Beating a dead horse here, but great article nonetheless.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

And a Federal Reserve Note is backed by NOTHING. At least Silver Certificates were backed by the US Government's silver reserves.
    I always found our current currency odd. Sometimes on eBay you can find silver bars for sale that are from the Fed where people took their certificates in somewhere & basically cashed in...traded the note for the silver.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• standin
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

You should call your doctor. Apparently your prescription has run out.
      If you want to partake in a drag-about, that is one choice you can make.

In doing so, I would begin by pointing out you need to let go of the teat.
      Furthermore your choice to picture a man whose accomplishment was being able to yell load obscenities as a comedy routine demonstrates the lack of confidence in your argument that you are presenting.

However, I will take your comment in stride, taking note that is was made late in the evening, therefore subject to possible fatigued state of being.

That said, I will close this comment and respond to your post in a fresh reply.
      ~`~
      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

Kennedy signed an executive order in 1963 which returned the authority to issue new silver certificates (and specify denominations) back to the U.S. Treasury. Previously the FED was the only entity allowed to issue currency.

And a Federal Reserve Note is backed by NOTHING. At least Silver Certificates were backed by the US Government's silver reserves.

Once JFK was gone (who the fuck cares WHO did it) all Silver Certificates were recalled. And again, the authority to issue currency remained with the FED, who issues Federal Reserve Notes in direct violation of the US Constitution.

IF our currency was still on a standard (Gold or Silver), then we would be in much better shape, as there would be no such thing as 'inflation', for the most part.

As it is, the fucking Fed only has to ask the Dept. Of Printing & Engraving to print up more money, then it loans the money to the UNITED STATES TAXPAYER CHARGING INTEREST! So not only is the Fed actively driving us further into debt, the more money it prints up, the less each dollar is actually worth.

As always, when we get a president in office who tries to actually do something to improve our country, there are always people out there hellbent on destroying our country who will do all they can to prevent the president from achieving his goals.

The gold or pickle standard is both based on faith. There is no logical reason for gold or silver to be of more value than the word of the person hold the product.

What is a standard, if you want one that is realistic is the land standard. There is limited supply and can produce worth.

~
        As always, when we get a president in office who tries to actually do something to improve our country, there are always people out there hellbent on destroying our country who will do all they can to prevent the president from achieving his goals.
        Again, I state:

Corruption happens, always did always will, but just like the scary corruption of the Mississippi Burning eras, it can be confronted, removed and/or cleaned. Murder has no statue of limitations. And even if the guilty die before confession or accountability. There is no reason to say, "yep, that's it nothing can be done now"... And not continue working toward accountability of business and governmental agencies.

And also an example of out of control corruption being reinged in.

Cambodian court jails US man for child sex - Yahoo! News

Though, it is not related to the corruption you believe to be the case within Dallas, it is an example of a conscious effort to start in a new way for a country riled with corruption of the most vile nature.

But here is a closer less monumential step being taking
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
          Veteran
          • Apr 2009

Opps, I had to fend off an..

Not sure what it was but froze the computer in a really weird way. Couldn't even shut down the Internet traffic.

But here was the last sentence. I tired to get back soon enough to clean up the spelling errors, but the edit feature has lapsed by the time I got back.

CIA torture probe draws fire from all sides
          CIA torture probe draws fire from all sides - Yahoo! News
          MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The Bush Administration did a HUGE amount of damage to the country. The thing is, why isn't Obama repealing the Patriot Act and reinstating the banking regulation laws Clinton repealed? Instead he's expanded the wars, continued to reward the crooked bankers and corporations, he's pushing for HUGE govt. and HUGE taxes. He is making the problems Clinton and Bush caused worse.
            Those are the questions I keep asking myself.

Pelosi and Reid are fucking useless, period, so there's no help there. I am no Obama apologist and the only hope I have is that he's only been in office less than 8 months. I gave no free passes to Bush and I will give no free passes to Obama. The points you mention are the big ones I would of fixed first before doing anything else. I would of dealt with Iraq and Gitmo at the same time too. The argument that he is just putting a band-aid on things to keep this country going is all fine and dandy but fixing the root cause of our problem has to be addressed at some point or we'll be right back in the same mess we are now, at some later point and time.

We can not be isolationist but we can't be the world police either. We need a balance in our foreign policy but more importantly we need to focus on the US first and foremost. Obama inherited two wars, (war is the wrong word since we won the war but are losing the occupation) that have been a cluster fuck. I do agree that we need to stop the focus on Iraq and at least get the poppy crops under control in Afghanistan but we need to get out of there, too.

He's done some good things and some things I just shake my head and say WTF!

I can understand the perception that if he goes after the previous administration he'll look vindictive but right is right, no matter what the political or popular opinion is. We need to have hearings on the crimes Bush Co perpetrated on this country. People need to be held accountable for their actions whether or not they are currently in office.

As far as the banking and Wall Street crimes, we need regulation and we need safeguards put in place so this never happens again.....you know the old saying, "Learn from your mistakes". Will that ever happen and is our current political system so corrupt, so beholden to special interests that no real reform will ever happen? 50/50 at best.
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Master Yoda
              Look to false messiahs for salvation, one must not. Joined the dark side Obama has, hmmpph. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now.
              What the fuck would YOU know about the dark side you short sighted green bitch-midget?

At least I had balls enough to stick my feet in BOTH ends of the pool, you mongoloid 900 year old virgin!

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Balls have you? Eunachkin?
                Yeah, let me know when you nail HER and then we'll start talking about who has the testicles here, dwarf.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    No shit, huh?

What we would do with him was ban every alias he tried to register so he had to post under his Gargle handle. Saved the other posters a lot of wasted space....
                    Sounds like a reasonable idea.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Balls have you? Eunachkin?
                      Okay, that's pretty funny. Fail, but still funny.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                        The banks don't have any power that we (as a people) don't give them. About 2 years ago when this shit started to go down, I decided I didn't want to belong to a credit society. I paid off all my credit cards. I paid all my loans, except my car loan and my student loan, and I started saving a significant amount of money every month from not having to make all those additional payments. I turned around and paid off 1 of my 2 student loans.

This year I'll pay off the other (25 years ahead of schedule) or pay off my car (3 years ahead of schedule). Next year I'll pay off the other. Additionally, I've taken a european vacation, bought a new entertainment center and new king sized bed + mattress -- all with cash. I don't buy anything unless I have the cash to buy it. I save up. The anticipation and planning actually makes the end result of my purchase more satisfying instead of charging it to a card and wondering how I'm going to pay yet another bill. My credit score has soared from paying down all my debts and closing the accounts I previously had.

That doesn't really matter to me. I don't plan on buying anything on credit. Not a car. Not a house. Nothing. When my girlfriend and I get married, her entire income will be diverted to savings; I already make enough to support us both and still be able to save 1/3 of my own income already based on not being under a mountain of credit card bills.

If you don't want a bank to control your immediate life, don't sign up to be their slaves. If you don't want the banks to control our society, then a lot of us have to change how we run our own lives. It's not hard. It just takes dedication and discipline, not revolution.

For a lot of people in this country, it's a lot easier to strap a gun to their hip and try to make some asinine point that they are defending themselves than it is to clean up their own lives and lead by example. What a shame.

And if Obama is owned by the banks, why did they cram through the credit card reform that was supposed to help so many? Or is that some sort of Trojan horse to you guys?
                        The best way to live is not to owe anyone but with the bankers bailout, you will be forced to pay a lot of your hard earned money to bail out the banks who overloaned to suckers. This is why I hate the bailout. It punishes the people who stayed solvent and rewards the reckless.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                          Those are the questions I keep asking myself.

Pelosi and Reid are fucking useless, period, so there's no help there. I am no Obama apologist and the only hope I have is that he's only been in office less than 8 months. I gave no free passes to Bush and I will give no free passes to Obama. The points you mention are the big ones I would of fixed first before doing anything else. I would of dealt with Iraq and Gitmo at the same time too. The argument that he is just putting a band-aid on things to keep this country going is all fine and dandy but fixing the root cause of our problem has to be addressed at some point or we'll be right back in the same mess we are now, at some later point and time.

We can not be isolationist but we can't be the world police either. We need a balance in our foreign policy but more importantly we need to focus on the US first and foremost. Obama inherited two wars, (war is the wrong word since we won the war but are losing the occupation) that have been a cluster fuck. I do agree that we need to stop the focus on Iraq and at least get the poppy crops under control in Afghanistan but we need to get out of there, too.

He's done some good things and some things I just shake my head and say WTF!

I can understand the perception that if he goes after the previous administration he'll look vindictive but right is right, no matter what the political or popular opinion is. We need to have hearings on the crimes Bush Co perpetrated on this country. People need to be held accountable for their actions whether or not they are currently in office.

As far as the banking and Wall Street crimes, we need regulation and we need safeguards put in place so this never happens again.....you know the old saying, "Learn from your mistakes". Will that ever happen and is our current political system so corrupt, so beholden to special interests that no real reform will ever happen? 50/50 at best.
                          If the Democrats hated what Bush/Chenney did in two terms why aren't they using their majority vote to undo the damage? Why aren't they tearing the Patriot Act to shreds? Why aren't they doing anything to reduce the troops in the middle east? Why aren't they tossing No Child Left Behind? I think they are really saying,"Oh thank you Bush for the power you have given us! We will blame you but we will continue to screw the American people and add to the screwing."
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            If the Democrats hated what Bush/Chenney did in two terms why aren't they using their majority vote to undo the damage? Why aren't they tearing the Patriot Act to shreds? Why aren't they doing anything to reduce the troops in the middle east? Why aren't they tossing No Child Left Behind? I think they are really saying,"Oh thank you Bush for the power you have given us! We will blame you but we will continue to screw the American people and add to the screwing."
                            In a perfect world and we all know the world of politics is not a perfect world but....I'll say it again, Reid and Pelosi are fuckwads!!!!!!!!!!!! The leadership and the majority the Dems have, they are pissing it away and guess what dumbfucks you have a mid-term election happening next year.......shit or get off the pot. I'll say it now the voting public will take a huge right turn if the Dems don't start showing signs of forward progress.

They have a huge mess to clean up...... Financial problems here and abroad, occupations of two countries, a crumbling domestic infrastructure, public schools falling apart/behind the rest of the world, the biggest deficit we've ever had and growing, and on and on.

The housing market has done it's traditional end of summer spike but I still say there's way more inventory than buyers so I don't see the housing market coming back strong anytime soon. Way to bloating over the last decade and it was never sustainable IMO.

The Patriot Act will never be taken away, it may get amended but once a bureaucracy is started they usually never go away or get dismantled, your job is safe if you work for the DHS. Holding the CIA, FBI, Dick Cheney and the others accountable for warrant-less wiretaps and spying on millions of Americans......has been well documented and has been all over the news lately, so I do see that coming into play soon.

The question I have about Iraq is. How many private contractors will still be over there and will the US still be picking up the tab for those contractors.......you don't hear much from Obama or the mainstream media about that one, at least I haven't.

As per the agreement Bush made, we have to be out by the end of 2011 and Obama has stated it will be earlier than that. How many troops we swap out to Afghanistan and how many troops we actual bring home remains to be seen, he has about a year, to do it in if he stays true to his word.

There has been some progress made, not enough but I go back to, less than 8 months in office is not a ton of time. Normally or on an average, any policies made in the last six months will take at least a year or so to see the benefits maybe longer.......that's usually true no matter who the President is Repuke or Dem or who has the majority in congress.

You know I have to......at this time in the first year of Bush's Presidency he had taken how many vacations? :tongue0011:
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Okay, that's pretty funny. Fail, but still funny.
                              Pretty low standards for humor, hunh?

It's OK.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Guess again, you can. Fuck your wife I did. Biatch.

Lu.scio.us Hentai - Album:Sinful Comic - Yoda & Padme - Page 1
                                Weak, Gar.

Very.

Very.

Weak.

And I still owned your bitch ass. How soon til you get bored with your stupid fucking alias, anyway?
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...