Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The Dollar is only worth what you can trade it for and confidence is waining. It's nothing more than some paper or code in a computer.

Compared to oil the Dollar is nothing. We are going for the real wealth. The last cheap oil reserves in the world and we are willing to do anything to get it. The puppet govt. thing didn't work in Iraq, so we will bomb Iran this winter and make the oil even more valuable. We have plenty of nasty weapons to keep the Iranians at bay or that's what the war mongers think. Dick and Monkey Brain even have tactical nukes on the table for this one.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

There is one team - and you're not on it. You'll never be on it. You're just another of the faceless douchebags financing it and cheering it on.

Yup. Japan has it's Shogun hiearchy that runs it's huge business and banking conglomerates.

North America and Europe have their international banking hiearchy. The Rothschilds being in power for appox. 300 years and the Rockefellers being in power for approx. 100 years in North America. All have very powerful ties in industry, business, and politics.

Unless you are in the inner circle of the Council on Foriegn Relations; you aren't in the club. Dick Chenney was chairman. About any real power wielding politician is in the club and some of the most successful business leaders.

Unless you personally know David Rockefeller: you're out of the loop. Bono found this out. LOL! He did get to meet David Rockefeller but I don't think Mr. Rockefeller was interested in forgiving third world debt. since it's how he extorts the raw resources he so loves from these poor countries.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag

My point is that there are not two teams, like you so desperately want to believe.

There is one team - and you're not on it. You'll never be on it. You're just another of the faceless douchebags financing it and cheering it on.
        Neither are you.

Nor will you ever be.

But some of us prefer to shine a light on who the major offenders are, and if you had half the brain you claim, you'd know the record 9Trillion dollar debt is LARGELY the fault of Reagan, Bush Sr, and King George.

But feel free to continue to think you have any more insight and / or control than any of us.

Yakima being the financial hub of the Western World and all....

It's a fucking politcal message board [bored] dedicated to an aging rock star clinging to his legacy with both hands.

If you want to impress someone, go post your shit at Bloomberg.

We're just letting off steam. You actually think you're here to make a difference.

And I enjoy laughing at that.

Dr. Pibb for everyone! I'm buying

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

Why is it when you tout the virtues of democrats, you're letting off steam...but when I say the two parties are indistinguishable, I'm "making a difference?" To let off steam, you had to have actually done something during the day. Playing on the internet doesn't count.

And I defy you to show me where I ever said I had a brain.

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            you'd know the record 9Trillion dollar debt is LARGELY the fault of Reagan, Bush Sr, and King George.
            Yakima being the financial hub of the Western World and all....
            I can't resist... please tell me how the current debt is the fault of Reagan and Bush Sr. (but not Clinton, of course!) when their debt has already been retired?

And don't you dare make fun of my beloved Yakima...the nerve.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I can't resist... please tell me how the current debt is the fault of Reagan and Bush Sr. (but not Clinton, of course!) when their debt has already been retired?

And don't you dare make fun of my beloved Yakima...the nerve.

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter"

- Richard B. Cheney 2001

99% of the policy shop wonks and foreign policy hawks in this administration are/were retread leftovers from Reagan Bush I

Cheney
              Wolfowitz
              Perle
              Negromponte
              Poindexter
              Rumsfeld
              Baker

He's been surrounded by Daddy and The Gipper's henchmen since day one.

Were we not in surplus at the end of Bubba's reign?

Large Defense Contracts and Tax Cuts for the Uber Wealthy.

Think Chimpy dreamed that up in Crawford himself?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Why is it when you tout the virtues of democrats, you're letting off steam...but when I say the two parties are indistinguishable, I'm "making a difference?" To let off steam, you had to have actually done something during the day. Playing on the internet doesn't count.

And I defy you to show me where I ever said I had a brain.
                I defy you to show me where I've said The dems have virtues.

In theory, there is a difference between the two.

And until a 3rd party becomes viable enough to scare the Dems back to their roots [FDR - New Deal] [JFK - New Frontier] then yes, they're going to be Repuke-Lite. i.e. Shrillary.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Well Done Republicans..."

I wonder when people will wise up and stop the 'my team is the good guys' bullshit? Until then, there will never be any accountability.

You know I have no love lost for Bush. But tell me - who approves the budget? Who approves the special appropriations? Who approved the last $80 billion?

Can't be your beloved democrats, because we need to vote them in next time, right? Baa. Baa.
                  A lot of those appropriations are going to that giant sucking sound in the Middle East quagmire...

Something the the Democrats are trying to stop, or at least, reduce significantly...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

FROM WORLD NUT DAILY, NO LESS

Bush spending up to 5 times more than Clinton
                    Reagan Revolution architect calls it 'era of obese government'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Posted: August 3, 2006
                    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Federal spending under the Bush administration has grown five times larger than that during the second term of the Clinton administration, charges a conservative Republican activist in a new book that paints the president as a traitor to his party.

In "Conservatives Betrayed," Richard Viguerie, credited with being one of the architects of the Reagan Revolution, says George W. Bush has set the stage for the punishment of his party by voters.

Viguerie compares spending by the federal government, adjusted for inflation, during the Clinton years vs. the Bush years. In Clinton's first term, federal expenditures rose 4.7 percent. In his second term, they rose 3.7 percent. In the first term of the Bush administration, however, spending rose 19.2 percent.

"If ever there was a case for divided government, here it is," writes Viguerie. "The lesson for many Americans is that today's Republicans cannot be trusted with the keys to both the executive and legislative branches of the federal government."

No matter how you slice it, Viguerie says, Bush makes Clinton look like a spending piker by comparison. For instance, the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University in New York keeps records that show how much the federal government spends on average each year for each person in the country. When this standard of measurement is used, the comparison between the two administrations is even more pronounced.

Cumulative growth in federal expenditures, adjusted for inflation, during the Clinton years actually shrunk by 1.1 percent. Yet, in the Bush first term, it rose 15 percent.

"During President Bush's first five years in office, the federal government increased by $616 billion," Viguerie writes. "That's a mammoth 33 percent jump in the size of the federal government in just his first five years! To put this in perspective, this increase of $616 billion is more than the entire federal budget in Jimmy Carter's last years in office. And conservatives were complaining about Big Government back then! How can Bush, (Dennis) Hastert, (Bill) Frist and company look us in the eye and tell us they are fiscal conservatives when in five short years they increased the already-bloated government by more than the budget for the entire federal government when Ronald Reagan was assuming office?"
                    Richard Viguerie

Another standard of comparison offered by Viguerie is discretionary domestic spending, adjusted for inflation.

"When we strip away defense, homeland security and entitlements and adjust for inflation, leaving only discretionary domestic spending, George W. Bush has grown the federal government at a faster pace than Lyndon Baines Johnson," Viguerie writes. "His record for profligate spending is outmatched (for the time being) only by another Big Government Republican, Richard Nixon. And when Bush's second term is over, there's every reason to expect that Bush will hold the record as the president who's grown the federal government at its fastest pace in modern times."

The numbers?

Johnson: 4.1 percent

Nixon/Ford: 5 percent

Carter: 1.6 percent

Reagan: 1.4 percent

Bush I: 3.8 percent

Clinton: 2.1 percent

Bush II: 4.8 percent
                    Viguerie compares the modern presidents on the use of the veto, too. While Johnson used the veto power 30 times, Nixon 43, Ford 66, Carter 31, Reagan 78, Bush I 44 and Clinton 36, Bush didn't use it at all in his first term and has used it just once – for a non-spending issue – in his second term.

"Bush apologists give the excuse that it's harder to veto bills that are passed by your own party," Viguerie writes. "Yet LBJ and Carter each cast 30 or more vetoes while their own party controlled Congress. In fact, the all-time master of the veto was Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He used the veto power an incredible 636 times during his four terms – despite having a Democratic Congress with majorities as lopsided as 75-17 in the Senate and 333-89 in the House! Congress overrode his vetoes a mere nine times."

Yet another formula for measuring presidential fiscal responsibility, according to Viguerie, is rescissions. Reagan used rescission power to rescind funds authorized by Congress. Ford rescinded $7.9 billion in spending. Carter rescinded $4.6 billion, Reagan $43.4 billion, Bush I $13.1 billion, Clinton $6.6 billion.

But George W. Bush has not rescinded even $1 in congressional spending.

"The best illustration of the corrupting influence of power on the Republicans is the explosion of pork-barrel spending projects since 2000," says Viguerie.

Viguerie points to a 121 percent increase in pork-barrel earmarks in the first five years of the Bush administration.

"The size of the federal government is the single most important barometer of the health of the American republic," writes Viguerie. "When domestic federal spending goes up, it's a surefire indicator that something is wrong. And the way spending has been increasing under the Bush administration and the Republican Congress shows that things are seriously wrong."

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by WACF
                      How the hell do you pay that off?

It would take years(decades) just to help lower interest payments enough to have extra money available every budget.
                      we could start making countries pay us back for money we have given them.
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Eddie's Booze
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                        HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
                        http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...moking_dog.jpg

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                          What do you mean?

Foreign Aid? Loans?

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter"

- Richard B. Cheney 2001

99% of the policy shop wonks and foreign policy hawks in this administration are/were retread leftovers from Reagan Bush I

Cheney
                            Wolfowitz
                            Perle
                            Negromponte
                            Poindexter
                            Rumsfeld
                            Baker

He's been surrounded by Daddy and The Gipper's henchmen since day one.

Were we not in surplus at the end of Bubba's reign?

Large Defense Contracts and Tax Cuts for the Uber Wealthy.

Think Chimpy dreamed that up in Crawford himself?
                            Well, that was long. Let me ask the question again: "please tell me how the current debt is the fault of Reagan and Bush Sr. (but not Clinton, of course!) when their debt has already been retired?"

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

In theory, there is a difference between the two.
                              And of course, we live in a theoretical world. So let's theoretically keep blaming republicans for everything while theoretically building up the democrats. Meanwhile, in reality, they both need to be held accountable.

Comment

• Blackflag
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Something the the Democrats are trying to stop, or at least, reduce significantly...
                                Only a hard core sheep could say that with a straight face.

Comment

Working...