Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not excusing the Muslims' actions or reactions. Just pointing out how this all comes from cultural ignorance. It's possible that the original Danish artist knew exactly what he was doing, in which case I would turn him over to the angry mob. But even now, even here, perceptions of what Islam is all about are driven by a propagandized whore media controlled by those who have chosen the Muslims as the new "Jews", scapegoats to excuse their fascist empire building.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Hash, most likely.

But that's beside the point. If the Quran says that it's prohibited to make an image of Allah or the prophet under any circumstances, then that alone will be enough to set off some fundie wackos. Just like the right wingers in this country will over-react if someone dares to make a TV show where Jesus Christ is portrayed as actually speaking to an Episcopal priest. Hell, some people want a lynching if JC shows up on a message board and merely speaks His own word!

In any case, portraying the founder of the Islamic faith with a bomb in his turban, or greeting "suicide bombers" with the line"Stop! We're out of virgins!! is definitely going to be taken offensively by ANY Muslim, as it's equating all who practice that religion with a handful of fascists. It would be comparable to a depiction of Jesus helping Chimp plot his predatory PNAC wars, knowing that the very idea is against all that Christ taught.

Some of the other cartoons are probably harmless enough in and of themselves, but after the publishing of the anti-Mohammed cartoons, it's just more fuel for the flag burning fire.

Isn't all this posturing a bit hypocritical coming from someone who posts picures of Bush as Hitler on a Jewish rock star's fan site?

I know, I know, it's only excusable because it's your agenda...
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
        Isn't all this posturing a bit hypocritical coming from someone who posts picures of Bush as Hitler on a Jewish rock star's fan site?

I know, I know, it's only excusable because it's your agenda...
        Depiction of the Chimp as Hitler have nothing to do with the previous Holocaust, but everything to do with preventing the next one.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• blonddgirl777
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

That doesn't exist on this side of the border anymore. And once Chimpy gives his clone Stevie a good enough excuse, it won't exist on your side either. Looks like you already got the anti Muslim Kool-Aid part taken care of
          Well... I don't know where "Seahawk Country" is but I suspect you are an American...

If so... PLEASE do not compare our freedom with your's!
          As for what will happen of it, in the future?
          WE will be the ones to vote on that... Thank You!

And yes... Proud to say that I am totally Anti-Muslim!
          Simple:
          They "naturally" hate me, so I hate them for it!

I wouldn't have any problem if they could only stay in the Mid. East
          instead of MOVING in countries that have such different values...
          just to demonstrate their hatrance in violent acts...

B.T.W...
          We where raised to respect and be respected and women had fought very hard for "equality" here...
          Do you understand why I think that they could be (on top of it all) a bad influence on kids?

Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM.
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
          Originally posted by Nitro Express
          ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
          Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
          Originally posted by VanHalener
          ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
          ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777

And yes... Proud to say that I am totally Anti-Muslim!
            Simple:
            They "naturally" hate me, so I hate them for it!

isn't that a bit broad? you're assuming that all muslims think, feel and act the same way as a small group of fanatics?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nice that people are still stupid enough to fall for "the clash of cultures" crap...

Works everytime.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                isn't that a bit broad? you're assuming that all muslims think, feel and act the same way as a small group of fanatics?
                It's not really, the Quran is fairly clear with it's views on woman:

Women have rights that are similar to men, but men are "a degree above them." 2:228

A woman is worth one-half a man. 2:282

Males are to inherit twice that of females. 4:11

You may not forcibly inherit women, unless they flagrantly lewd. 4:19

Women are feeble and are unable to devise a plan. 4:98

"Unto the male is the equivalent share of two females." 4:176

Lot offers his daughters to a mob of angel rapers. 15:71

And so on...
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                  It's not really, the Quran is fairly clear with it's views on woman:

Women have rights that are similar to men, but men are "a degree above them." 2:228

A woman is worth one-half a man. 2:282

Males are to inherit twice that of females. 4:11

You may not forcibly inherit women, unless they flagrantly lewd. 4:19

Women are feeble and are unable to devise a plan. 4:98

"Unto the male is the equivalent share of two females." 4:176

Lot offers his daughters to a mob of angel rapers. 15:71

And so on...
                  You have any good, really misogynist, Biblical quotes?

I think it's tough to judge people by the written word in their religion when there is some serious spew in the Bible...

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

When you think of it, if the danish apologised about the photos, would it really hurt the freedom of speech? Does it really have a lot to do with it?

I saw a very interesting conversation about this on TV today and our foreign minister had a pretty smart comparison here: Since the cartoons are not a crime, just some bad behaviour, is it so hard to apologise?

He continued: "If my friend is drunk and behaves badly in a metro, but doesn't actually commit a crime, apologising about it is just good manners".
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• diamondD
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Depiction of the Chimp as Hitler have nothing to do with the previous Holocaust, but everything to do with preventing the next one.
                      Thanks for proving my point about your agenda. Nice work.
                      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Don Corleone
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        I think it's tough to judge people by the written word in their religion when there is some serious spew in the Bible...
                        Granted there is some serious spew in the Bible (And a man will choose...any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman...Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die" Ecclesiasticus, 25:18,). However the Bible (unlike the Quran) doesn't glorify killing - I don't recall anywhere in the Bible being promised 100 virgins for killing an infidel.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

should i quote you any old testament sayings about slavery?

but again, there are hundreds of millions of muslims in the world. are they all to be held accountable for the actions of a few? presumably the ones who have openly opposed violence don't count?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Here is Mohammed:

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

And in the interest of fair play, here is Jesus:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Any Muslim I've ever met personally has been nothing but decent and respectful...

Comment

Working...