X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I agree it's better to dump a thread than delete it...

(Personally I even hate closing them, I usually reopen any I've closed.)

But by the same token, ELVIS could have left it alone and consulted with FORD from behind the scenes rather than having this big, gay public spat...
    And he could have READ the fucking thread before questioning my call, for that matter.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      And he could have READ the fucking thread before questioning my call, for that matter.
      That's a good point, where does anybody get off being cavalier about a thread they've never read...

That just smacks of intentional under-minding...

But just the same, the thread should not have been deleted...

Comment

• diamondD
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Guess he won't get that chance now.
        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• diamondD
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          That's a good point, where does anybody get off being cavalier about a thread they've never read...

That just smacks of intentional under-minding...

But just the same, the thread should not have been deleted...
          It's not the content. From the beginning of this site, it's been proud to not have the censorship that was at the other boards. This place was safe to say whatever you wanted.
          Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

This thread is stupid. I mean, really, seriously stupid. Big red font isn't going to win me over, btw.

I don't blame FORD at all for deleting the thread. It's a shame, yeah... but if I understand events, he started out with closing it, and it was magically reopened. If I were to close shit for what I considered to be a good reason and have a certain someone (who has done this to me before) come around and reopen it without giving me at least the courtesy of asking why I closed it or telling me why they reopened it, I might just delete the damn thread myself.

I'm not going to play some open-close-open game. It's stupid.

In any event, I never saw the thread. If it did actually have racist content, then as I recall the direction from Sarge, it was supposed to be deleted.

If not, then I know Sarge has a problem with arbitrary thread deletion (though my god damn JESTERSTAR = PWNED thread was deleted by someone with more permissions than I have, which still pisses me off.)
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              How, asshole ??

I was at work for 16 hours, and when I'm at work, I work, not play around on the internet like your lazy ass...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                I don't blame FORD at all for deleting the thread. It's a shame, yeah... but if I understand events, he started out with closing it, and it was magically reopened. If I were to close shit for what I considered to be a good reason and have a certain someone (who has done this to me before) come around and reopen it without giving me at least the courtesy of asking why I closed it or telling me why they reopened it, I might just delete the damn thread myself.

Is there an unwritten rule that moderators shouldn't undermine other mods? That would make sense to me.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Is there an unwritten rule that moderators shouldn't undermine other mods? That would make sense to me.
                  You'd think so ... but I doubt it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                    This thread is stupid. I mean, really, seriously stupid. Big red font isn't going to win me over, btw.

I'm not going to play some open-close-open game. It's stupid.

In any event, I never saw the thread. If it did actually have racist content, then as I recall the direction from Sarge, it was supposed to be deleted.

If not, then I know Sarge has a problem with arbitrary thread deletion (though my god damn JESTERSTAR = PWNED thread was deleted by someone with more permissions than I have, which still pisses me off.)
                    You just said a whole lotta nothing...

He deleted a thread because he felt like it. Nothing more, nothing less...

And get rid of that gay fucking avatar...

I'd delete that motherfucker if I could...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      You just said a whole lotta nothing...

He deleted a thread because he felt like it. Nothing more, nothing less...

And get rid of that gay fucking avatar...

I'd delete that motherfucker if I could...

Reading Comprehension 4TW

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

LMAO @ the pink lettering...
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

How, asshole ??

I was at work for 16 hours, and when I'm at work, I work, not play around on the internet like your lazy ass...

Yeah well, I read your terse comments this morning, which makes the fact that you re-opened without reading it, while insulting FORD, all the more gauling...

Why did you re-open it then? it would have been there eight hours later....

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

I respect Sarge more than he'll ever know, but his site has been run into the ground in his absence and i cannot stand the stink any longer.

I know exactly what that thread was about because i replied to it a couple of times, it provoked a strong opinion from me which was just thrown out into the cyber trash because one person places his ass above all others here.
                            If that isn't elitest censorship, then it doesn't exist.

But if there are people that have habits of causing trouble, why not ban them from the site instead of throwing away threads and giving them the power to ruin shit for everyone else?

Ya know what, give it up, he's held in high regard here and it won't be long until a webbie comes along and takes his word for it over everyone else's. so i will end my long relationship with this site on this final statement.....There is always DDLR.com that could use your support and traffic i'm sure.

That said, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

Save the replies because i don't give a fuck any more than you do if i stay or go.....but i've had it having my shit thrown away because of one or two jackasses stinking up the place.

Posting on this site is a tremendous waste of time because of this, and i'm done, have a nice life and blow it out your ass.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How, asshole ??

You had time to open it. That might have been a good time to read it.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

See ya after Thanksgiving, Cat... don't let some 1s and 0s cause you so much grief, man.

Comment

Working...