X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Elfoid_TFS
    Groupie
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blackflag
    I didn't say 'when,' dickboy, I said, "what." Neither you nor Nickipedia can answer what it is you think was 'won' in Afghanistan.
    My point was that the Taliban were on the run, they were being defeated and had control of no major regions of the country. While they still had numbers, they weren't actively making many attacks, were able to move far less freely, and had control over a meaningless amount of land. They won the battle, the reason they have been losing the war is because they declared the job done, shifted focus to Iraq and left the Taliban to regroup and reclaim power. With the media storm surrounding Iraq, even when the Taliban's renewed strength became obvious, the military continued to treat it as a second-rate threat when they shouldn't have. Probably didn't want to admit they'd said the job was done when it wasn't, to add to their already miserably tarnished record in the War On Terror.

I didn't check Wikipedia once just then, a lot of my knowledge comes from elsewhere. I'm new to this forum - you don't know me or what I know. And just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you should lower the tone and make insults - let's have a nice, friendly discussion like the mature adults I'd hope we can be, or fuck off kindly.

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    They dont teach sarcasm in Yakima Public Schools?

moron
    Hilarious :P

For the record, I wasn't stating winning the initial stages was an achievement - when America went into Afghanistan they ate the Afghan forces for breakfast without any difficulty.

My point was that Blackflag said "what did we win?" and I was explaining that the war was won - the Taliban decimated. They disappeared for two years. The fight should have continued then, to track down what was left, but really when the Taliban returned in September 2003, it was a new fight and a new war. That war, NATO lost pretty shockingly. And with the media storm having shifted to Iraq by that point, not an awful lot of people cared about Afghanistan then - it was old news, and we had a new war to pay attention to.

I've describe my take several times, Blackfagitry, you're just too thick...and typically distill it down to a "black-and-white" bottom line, like most morons...
    Replying to an argument with insults like that is fine, since you've attempted to offer a constructive discussion. Unlike BlackFlag, who in his first response to a post of mine instantly had such a feeble argument in his favour that he had to rely on petty insults to support his case. Which, when I'm a complete newcomer here, is pretty shocking. I don't meet people like that very often, I forget such lower echelons of society haven't been culled yet.

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by The Elfoid_TFS
      My point was that Blackflag said "what did we win?" and I was explaining that the war was won - the Taliban decimated. They disappeared for two years.
      You lost once you contradicted yourself. Were they decimated? Because that could be construed as 'winning,' I supposed. But they weren't. They were allowed to "disappear." So, unless you plan on occupying forever, nothing was won. Unless you plan on occupying Pakistan, also, nothing was won. Nothing is ever won in occupation, as Iraq shows. There's nothing different about Afghanistan. You can occupy that place forever, and you'll still never win anything.

The only reason people want to think something is "winnable" in Afghanistan, as opposed to Iraq, is because they'll agree with whatever Obama says. And that's just fucking pathetic.

Dickboy.

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
        Groupie
        • Jun 2009

I didn't say it was winnable. The chance has been lost now.

They were decimated. For two years they couldn't make any major constructive moves and were forced into hiding. I don't know how else you could define that.

I love how you've now changed the topic completely, and attempted to make it look like I think it's a winnable war, that I'm an Obama supporter (when I've yet to state any political views whatsoever, and believe you me plenty of people hate him even if plenty of people love him). You're telling me that occupation won't get 'us' anywhere, when I never said it would. You're creating all this, when I haven't said anything of the like. It is perplexing.

Nice attempt at shifting the argument to a completely different one where you know you can win it, but I saw the move and shifting to a topic where I agree with you isn't a wise move.

I give everyone a chance...from what I can tell, most people on here don't think I should give you one...I'll play your silly little game a while longer.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Friendly bit of advice, Junior....

If you get offended easily, this is not the forum for you....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

I didn't say it was winnable.
            He was winning in 2003,
            Douchebag.

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
              Groupie
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Friendly bit of advice, Junior....

If you get offended easily, this is not the forum for you....
              I don't get angered, offended or upset easily. I just get disappointed in being reminded I'm of the same species as these rejects. They piss all over Darwin's theory of evolution by existing.

Douchebag.
              "was" not "can"

You're failing beautifully here. If this wasn't my argument, I'd post an epic fail image here, hopefully someone else will.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

You're failing beautifully here. If this wasn't my argument, I'd post an epic fail image here, hopefully someone else will.
                He's collected all of them already.

Soon his av will be added to FailBlog as an example of fail.

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  Soon his av will be added to FailBlog as an example of fail.
                  Considering Obama's in my avatar, I'd say you're right.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Considering Obama's in my avatar, I'd say you're right.
                    Doesn't matter which one you use.....cock hunter.

I actually googled "The Biggest Loser" and all of your posts come up, along with NORAD's picture of your house.

Gimp.

Comment

Working...