Breaking: Useless Prick Rumsfeld Sacked...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    Another gratifying development.

I almost shit my pants when I saw this at work.

A manager and I were remarking on how gw stated just a few days ago that rummy was staying' put.

What a fuckin' liar.
    What did you expect him to say a few days ago, that Rumsfeld was gone if the Dems won back the Congress?

Yeah, like that was going to happen. Perhaps if it did, more conservatives would've voted for Republicans. Be thankful he kept his mouth shut, or the Democrats might not have won so big.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Warham
      How could they find any when Saddam was kicking the inspectors out every six months?
      I don't understand your logic.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I don't understand your logic.
        It's pretty simple, Sesh.

If the inspectors didn't have regular access to Saddam's labs and warehouses, how the hell would they have known what he was doing those ten years (91-01)?

He was very subversive.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          It's pretty simple, Sesh.

If the inspectors didn't have regular access to Saddam's labs and warehouses, how the hell would they have known what he was doing those ten years (91-01)?

He was very subversive.
          Put yourself in Saddam's shoes for a second....

You're a secular dictator surrounded by fundie Islamist revolutionaries, and nearby countries include an imperialist power (Soviet Union) and another nation who already made a hostile strike against one of your nuclear power reactors (Israel).

You have to project military strength in order to keep all of the above at bay. Meanwhile you have the Americans breathing down your neck to disarm.

What would YOU do?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah and he was badly advised.

It's like Hitler if you start killing people who give you bad news you don't get accurate info and start to fuck up badly.

In my more optimistic moments I like to think that's why good overcomes evil regimes because evil dictators in history tend to be shit because of that.

Comment

• redfire
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

You know, the fact that they waited until after the election to do this indicates that gw&friends didn't know if they'd have control of the legislature or not.
              I read a little differently. I think Bush axed him today due to how overwhelming the Democrats were elected. But I think he was going to do it anyways, around January is actually what I was thinking. But I think he did it to show people that Cheney isn't pulling his strings. (insert some else's punchline here)
              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by redfire
                I read a little differently. I think Bush axed him today due to how overwhelming the Democrats were elected. But I think he was going to do it anyways, around January is actually what I was thinking. But I think he did it to show people that Cheney isn't pulling his strings. (insert some else's punchline here)
                It's already been verified he met with Gates at Crawford last week.

I think they were going to pull the plug on Rummy earlier, but didnt have their replacement firmed up.

It's a seller's market right now on former Iran-Contra Thugs, and Chimpy hadn't met his demands yet.

You have to think that if they could have pulled the trigger prior to it being an OBVIOUS "October -Surprise" they would have.....

The day after is so unRovelike.

They even fucked this up.

It cost them the Senate.
                Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                  Sniper
                  • Jun 2004

Geezus, Lounge, you would think you'd be happy about them not pulling the October surprise.

You'd be screaming bloody murder if they had pulled that and then whined if we had one the election.

Again, and example between whiny sore losers and bad arrogant winners.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
                    Geezus, Lounge, you would think you'd be happy about them not pulling the October surprise.

Where'd I say I'm not happy about this?

Why is reading comprehension never a "Republican Value"?

I'm just pointing out what many FORMER Republican Congressmen are thinking right now.....

You guys can't get even the simplest shit right.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

You know, the fact that they waited until after the election to do this indicates that gw&friends didn't know if they'd have control of the legislature or not.
                      It was smart to wait. But of course they are not happy campers right now.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lqskdiver

Well actually it was the Democrats who pulled a NOVEMBER surprise.

Comment

• redfire
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          Well actually it was the Democrats who pulled a NOVEMBER surprise.

What suprise was that? Watching the Reps continue to do stupid things?
                          Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by redfire
                            What suprise was that? Watching the Reps continue to do stupid things?
                            You know, in the wake of Iraq, Katrina, Cunningham, DeLay, Abramoff, Foley, Immigration, et al if the Dems couldn't pull out a win they should have been banished to Canada for life.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He should be tried and jailed...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, where are all these mensa neocons coming from now? Where were they when their gov't needed them to defend torture, corruption, and hiding gay pedophile congressmen?

Comment

Working...