouldn't be able to vote. Or get any sort of financial aid for school. And for an 18 year old sick of Ronald Reagan in 1984, I really didn't think that through long enough to challenge the injustice. Voting against that old bastard was priority so I signed up.

As a conscientious objector, of course.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Jeez never knew that.

He means "Selective Service." The actual draft ended in 1973 in America. SS was mainly a list to call up males between the ages of 18 and 27 during the outbreak of hostilities....

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

To whom are you referring to?

Bush?

Cheney?

Rummy?

Perle?

Wolfowitz?

F] All of the above?

I'm talking about the public, you and I, bro.
                But how many Democrats did their duty in comparison?

I agree with half your statement that the Administration hold themselves above the rest of the population, but let me add that you get the same damned thing from Democrats, and you cannot deny that.

The pissing match of integrity is lost on anyone who chooses politics as their profession....so we're right back to the lesser of two evils thing again.

I just happen to think that the Democrats are far more evil simply by looking at what they stand for, abortion, gays, etc.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                  No, your post isn't all it took, but i was already standing on the edge when it pushed me over, lol.

And, Cheney is a ball-less piece of shit too, no argument there.

But i don't make excuses for any of them, they got what they deserved. But if Kennedy can be a Senator, by what standard are any others to be held to?
                  I don't know, maybe a guy who dodged the draft while supporting the sending of the poor and minorities to ViETNAM could someday be Secretary of the ARMY.... (CHENEY)

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I don't know, maybe a guy who dodged the draft while supporting the sending of the poor and minorities to ViETNAM could someday be Secretary of the ARMY.... (CHENEY)
                    Hmmm, what's your point?
                    I'm clear on what i think of Cheney, so if that is supposed to answer my question, it didn't.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But how many Democrats did their duty in comparison?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hmmm, what's your point?
                        I'm clear on what i think of Cheney, so if that is supposed to answer my question, it didn't.
                        What I'm saying is that KENNEDY's transgressions prevented him from being President, but nothing stopped BUSH boy from claiming to be Mr. CHRISTIAN moralist (despite the fact he's a lying, drunk, coke-head, with two frat-slut daughters --family values indeed!). I mean, even CLINTON, for all his failings endlessly pointed out here, he still helped to create a remarkable daughter...

It's all about the hypocrisy and double standards CAT. Just because somebody says they're moralists, and are for family values, doesn't in any way make it so. It's about the hollowness of BUSH's rhetoric!! You can brand KENNEDY a drunken buffoon all you want, the fact is that he severally damaged his political career with the party-boy, callous indiffernet image. But he's also been an effective leader in the Senate, why do you think so many right wing sites go after him? But he never claimed to be anointed by God as BUSH, and some of the Republican leaders, practically have...

KENNEDY no more willfully tried to 'murder' MARY JOE KOPECHNE than BUSH tried to murder over 2000 American troops and tens of thousands of Iraqis. Yet, somehow, both historical events have happened.

And if I thought these sites that cry about KOPECHNE at all really cared about her, i might give them some credence. But she's just a political-football, ammo to flame, to them...

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          What I'm saying is that KENNEDY's transgressions prevented him from being President, but nothing stopped BUSH boy from claiming to be Mr. CHRISTIAN moralist (despite the fact he's a lying, drunk, coke-head, with two frat-slut daughters --family values indeed!). I mean, even CLINTON, for all his failings endlessly pointed out here, he still helped to create a remarkable daughter...

It's all about the hypocrisy and double standards CAT. Just because somebody says they're moralists, and are for family values, doesn't in any way make it so. It's about the hollowness of BUSH's rhetoric!! You can brand KENNEDY a drunken buffoon all you want, the fact is that he severally damaged his political career with the party-boy, callous indiffernet image. But he's also been an effective leader in the Senate, why do you think so many right wing sites go after him? But he never claimed to be anointed by God as BUSH, and some of the Republican leaders, practically have...

KENNEDY no more willfully tried to 'murder' MARY JOE KOPECHNE than BUSH tried to murder over 2000 American troops and tens of thousands of Iraqis. Yet, somehow, both historical events have happened.

And if I thought these sites that cry about KOPECHNE at all really cared about her, i might give them some credence. But she's just a political-football, ammo to flame, to them...
                          Ahhhh, ok, I see your point now.
                          Over the last several months i have seen just how dangerous the christian right can be, and i don't relate much of their actions to the faith i practice, or am trying real hard to practice, old habits die very hard.

I want everyone who reads this to understand that you should be very afraid of the false-christian movement because millions of people have been swindled and had their heads filled with junk that is no way shape or form of Christ.
                          Those that believe Bush was the "chosen" one have swallowed the bulk of that junk too. You can tell by the way they wave their American flags for the war with one hand and flip you off with the other.

Heaven isn't going to be very crowded at all, hope to see you there.

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html
                            I'd like to see an alternate source on this one. I don't think i can accept this link as unbiased.
                            I'm not saying it isn't factual, because i don't know either way.
                            But it coming from a Bush attack site i do have to question it's validity.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Here, Cat. This site isn't biased.

More Republicans have served in the military than Democrats.

Comment

• 4moreyears
                                Commando
                                • Oct 2004

Jeez never knew that.

I actually registered in 1986 at 18.

Comment

Working...