Breaking: Useless Prick Rumsfeld Sacked...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
    But in all honestly, Rumsfeld did fail. And he knows it. But given the circumstances, its easy to be an armchair quarterback.

Hyndesite is 20/20.
    Does it really take a genius to figure out that there'd be an unstoppable guerilla war? We didn't secure ammo dumps and we let the army melt into the population, because we skimped on the troops.

All you had to do was watch Israel and the Fedayeen vidoes saddam put out to know what would happen.

Wake up. It was extreme incompetence at best... or worse.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      What did you expect him to say a few days ago, that Rumsfeld was gone if the Dems won back the Congress?
      I expected him to lie, like he always does, because he's a big fucking liar.
      gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by redfire
        I read a little differently. I think Bush axed him today due to how overwhelming the Democrats were elected. But I think he was going to do it anyways, around January is actually what I was thinking. But I think he did it to show people that Cheney isn't pulling his strings. (insert some else's punchline here)
        Also, they like to get all the bad news out on ONE day. They're funny like that.
        gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          It all boils down to this:

If you had a big R next to your name this election, you were fucked. Anybody else was safe, even independents.

If I'm right about this, Heath Shuler, who's a former quarterback for the Redskins, ran as a conservative Democrat this time around and won. He ran for Congress a few years back as a Republican, losing that time.

Same thing with Webb in Virginia, and a few other places. They switched parties and won, even though they are nearly as conservative as the Republicans they ran against.
          Agreed.

Like I said in another thread, the people of Virginia either got Republican or Republican-lite for Senator in this election.

People don't realize that Jim Webb campaigned hard for George Allen to get the previous Democratica Senator (Chuck Robb) tossed out of office.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Anyway, I think we can all agree that it's a good thing that Rumsfeld is out.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
              Geezus, Lounge, you would think you'd be happy about them not pulling the October surprise.

You'd be screaming bloody murder if they had pulled that and then whined if we had one the election.

Again, and example between whiny sore losers and bad arrogant winners.
              gimme a break you neocon puke.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                Anyway, I think we can all agree that it's a good thing that Rumsfeld is out.

ok, we can agree on that
                gnaw on it

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                  Sniper
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  Where'd I say I'm not happy about this?

Why is reading comprehension never a "Republican Value"?

I'm just pointing out what many FORMER Republican Congressmen are thinking right now.....

You guys can't get even the simplest shit right.

My beef is you're calling it a fuck up as if you know exactly that is what transpired.

Look, none of us will know why Rummy decided to wait till after the election. I'm pointing out that if he had done this prior to the election you would have seen such an uproar on the left and in the media like no other.

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                    Sniper
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                    Does it really take a genius to figure out that there'd be an unstoppable guerilla war? We didn't secure ammo dumps and we let the army melt into the population, because we skimped on the troops.

All you had to do was watch Israel and the Fedayeen vidoes saddam put out to know what would happen.

Wake up. It was extreme incompetence at best... or worse.
                    Hey, OD, hello the fuck to you, tool!!! I was beginning to wonder if you still dragged yer knuckles around these parts.

My post was in indication that most media mongers are claiming that the white house had no inkling that their would be difficultiies in securing iraq. Well, no shit!

Is it unstoppable as you claim? I don't think so. I believe once the seed of democracy is planted change is bound to take place. But like every garden your're fighting weeds that want to continue infesting themselve.

So do you continue to tend the garden, or just walk away and say fuck it.

Don't dwell on coulda, woulda, shoulda...

What the fuck do you suggest happens now?

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                      Sniper
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      ok, we can agree on that
                      Agreed.

Comment

Working...