X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    Ohhhhh, you caught me! I said your instead of you're!

Wow, do you have another George W. Bush quote you can give me???

Do you have any particular topic in mind for that quote, sheep?
    Last edited by blueturk; 03-23-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      You know, I don't think I've ever truly grown to hate anyone in here......until now.
      I'd say your taking this place a tad too seriously with that comment, Lounge.

But that's bullshit anyway because if you actually did hate the man you wouldn't give a shit what he has to say about anything.

Ain't a damn one of us gonna change the world from our Roth Army base, bro.

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
        Do you have any particular topic in mind for that quote, sheep?
        Use your imagination, you guys are really good at that, lmmfao.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: SSDD

Originally posted by Switch84
          Holy SHITE! You've finally posted something I agree with, Ford! It's been awhile, but I see you haven't changed your passionate style of 'going POSTAL'!
          Did you think I would?

And where the Hell have you been hiding yourself?

You want to bitch about lost jobs, bitch about a functioning illiterate being handed a job over a person with more education/skills/experience.
          The Supreme Court did that on December 12, 2000. Look where that got all of us

And motherFUCK the liberal jabberings of "They're Americans, too." In the pre-Katrina world, these idiot 'Pookies' wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in HELL of landing a gig they weren't qualified for. You saw the same images out of New Orleans as I did; would YOU hire some of them? I wouldn't! I'd sign them up for classes to upgrade their basic skills.
          What you saw people do in New Orleans was called survival mode. I've never suddenly found myself homeless in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity with people dropping dead all around me, so honestly I can't say what I would do under those circumstances. But with no relief in sight, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to feed my family with food from a grocery store which would just sit there and rot anyway if nobody used it.

And if I judged a job applicant based on what they did in those circumstances, that's exactly what I'd keep in mind. There's a big difference between feeding your kids and putting them in dry clothes and the few idiots that stole a TV that they couldn't possibly plug in anywhere within 20 miles.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• blueturk
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
            Use your imagination, you guys are really good at that, lmmfao.
            Naw. Let's use Dubya's imagination...

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —George W. Bush, radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

blueturk has no imagination, otherwise he wouldn't have to resort to George W. Bush.

Comment

• blueturk
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

blueturk has no imagination, otherwise he wouldn't have to resort to George W. Bush.
                That's pretty funny, considering that you have to use political cartoons in your posts. Isn't there a thread specifically for those?

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

That's pretty funny, considering that you have to use political cartoons in your posts. Isn't there a thread specifically for those?
                  That was old management. Keep up.

Comment

• scamper
                    Commando
                    • May 2005

I'm just tired of you guys saying you support the troops when in reality you all think of them as being stupid hicks who weren't smart enough to go to college or find a job.
                    Don't most of them join up for the free college.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Naw. Let's use Dubya's imagination...

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —George W. Bush, radio address, Feb. 24, 2001
                      Yet another not so well thought out decision...you can't get blood from a turnip, blueturk.

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by scamper
                        Don't most of them join up for the free college.
                        Sadly, yes, many kids do have that train of thought.
                        It wasn't a well thought out plan if you ask me.

But there are those old fashioned realistic types that actually joined to "serve" their country and get some badly needed personal discipline.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cathedral
                          Sadly, yes, many kids do have that train of thought.
                          It wasn't a well thought out plan if you ask me.

But there are those old fashioned realistic types that actually joined to "serve" their country and get some badly needed personal discipline.
                          No doubt, especially nowadays...

And it really affected those of us who were in management positions because we were encouraged (otherwise known as "directed") to allow those who need time off of work to go to college courses....

I didn't join for the college in '83....

Why did I do it ??

Mostly due to boredom, my parents didn't have the cash for college, so I joined to see the world and party, basically..

1st 8 years in the Navy, or more specifically from '84 to '91, I continuously lived in the WESTPAC, drinking beer and banging LBFM's (Little Brown Fucking Machines) every night....

Yes, it's mostly a blur....

I think I counted one time, I've been to 23 countries....

OK, I slowed down after that, married with children will do that to you, but at least for me, it wasn't about the college for me, but also, it wasn't for gung-ho reasons either....

After about 10 years, it became pretty much like a job until I retired in '03....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• blueturk
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

That was old management. Keep up.
                            Your constantly changing opinions might make that difficult in the future.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Your constantly changing opinions might make that difficult in the future.
                              My opinions don't constantly change, unlike John Kerry's.

Comment

• Cathedral
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                No doubt, especially nowadays...

And it really affected those of us who were in management positions because we were encouraged (otherwise known as "directed") to allow those who need time off of work to go to college courses....

I didn't join for the college in '83....

Why did I do it ??

Mostly due to boredom, my parents didn't have the cash for college, so I joined to see the world and party, basically..

1st 8 years in the Navy, or more specifically from '84 to '91, I continuously lived in the WESTPAC, drinking beer and banging LBFM's (Little Brown Fucking Machines) every night....

Yes, it's mostly a blur....

I think I counted one time, I've been to 23 countries....

OK, I slowed down after that, married with children will do that to you, but at least for me, it wasn't about the college for me, but also, it wasn't for gung-ho reasons either....

After about 10 years, it became pretty much like a job until I retired in '03....
                                Well i admire the fact that you served...It was something my health kept me from doing and something i dreamt about my whole childhood.
                                I used to sit and look through my dad's service pictures and wear his uniforms n stuff...he didn't like that mind you, but he knew i wanted to follow in his footsteps.
                                It was a huge disappointment in my life being denied that dream.

Comment

Working...