Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

I am saying that your thought process is faulty.
    If you do not see what is wrong with your statements, you have a deviant personality issue.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Standin has a good point, Big Train. If you don't agree with his (her?) point, then you have a personality defect or character flaw.

Might as well hang up the gloves, there's no way you can compete with such debating skills.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• standin
        Veteran
        • Apr 2009

What I was trying to politely say is that he was showing criminal leanings,
        He suggested clearing up one inappropriate behavior with using another inappropriate behavior.
        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Seems to me what he's saying is that we should have higher standards for the Secretary of the Treasury than we do for other people.

Yeah, it's easy to mess up your taxes. But he's not just another guy, he's a high ranking administration official and deserves to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us.

Comment

• standin
            Veteran
            • Apr 2009

That is true. And some people go their whole life with nary a speeding, parking ticket or accident.
            But just because they do does not make them qualified or able to run the Department of Transportation.
            But maybe the person running the Department of Transportation has nary a parking ticket and nary a speeding ticket.
            However, if DOT person has a ticket doing 105 in a 45 that would be reckless abandon. Or a ticket driving a 18-wheeler without a CDL.

If the SoT guy had some really baddies in his basket, BT would have been serving it up.

But misclassification of expenses with no numbers or levels involved is sugar water.
            Last edited by standin; 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM.
            MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I think the analogy may be more in line if you supposed the person running the department of transportation had habitually speeding/parking tickets and then paid the wrong amounts/paid late/didn't pay.

Just a sloppiness and lack of attention to detail that you don't really want in a person that is running an agency for the federal government.

Comment

• standin
                Veteran
                • Apr 2009

You have to admit, there are some areas of the tax code chocked full of speed traps and other areas you will go on for millions never seeing stop sign or a soul.
                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Yes, but I'm very careful with my taxes and make sure it's reviewed so that I do my best to avoid running afoul of the IRS.

I'd be much happier with no income tax and a tax on goods and services instead.

Comment

• standin
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2009

A person can go their whole life and never get audited. They may get audited once, but if anyone or any company gets audited on a regular basis, they will have tax code violations. It is just a matter of to what extent will they all be noticed?
                    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                      Yes, but I'm very careful with my taxes and make sure it's reviewed so that I do my best to avoid running afoul of the IRS.

I'd be much happier with no income tax and a tax on goods and services instead.
                      We all hate audits. There is not a citizen alive you can't find SOMETHING they did not do correct on their taxes.

I am not sure what country runs their tax system like that, can you give me an example?
                      Last edited by standin; 10-25-2009, 06:37 PM.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I couldn't agree more the first step is getting rid of the Federal Reserve.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• standin
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2009

Oh goodness the conspirators are noticing rainbows in the water again........
                          MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Before the Federal Reserve we had two other central banks. Both of those failed. The Federal Reserve will fail but that will be due to the US Dollar failing. When the FED auctions $100 million of bonds and the rest of the world only wants to buy $80 million that's when you run for the hills. If the Fed fails other central banks will go with it. The result would be a global distrust in fiat currency.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Big Train
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by standin
                              What I was trying to politely say is that he was showing criminal leanings,
                              He suggested clearing up one inappropriate behavior with using another inappropriate behavior.
                              Thanks for being polite about calling me a criminal.

Anyway, that isn't what I'm saying at all, nor do I understand why you would go down that path.

All I'm saying is that when he was filing out those tax forms, he had access to key people in the IRS who could have easily cleared it up for him, thus avoiding any criminality at all!

I'm saying him just saying it wasn't his fault is much more dubious given the actions he could have easily have taken in the first place.

Comment

• standin
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Before the Federal Reserve we had two other central banks. Both of those failed. The Federal Reserve will fail but that will be due to the US Dollar failing. When the FED auctions $100 million of bonds and the rest of the world only wants to buy $80 million that's when you run for the hills. If the Fed fails other central banks will go with it. The result would be a global distrust in fiat currency.
                                And all empires have ended except Russia. Go figure.
                                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...