X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Big Train
    Thanks for being polite about calling me a criminal.

Anyway, that isn't what I'm saying at all, nor do I understand why you would go down that path.

All I'm saying is that when he was filing out those tax forms, he had access to key people in the IRS who could have easily cleared it up for him, thus avoiding any criminality at all!

I'm saying him just saying it wasn't his fault is much more dubious given the actions he could have easily have taken in the first place.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by standin
      And all empires have ended except Russia. Go figure.
      Empire America will fail and it will implode into itself causing civil unrest here. That being said, what will come on the other side of this? I have no idea. Fortunes will be lost, lifestyles will be shattered but will America ideal of personal freedom be washed away and replaced with corporate fascism? I see the world falling into two camps. The corporate fascists vs. the communists. Europe/America vs. China/Russia.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

One thing for sure. There is no such thing as a secure job anymore and there is no such thing as a safe haven in the financial world anymore. This is the big real change. The systems we have relied on are shaky and can fail at anytime. The system seems to be going down.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, YOU MIGHT want to start thinking about removing some of the criminals in there right now:

D Charles Rangel-Tax Cheat AND Chairman of the Ways and Means

D Chris Dodd-Congressman tied to Countrywide and various shady things he has no recollection over

Tim Geithner-Tax Cheat

I cite these examples (and everyone knows that there are Repubs too) because these guys are in control. "Now is the time" for what exactly? To push through every social program known to man? To revamp with no sense of understanding of fundamental economics every building block of our society? And then have people who write the very code not follow it, or more accurately, "forget to disclose?
          They hate taxes, you should love them...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Have we EVER had a Sec. of the Treasury before Geithner who was KNOWN tax cheat? Please name him if I have missed it...

You are aware of his case I'm sure. Blatant disregard would be numerous years of misfilings in serveral expenses categories...that's Tim Geithner.

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            Seems to me what he's saying is that we should have higher standards for the Secretary of the Treasury than we do for other people.

Yeah, it's easy to mess up your taxes. But he's not just another guy, he's a high ranking administration official and deserves to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us.
            The only reason Geithner was nominated, and confirmed, was because he was maybe one of two or three people qualified to take that job in the mist of an economic meltdown and crisis. And the others may well have turned it down...

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

If that's true, his rough start is enough to make me worry that he was one of the only qualified ones.
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                They hate taxes, you should love them...
                Only if they put into the tax code what they really believe. Republican hypocrisy revolves around religion, Democratic hypocrisy revolves around telling other people what to do in their lives and not doing it themselves (on a non-religious basis).

Comment

Working...