Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Let's Rock, your brutish ways are nothing new.
    Same story, different person, and scene change.
    It does not even matter at what level of presentation.
    You are not incomparable, nor is your views, ideas or aura.

Simply because you will retaliate if ignored or disassociated, is not the reason you are not ignored or disassociated. A predator is a predator and each is handled in it's own way. Moreover, it shows your need of dogma (for good or bad). Don't fool yourself you are neither, angel nor demon, you are human. And no amount of refinement of skills changes that fact.

Had you been shown or learned what care and concern actually is, you would not have to prove to yourself time and over that care and concern is for you. You would know what it is and have it. And when you have it, no one needs to be sold on the idea that they care or concern for you. It will come naturally, not only through false or misleading propaganda (no matter what sort).
    Last edited by standin; 07-16-2009, 01:12 PM.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• letsrock
      Veteran
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by standin
      Let's Rock, your brutish ways are nothing new.
      Same story, different person, and scene change.
      It does not even matter at what level of presentation.
      You are not incomparable, nor is your views, ideas or aura.

Simply because you will retaliate if ignored or disassociated, is not the reason you are not ignored or disassociated. A predator is a predator and each is handled in it's own way. Moreover, it shows your need to cling to dogma ways. Don't fool yourself you are neither, angel nor demon, you are human. And no amount of refinement of skills changes that fact.

Had you been shown or learned what care and concern actually is, you would not have to prove to yourself time and over that care and concern is for you. You would know what it is and have it. And when you have it, no one needs to be sold on the idea that they care or concern for you. It will come naturally, not only through false or misleading propaganda (no matter what sort).
      No idea what your talking about here.
      If your having a bad day, sorry to hear that.

I asked simply "how much land is there".
      So now i'm being a predator?

Interesting, i thought i was suppose to make this stuff up.

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

I am not having a bad day at all. Good day actually...

Here is a beginning resource for you.

Antarctica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Last edited by standin; 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM.
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• letsrock
          Veteran
          • Mar 2007

Thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Those facts does not change the fact that I want to see the Antarctic ice caps gone, at least enough to see the Antarctica ground.
            At that point warming increases because there is no white snow and ice to reflect the sun rays.

In any case you will either be under water if you live near a coast or paying massive taxes to your government to build defences for yhose who are.

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

according to the link that is above it will take thousands of years for the sea to rise 2 meters.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A few inches will pretty much flood coastal cities...

Comment

• letsrock
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2007

Only if they are built like New Orleans, under sea level. But think of the Atlantic coast.
                  They are more than a few inches off the mark.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by letsrock
                    according to the link that is above it will take thousands of years for the sea to rise 2 meters.
                    The wikipedia link?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is one of the happier ones...

Sea level rise from Antarctic melt less severe than previously predicted: Scientific American Blog

Sea level rise from Antarctic melt less severe than previously predicted

A new estimate puts maximum global sea level rise from the collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet at 10.5 feet (3.2 meters)—not the 16 feet (five meters) or more predicted in the past.

The latest research indicates that this massive ice sheet is unlikely to disappear completely, limiting the damage as it melts. Glaciologist Jonathan Bamber of the University of Bristol in England and his colleagues modeled the collapse of the ice sheet based on the relative likelihood of a given section vanishing completely.

Their work suggests only those parts of the ice sheet that are grounded below sea level or sloping downwards would collapse. Those parts of the sheet grounded above sea level or on bedrock that slopes upwards would remain in place.

If that theory holds, the maximum sea level rise in the next century would be nearly three feet (81 centimeters), the researchers write in Science.

The results say nothing about disappearing ice sheets elsewhere. Bolivia's Chacaltaya Glacier has already melted away. And Greenland, which holds enough ice to raise sea levels by 23 feet (seven meters), is shrinking. Change can happen quickly. Fossil coral and other records show historic sea level rises of more than six feet (two meters) in as little as 50 years.

Given that West Antarctica, where this ice sheet is located, is warming faster than the rest of the icy continent and gravitational effects from less ice there would change the Earth's rotation and boost sea levels from Boston to Jacksonville by as much as 23 feet (seven meters), residents might want to prepare for a more watery future.

Comment

• standin
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        At that point warming increases because there is no white snow and ice to reflect the sun rays.

In any case you will either be under water if you live near a coast or paying massive taxes to your government to build defences for yhose who are.
                        I know, and I feel awful about having a want (a profound desire) to see that ground. Maybe, if I just got a significant soil sample from a bore that might satisfy me. In addition, most likely, I would be very concerned for those living close to today's era sea level. I do not think I would put my desire to see the ground of the Antarctica before whole cities and regions. Nevertheless, if it were to happen, they would migrate, recover, or go away.

Really, to get a solid ice clearing an event shifting the Earth's axis 67 degree would do nicely. In addition, that would clear the Siberian spot I want to see.

However, eh, science fiction, most likely an event will not occur for a partial axis shift.

MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Bin Laden is in Antartica.

Comment

• Dolemite!
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

Here is a off the top of my head source for your answer.

The Danish revolution, 1500-1800: an ... - Google Books

Sorry, I can't quote from it easily.

During the time period of about 1000 yeas ago would put they time line at the early 1900's. Ecology, generally, moves slower than world events. It was during that grand era that the major deforestation happened for fuel and resource reason. Furthermore, there was no reforestation ethics or mandates.
                            It would take the ecosystem a flip or two to level out and recover to the next point (for good or bad).

I thought that graph was looking at figures in the thousands, not a few thousand years ago.

Why do you want to see the ground in Antartica?

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

Here's more complete data.
                              Note Ice Core Analysis is a new Field. The further back in time, means deeper samples and the less reliable the date is. Losing approx 10,000 consistently on a regular basis it is estimated, but not known. It is still being researched how to depressurize Ice Core samples for accurate time data. Furthermore ice is a fluid nature that conforms to its directional flow and pressures, such as shifts in the tectonic plates creating new pressures or releases.
                              That said~

420,000 years of ice core data from Vostok, Antarctica research station.

Current period is at left.

From bottom to top: Solar variation at 65°N due to Milankovitch cycles (connected to 18O). 18O isotope of oxygen. Levels of methane (CH4). Relative temperature. Levels of carbon dioxide (CO2).

I favor the Antarctica, Dolomite.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Big enough for ya ??

There's a way (right there on the site) to change the size of that graph...

Comment

Working...